My husband and I are already planning our next trip in September 2012. Yay! After Greece, Croatia, Slovenia, France and Italy, it's now Germany, Austria and Czech Republic! We just a need a few ideas and tips for a few free days. We are in our early 40s and always prefer less touristy spots, with a few museums, walking trails and excellent food along the way. Here it goes!
6 nights in Berlin - I've lived there 25 years ago. Can't wait to return. The city has changed so much, what do you think of these 2 rentals (specially the area).
2 nights in Dresden (hotel to find). Any recommendations on things to see?
5 nights in Prague - What about these 2 apartments? Don't want to be smack in the middle of the tourist area...
Any side trips to the country to recommend? Marienbad? Others? I heard there are nice walking trails between Prague and Vienna...
4 nights in Vienna (apartment to find) - My 40th birthday gift is a night at the Vienna Opera. Can't wait!
5 nights to spare. We were thinking of splurging and staying in a nice hotel/spa in the Tyrol area, rent a car and visit the area. We will probably be leaving from Munich. Is 2 nights there a good idea or should be fly home from Vienna?
Thanks for all your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 2 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 3 Spain - day driver advice
- 4 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 5 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 6 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 7 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 8 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 9 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 10 London with Teens Trip Report
- 11 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 12 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 13 Lake Como AREA questions
- 14 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 15 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 16 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 17 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 18 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 19 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 20 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 23 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 24 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
Feedback on my next trip! Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Vienna and Alps