I've searched the forum and have seen some mention of the east part of Rome, particularly between the Colosseum and the Lateran area, is less safe than a little bit west (and where the more expensive hotels are). However, I also saw some mention that the area may have gotten "safer" in the past several years. I am seeking some feedback on that area, and specifically, the location of Hotel Maikol at Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 138 (preferably from fodorites who've been there in the recent past). While my partner and I have lived in Washington D.C. and are aware of being mindful about ourselves and belongings and associated safety precautions when walking city streets, we'd rather not have to be so concerned when we're on vacation. (I do realize that theft is very common in Rome, particularly on certain buses and trains and so we will be attending to our surroundings....but I'd just like to be able to walk around on the blocks around our hotel without being on "high alert" so to speak. ) I hope this makes sense.
Bottom line: What are your opinions of the location of Hotel Maikol at Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 138 in Rome?
Thanks so much in advance. I've posted here just once before and received so much valuable feedback. This forum and its posters are wonderful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in Paris and......
- 2 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Car Hire in Croatia, any recommendations?
- 5 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 6 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Itinerary Help - ?Prague, Austria, Italy
- 10 Budapest & Prague
- 11 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 12 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 13 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 14 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 15 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 16 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 17 Swiss Travel Pass
- 18 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 19 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 20 Athens
- 21 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 22 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 23 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 24 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 25 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka