My husband and I are already planning our next trip in September 2012. Yay! After Greece, Croatia, Slovenia, France and Italy, it's now Germany, Austria and Czech Republic! We just a need a few ideas and tips for a few free days. We are in our early 40s and always prefer less touristy spots, with a few museums, walking trails and excellent food along the way. Here it goes!
6 nights in Berlin - I've lived there 25 years ago. Can't wait to return. The city has changed so much, what do you think of these 2 rentals (specially the area).
2 nights in Dresden (hotel to find). Any recommendations on things to see?
5 nights in Prague - What about these 2 apartments? Don't want to be smack in the middle of the tourist area...
Any side trips to the country to recommend? Marienbad? Others? I heard there are nice walking trails between Prague and Vienna...
4 nights in Vienna (apartment to find) - My 40th birthday gift is a night at the Vienna Opera. Can't wait!
5 nights to spare. We were thinking of splurging and staying in a nice hotel/spa in the Tyrol area, rent a car and visit the area. We will probably be leaving from Munich. Is 2 nights there a good idea or should be fly home from Vienna?
Thanks for all your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 2 Southern Spain - itinerary suggestions?
- 3 Montenegro in Sept/Oct
- 4 Suggestions Algarve beachfront hotel?
- 5 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 6 Barcelona, 4 nights which neighborhood?
- 7 Help me find a Villa in Val D'Orcia this Summer!
- 8 Looking for a lists of outside markets in Paris
- 9 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 10 London: favorite recent exhibits?
- 11 Coastal Causeway Route- Northern Ireland
- 12 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 13 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 14 Favorite European cemeteries?
- 15 On line site to buy football tickets Lazio vs Milan 1 November 2015
- 16 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 17 How to get from any stop on BE to any place in France
- 18 Bus ticket to Siena
- 19 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 20 La Tavola Marche
- 21 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 22 Le Marche: Cartoceto, Fano...
- 23 House/villa in Italy or France
- 24 Italy for New Year's
- 25 Spanish Christmas season traditions
Feedback on my next trip! Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Vienna and Alps