I've searched the forum and have seen some mention of the east part of Rome, particularly between the Colosseum and the Lateran area, is less safe than a little bit west (and where the more expensive hotels are). However, I also saw some mention that the area may have gotten "safer" in the past several years. I am seeking some feedback on that area, and specifically, the location of Hotel Maikol at Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 138 (preferably from fodorites who've been there in the recent past). While my partner and I have lived in Washington D.C. and are aware of being mindful about ourselves and belongings and associated safety precautions when walking city streets, we'd rather not have to be so concerned when we're on vacation. (I do realize that theft is very common in Rome, particularly on certain buses and trains and so we will be attending to our surroundings....but I'd just like to be able to walk around on the blocks around our hotel without being on "high alert" so to speak. ) I hope this makes sense.
Bottom line: What are your opinions of the location of Hotel Maikol at Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 138 in Rome?
Thanks so much in advance. I've posted here just once before and received so much valuable feedback. This forum and its posters are wonderful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 2 Montreux, Interlaken, Lucerne or Lauterbrunnen?
- 3 8 days in switzerland
- 4 Sienna with kids
- 5 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 6 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 7 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 8 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 9 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg
- 10 Paris in July - side trip to South of France
- 11 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 12 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 13 Must sees in Malaga
- 14 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 15 motion sickness on air conditioned motor coaches, trains, etc
- 16 Seville in September-La Bienal
- 17 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 18 Classical Music in Milan
- 19 12 nights in Greek islands
- 20 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 21 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 22 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 23 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 24 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 25 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er