My husband and I are already planning our next trip in September 2012. Yay! After Greece, Croatia, Slovenia, France and Italy, it's now Germany, Austria and Czech Republic! We just a need a few ideas and tips for a few free days. We are in our early 40s and always prefer less touristy spots, with a few museums, walking trails and excellent food along the way. Here it goes!
6 nights in Berlin - I've lived there 25 years ago. Can't wait to return. The city has changed so much, what do you think of these 2 rentals (specially the area).
2 nights in Dresden (hotel to find). Any recommendations on things to see?
5 nights in Prague - What about these 2 apartments? Don't want to be smack in the middle of the tourist area...
Any side trips to the country to recommend? Marienbad? Others? I heard there are nice walking trails between Prague and Vienna...
4 nights in Vienna (apartment to find) - My 40th birthday gift is a night at the Vienna Opera. Can't wait!
5 nights to spare. We were thinking of splurging and staying in a nice hotel/spa in the Tyrol area, rent a car and visit the area. We will probably be leaving from Munich. Is 2 nights there a good idea or should be fly home from Vienna?
Thanks for all your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 2 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 3 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 4 London's Must Sights!
- 5 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 6 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 7 Oxford 24 hours
- 8 Two Capitals of Central Europe and an Interlude in Frankfurt
- 9 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 10 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 11 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 12 Andalucia in December
- 13 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 14 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 15 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 16 First trip to Italy
- 17 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 18 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 19 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 20 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 21 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 22 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 23 First Time Solo Travel info
- 24 Budapest Hotels
- 25 Vienna or Budapest?
Feedback on my next trip! Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Vienna and Alps