My husband and I are already planning our next trip in September 2012. Yay! After Greece, Croatia, Slovenia, France and Italy, it's now Germany, Austria and Czech Republic! We just a need a few ideas and tips for a few free days. We are in our early 40s and always prefer less touristy spots, with a few museums, walking trails and excellent food along the way. Here it goes!
6 nights in Berlin - I've lived there 25 years ago. Can't wait to return. The city has changed so much, what do you think of these 2 rentals (specially the area).
2 nights in Dresden (hotel to find). Any recommendations on things to see?
5 nights in Prague - What about these 2 apartments? Don't want to be smack in the middle of the tourist area...
Any side trips to the country to recommend? Marienbad? Others? I heard there are nice walking trails between Prague and Vienna...
4 nights in Vienna (apartment to find) - My 40th birthday gift is a night at the Vienna Opera. Can't wait!
5 nights to spare. We were thinking of splurging and staying in a nice hotel/spa in the Tyrol area, rent a car and visit the area. We will probably be leaving from Munich. Is 2 nights there a good idea or should be fly home from Vienna?
Thanks for all your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 2 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 3 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 4 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 5 Driving in Italy?
- 6 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 7 Granada to Madrid
- 8 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 9 Croatia
- 10 Croatia trip Planning
- 11 Norway -Trips
- 12 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 13 Need help on our Provence trip July 2016
- 14 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 15 England Transportation Experts Needed! Multiple Questions!
- 16 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 17 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 18 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 19 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 20 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 21 Do NIN in 1 or 2 days?
- 22 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 23 Bergen and Norway with toddler under-two
- 24 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger
- 25 English Countryside
Feedback on my next trip! Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Vienna and Alps