I've searched the forum and have seen some mention of the east part of Rome, particularly between the Colosseum and the Lateran area, is less safe than a little bit west (and where the more expensive hotels are). However, I also saw some mention that the area may have gotten "safer" in the past several years. I am seeking some feedback on that area, and specifically, the location of Hotel Maikol at Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 138 (preferably from fodorites who've been there in the recent past). While my partner and I have lived in Washington D.C. and are aware of being mindful about ourselves and belongings and associated safety precautions when walking city streets, we'd rather not have to be so concerned when we're on vacation. (I do realize that theft is very common in Rome, particularly on certain buses and trains and so we will be attending to our surroundings....but I'd just like to be able to walk around on the blocks around our hotel without being on "high alert" so to speak. ) I hope this makes sense.
Bottom line: What are your opinions of the location of Hotel Maikol at Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 138 in Rome?
Thanks so much in advance. I've posted here just once before and received so much valuable feedback. This forum and its posters are wonderful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 2 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 3 Provence Lavender fields in July
- 4 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 5 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 6 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 7 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 8 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 9 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 10 Trip report European honeymoon
- 11 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 12 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 13 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 14 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 15 Spain Itinerary advice please – Extremadura? Cadiz?
- 16 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 17 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 18 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 19 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 20 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 21 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 22 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 23 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 24 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 25 Croatian islands