I am in the beginning stages of planning an itinerary for a trip to the UK and would love some feedback. I will be going for 3 and ½ weeks in July with a friend. We are both in our mid-twenties and enjoy exploring new places on foot. We’re hoping to visit a variety of places but don’t want to be rushing the whole trip. We’ll be getting around by bus/train and plan to stay mostly in hostels.
So far what we are thinking is:
- 4 days/5 nights in London
- 2 days/2 nights in Oxford
- 1 day/2 nights in Bath
- 2 days/1 night in Liverpool
- 1 day/1 night in Carlisle/Newcastle
- 2 days/3 nights in Edinburgh
- 3 days/2 nights on a tour of Isle of Skye
- 2 days/3 nights in Glasgow
We still have 2 days/2 nights left to fill during our time in the UK. Places we are thinking: Brighton, York, or somewhere in North Wales for outdoorsy stuff (Aberystwyth/Harlech/Bangor).
Any feedback on where we’re going, how long we’re staying in each place, and the feasibility of doing all this by public transit would be very welcome.
Feedback on 3.5 week UK itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 2 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 3 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 4 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 5 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 6 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 7 Sicily Suggetions
- 8 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 9 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 10 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 Heathrow Airport Hotel
- 13 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 14 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 15 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 16 7 days in Greece
- 17 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 18 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 19 London hotel
- 20 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 21 A drive in Europe
- 22 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 23 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 24 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 25 day trip to Lake Como from Milan