I've searched the forum and have seen some mention of the east part of Rome, particularly between the Colosseum and the Lateran area, is less safe than a little bit west (and where the more expensive hotels are). However, I also saw some mention that the area may have gotten "safer" in the past several years. I am seeking some feedback on that area, and specifically, the location of Hotel Maikol at Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 138 (preferably from fodorites who've been there in the recent past). While my partner and I have lived in Washington D.C. and are aware of being mindful about ourselves and belongings and associated safety precautions when walking city streets, we'd rather not have to be so concerned when we're on vacation. (I do realize that theft is very common in Rome, particularly on certain buses and trains and so we will be attending to our surroundings....but I'd just like to be able to walk around on the blocks around our hotel without being on "high alert" so to speak. ) I hope this makes sense.
Bottom line: What are your opinions of the location of Hotel Maikol at Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 138 in Rome?
Thanks so much in advance. I've posted here just once before and received so much valuable feedback. This forum and its posters are wonderful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car to Heathrow: what time to order?
- 2 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 3 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 4 Lake Garda or Lake Lugano?
- 5 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 6 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 7 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 8 Planning a two day visit to Montreux
- 9 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 10 collecting tickets for early alhambra visit
- 11 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 12 France Grande Alpes Excursion
- 13 Switzerland in 8 days
- 14 Dusseldorf to Mainz (or somewhere in-between)
- 15 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 16 what to do with 2 nights!!
- 17 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 18 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 19 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 20 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 21 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 22 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 23 Daughter has British passport can she get free education in UK
- 24 What clothes?
- 25 Teens in Paris..what to wear