My husband and I are already planning our next trip in September 2012. Yay! After Greece, Croatia, Slovenia, France and Italy, it's now Germany, Austria and Czech Republic! We just a need a few ideas and tips for a few free days. We are in our early 40s and always prefer less touristy spots, with a few museums, walking trails and excellent food along the way. Here it goes!
6 nights in Berlin - I've lived there 25 years ago. Can't wait to return. The city has changed so much, what do you think of these 2 rentals (specially the area).
2 nights in Dresden (hotel to find). Any recommendations on things to see?
5 nights in Prague - What about these 2 apartments? Don't want to be smack in the middle of the tourist area...
Any side trips to the country to recommend? Marienbad? Others? I heard there are nice walking trails between Prague and Vienna...
4 nights in Vienna (apartment to find) - My 40th birthday gift is a night at the Vienna Opera. Can't wait!
5 nights to spare. We were thinking of splurging and staying in a nice hotel/spa in the Tyrol area, rent a car and visit the area. We will probably be leaving from Munich. Is 2 nights there a good idea or should be fly home from Vienna?
Thanks for all your input!
Feedback on my next trip! Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Vienna and Alps
- 1 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 2 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 3 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 4 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 5 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 6 Where are the best markets in Rome?
- 7 Discount retail liquor stores - Barcelona or Madrid, Spain areas
- 8 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 9 Football (soccer) matches in July
- 10 BRITISH ISLES---GLOBUS TOURS
- 11 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 12 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 13 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 14 France by rail or car?
- 15 Which tour company would be best?
- 16 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 17 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 18 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 19 Paris in 8 days ALONE
- 20 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 21 Rome: Avoiding the long Colosseum ticket line/queue: Palatine Hill ticket office locations
- 22 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 23 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 24 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 25 Northern Italy second week of June 2013