My husband and I are already planning our next trip in September 2012. Yay! After Greece, Croatia, Slovenia, France and Italy, it's now Germany, Austria and Czech Republic! We just a need a few ideas and tips for a few free days. We are in our early 40s and always prefer less touristy spots, with a few museums, walking trails and excellent food along the way. Here it goes!
6 nights in Berlin - I've lived there 25 years ago. Can't wait to return. The city has changed so much, what do you think of these 2 rentals (specially the area).
2 nights in Dresden (hotel to find). Any recommendations on things to see?
5 nights in Prague - What about these 2 apartments? Don't want to be smack in the middle of the tourist area...
Any side trips to the country to recommend? Marienbad? Others? I heard there are nice walking trails between Prague and Vienna...
4 nights in Vienna (apartment to find) - My 40th birthday gift is a night at the Vienna Opera. Can't wait!
5 nights to spare. We were thinking of splurging and staying in a nice hotel/spa in the Tyrol area, rent a car and visit the area. We will probably be leaving from Munich. Is 2 nights there a good idea or should be fly home from Vienna?
Thanks for all your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 2 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 3 Italy/Croatia Potential Itinerary Advice?
- 4 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 5 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 6 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 7 https://thebeautysystem.com/secret-allure-cream
- 8 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 9 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 10 Italy and Croatia in 20 days - I need a rough itinerary please
- 11 who is in amsterdam?
- 12 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 13 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 14 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 15 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 16 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 17 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 18 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 19 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 20 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 21 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 22 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 23 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 24 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 25 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
Feedback on my next trip! Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Vienna and Alps