My husband and I are already planning our next trip in September 2012. Yay! After Greece, Croatia, Slovenia, France and Italy, it's now Germany, Austria and Czech Republic! We just a need a few ideas and tips for a few free days. We are in our early 40s and always prefer less touristy spots, with a few museums, walking trails and excellent food along the way. Here it goes!
6 nights in Berlin - I've lived there 25 years ago. Can't wait to return. The city has changed so much, what do you think of these 2 rentals (specially the area).
2 nights in Dresden (hotel to find). Any recommendations on things to see?
5 nights in Prague - What about these 2 apartments? Don't want to be smack in the middle of the tourist area...
Any side trips to the country to recommend? Marienbad? Others? I heard there are nice walking trails between Prague and Vienna...
4 nights in Vienna (apartment to find) - My 40th birthday gift is a night at the Vienna Opera. Can't wait!
5 nights to spare. We were thinking of splurging and staying in a nice hotel/spa in the Tyrol area, rent a car and visit the area. We will probably be leaving from Munich. Is 2 nights there a good idea or should be fly home from Vienna?
Thanks for all your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 2 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 3 Girona and Besalau
- 4 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 5 London Itinerary and Questions
- 6 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 7 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 8 4 flats for a month in Ireland
- 9 Ravello to Paestum
- 10 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 11 MiFi in Italy
- 12 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 13 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 14 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 15 Barcelona completely overrated
- 16 French lavender and cottages
- 17 What Greek islands should I visit
- 18 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 19 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 20 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 21 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 22 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 23 Spain Itinerary Help
- 24 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 25 And now...the 100 best things in Iceland.
Feedback on my next trip! Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Vienna and Alps