My husband and I are already planning our next trip in September 2012. Yay! After Greece, Croatia, Slovenia, France and Italy, it's now Germany, Austria and Czech Republic! We just a need a few ideas and tips for a few free days. We are in our early 40s and always prefer less touristy spots, with a few museums, walking trails and excellent food along the way. Here it goes!
6 nights in Berlin - I've lived there 25 years ago. Can't wait to return. The city has changed so much, what do you think of these 2 rentals (specially the area).
2 nights in Dresden (hotel to find). Any recommendations on things to see?
5 nights in Prague - What about these 2 apartments? Don't want to be smack in the middle of the tourist area...
Any side trips to the country to recommend? Marienbad? Others? I heard there are nice walking trails between Prague and Vienna...
4 nights in Vienna (apartment to find) - My 40th birthday gift is a night at the Vienna Opera. Can't wait!
5 nights to spare. We were thinking of splurging and staying in a nice hotel/spa in the Tyrol area, rent a car and visit the area. We will probably be leaving from Munich. Is 2 nights there a good idea or should be fly home from Vienna?
Thanks for all your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 6 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 7 God Save the Queen?
- 8 Spanish Medical Providers
- 9 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 10 Italy Car Scam
- 11 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 12 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 13 Iceland early december visit
- 14 Paris to Italy
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 17 8 Days in Spain
- 18 9 Days in Spain
- 19 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 22 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 23 Milan or Turin
- 24 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 25 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
Feedback on my next trip! Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Vienna and Alps