I am in the beginning stages of planning an itinerary for a trip to the UK and would love some feedback. I will be going for 3 and ½ weeks in July with a friend. We are both in our mid-twenties and enjoy exploring new places on foot. We’re hoping to visit a variety of places but don’t want to be rushing the whole trip. We’ll be getting around by bus/train and plan to stay mostly in hostels.
So far what we are thinking is:
- 4 days/5 nights in London
- 2 days/2 nights in Oxford
- 1 day/2 nights in Bath
- 2 days/1 night in Liverpool
- 1 day/1 night in Carlisle/Newcastle
- 2 days/3 nights in Edinburgh
- 3 days/2 nights on a tour of Isle of Skye
- 2 days/3 nights in Glasgow
We still have 2 days/2 nights left to fill during our time in the UK. Places we are thinking: Brighton, York, or somewhere in North Wales for outdoorsy stuff (Aberystwyth/Harlech/Bangor).
Any feedback on where we’re going, how long we’re staying in each place, and the feasibility of doing all this by public transit would be very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland in 4 days?
- 2 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 3 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 4 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 5 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 6 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 7 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 8 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 9 SIM card
- 10 Sixt insurance claim
- 11 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 12 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 13 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 14 Treck to drakolimni with children?
- 15 Europe itinerary
- 16 Iceland in 9 nights in late September
- 17 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 18 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 19 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 20 Munich-6 days in September
- 21 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 22 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 23 Enjoying England for a year!
- 24 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 25 Les bons plans de Whathello