I've searched the forum and have seen some mention of the east part of Rome, particularly between the Colosseum and the Lateran area, is less safe than a little bit west (and where the more expensive hotels are). However, I also saw some mention that the area may have gotten "safer" in the past several years. I am seeking some feedback on that area, and specifically, the location of Hotel Maikol at Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 138 (preferably from fodorites who've been there in the recent past). While my partner and I have lived in Washington D.C. and are aware of being mindful about ourselves and belongings and associated safety precautions when walking city streets, we'd rather not have to be so concerned when we're on vacation. (I do realize that theft is very common in Rome, particularly on certain buses and trains and so we will be attending to our surroundings....but I'd just like to be able to walk around on the blocks around our hotel without being on "high alert" so to speak. ) I hope this makes sense.
Bottom line: What are your opinions of the location of Hotel Maikol at Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 138 in Rome?
Thanks so much in advance. I've posted here just once before and received so much valuable feedback. This forum and its posters are wonderful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 QUERY: YAHOO TEC*H SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 YAHOO MAIL D*J
- 2 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 3 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 4 Naples + Walking Tour
- 5 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 6 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 7 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 8 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 9 Need hotel in Athens
- 10 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 11 Avoid Europcar!
- 12 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 13 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 14 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 16 Train / Calabria
- 17 16 days in France and Italy
- 18 Scotland - We're Here!
- 19 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 20 Paris for children
- 21 Madrid food advice needed
- 22 Best areas of Porto to stay
- 23 Couscous
- 24 Visiting Plitvice - base location/lodging
- 25 IWM