I am in the beginning stages of planning an itinerary for a trip to the UK and would love some feedback. I will be going for 3 and ½ weeks in July with a friend. We are both in our mid-twenties and enjoy exploring new places on foot. We’re hoping to visit a variety of places but don’t want to be rushing the whole trip. We’ll be getting around by bus/train and plan to stay mostly in hostels.
So far what we are thinking is:
- 4 days/5 nights in London
- 2 days/2 nights in Oxford
- 1 day/2 nights in Bath
- 2 days/1 night in Liverpool
- 1 day/1 night in Carlisle/Newcastle
- 2 days/3 nights in Edinburgh
- 3 days/2 nights on a tour of Isle of Skye
- 2 days/3 nights in Glasgow
We still have 2 days/2 nights left to fill during our time in the UK. Places we are thinking: Brighton, York, or somewhere in North Wales for outdoorsy stuff (Aberystwyth/Harlech/Bangor).
Any feedback on where we’re going, how long we’re staying in each place, and the feasibility of doing all this by public transit would be very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 2 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 3 good restaurants/Wengen/Zermatt/Zurich
- 4 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 7 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 8 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 9 cell plan ?
- 10 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 11 Flights to Crete from NE coast of USA
- 12 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 13 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 14 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 15 Best daypack ?
- 16 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 17 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 18 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 19 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 20 Hiking in Switzerland
- 21 Iceland car rental agencies
- 22 Paris- restaurant
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 25 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!