My husband and I are already planning our next trip in September 2012. Yay! After Greece, Croatia, Slovenia, France and Italy, it's now Germany, Austria and Czech Republic! We just a need a few ideas and tips for a few free days. We are in our early 40s and always prefer less touristy spots, with a few museums, walking trails and excellent food along the way. Here it goes!
6 nights in Berlin - I've lived there 25 years ago. Can't wait to return. The city has changed so much, what do you think of these 2 rentals (specially the area).
2 nights in Dresden (hotel to find). Any recommendations on things to see?
5 nights in Prague - What about these 2 apartments? Don't want to be smack in the middle of the tourist area...
Any side trips to the country to recommend? Marienbad? Others? I heard there are nice walking trails between Prague and Vienna...
4 nights in Vienna (apartment to find) - My 40th birthday gift is a night at the Vienna Opera. Can't wait!
5 nights to spare. We were thinking of splurging and staying in a nice hotel/spa in the Tyrol area, rent a car and visit the area. We will probably be leaving from Munich. Is 2 nights there a good idea or should be fly home from Vienna?
Thanks for all your input!
Feedback on my next trip! Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Vienna and Alps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 2 Prague - Tram #22
- 3 nearby cities to london
- 4 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 5 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 6 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 7 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 8 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 9 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 10 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 11 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 12 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 13 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 14 Porto -City Break
- 15 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 16 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 17 7 days in Greece
- 18 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 19 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 20 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 21 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 22 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 23 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 24 London hotel
- 25 A drive in Europe