I am in the beginning stages of planning an itinerary for a trip to the UK and would love some feedback. I will be going for 3 and ½ weeks in July with a friend. We are both in our mid-twenties and enjoy exploring new places on foot. We’re hoping to visit a variety of places but don’t want to be rushing the whole trip. We’ll be getting around by bus/train and plan to stay mostly in hostels.
So far what we are thinking is:
- 4 days/5 nights in London
- 2 days/2 nights in Oxford
- 1 day/2 nights in Bath
- 2 days/1 night in Liverpool
- 1 day/1 night in Carlisle/Newcastle
- 2 days/3 nights in Edinburgh
- 3 days/2 nights on a tour of Isle of Skye
- 2 days/3 nights in Glasgow
We still have 2 days/2 nights left to fill during our time in the UK. Places we are thinking: Brighton, York, or somewhere in North Wales for outdoorsy stuff (Aberystwyth/Harlech/Bangor).
Any feedback on where we’re going, how long we’re staying in each place, and the feasibility of doing all this by public transit would be very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence 5 days 4 night (3.5 full days) itinerary
- 2 Bed & Breakfast in Paris for one night
- 3 Restaurant / Food suggestions for the Golden Circle
- 4 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 5 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 6 Lake Maggiore?
- 7 what to do in florence
- 8 20-day tour arrangement in the UK
- 9 Help required for Germany trip plan
- 10 If Greece exits
- 11 Ecotourism Holiday Survey for Extended Project
- 12 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 13 Our first trip to Europe
- 14 Berlin Itinerary
- 15 Spain vacation itinerary suggestions
- 16 Refund Oyster Card
- 17 A plethora of islands
- 18 Best Things to do in Bristol
- 19 Looking for architecture, paintings, castles, etc
- 20 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 21 For art lovers in London next week
- 22 barcelona
- 23 London for work Paris for play!
- 24 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 25 French ATC strike lifted