I am in the beginning stages of planning an itinerary for a trip to the UK and would love some feedback. I will be going for 3 and ½ weeks in July with a friend. We are both in our mid-twenties and enjoy exploring new places on foot. We’re hoping to visit a variety of places but don’t want to be rushing the whole trip. We’ll be getting around by bus/train and plan to stay mostly in hostels.
So far what we are thinking is:
- 4 days/5 nights in London
- 2 days/2 nights in Oxford
- 1 day/2 nights in Bath
- 2 days/1 night in Liverpool
- 1 day/1 night in Carlisle/Newcastle
- 2 days/3 nights in Edinburgh
- 3 days/2 nights on a tour of Isle of Skye
- 2 days/3 nights in Glasgow
We still have 2 days/2 nights left to fill during our time in the UK. Places we are thinking: Brighton, York, or somewhere in North Wales for outdoorsy stuff (Aberystwyth/Harlech/Bangor).
Any feedback on where we’re going, how long we’re staying in each place, and the feasibility of doing all this by public transit would be very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 2 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 3 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 4 A few more questions about Brittany
- 5 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 6 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 7 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 8 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 9 Airports in France - help with transport between them
- 10 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 11 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 12 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 13 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 14 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 15 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 16 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 17 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 18 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 19 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 22 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 23 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 24 4 days each in London and Paris
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?