I've searched the forum and have seen some mention of the east part of Rome, particularly between the Colosseum and the Lateran area, is less safe than a little bit west (and where the more expensive hotels are). However, I also saw some mention that the area may have gotten "safer" in the past several years. I am seeking some feedback on that area, and specifically, the location of Hotel Maikol at Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 138 (preferably from fodorites who've been there in the recent past). While my partner and I have lived in Washington D.C. and are aware of being mindful about ourselves and belongings and associated safety precautions when walking city streets, we'd rather not have to be so concerned when we're on vacation. (I do realize that theft is very common in Rome, particularly on certain buses and trains and so we will be attending to our surroundings....but I'd just like to be able to walk around on the blocks around our hotel without being on "high alert" so to speak. ) I hope this makes sense.
Bottom line: What are your opinions of the location of Hotel Maikol at Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 138 in Rome?
Thanks so much in advance. I've posted here just once before and received so much valuable feedback. This forum and its posters are wonderful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인 릴 게임 ≪ 접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 무료바다이야기 ● 연결 :≫ttw46.com≪
- 3 오리지날릴게임손오공 ◑홈피:='kss998.com'
- 4 릴게임이란 ※연결 :≫tt349.com≪
- 5 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 6 Help with basic itinerary
- 7 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 8 Greece and Italy Combo
- 9 Country Estate Hotel in England
- 10 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 11 Greece and Italy Combo
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 13 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 14 Final Four
- 15 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 16 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 17 Married couple first time to Europe, 4 cities over 2 weeks, questions.
- 18 Which city order makes most sense?
- 19 Tuscany car rental and accommodations
- 20 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 21 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 22 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 23 Valencia, Spain
- 24 Restaurants in Spain
- 25 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To