I am in the beginning stages of planning an itinerary for a trip to the UK and would love some feedback. I will be going for 3 and ½ weeks in July with a friend. We are both in our mid-twenties and enjoy exploring new places on foot. We’re hoping to visit a variety of places but don’t want to be rushing the whole trip. We’ll be getting around by bus/train and plan to stay mostly in hostels.
So far what we are thinking is:
- 4 days/5 nights in London
- 2 days/2 nights in Oxford
- 1 day/2 nights in Bath
- 2 days/1 night in Liverpool
- 1 day/1 night in Carlisle/Newcastle
- 2 days/3 nights in Edinburgh
- 3 days/2 nights on a tour of Isle of Skye
- 2 days/3 nights in Glasgow
We still have 2 days/2 nights left to fill during our time in the UK. Places we are thinking: Brighton, York, or somewhere in North Wales for outdoorsy stuff (Aberystwyth/Harlech/Bangor).
Any feedback on where we’re going, how long we’re staying in each place, and the feasibility of doing all this by public transit would be very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 2 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 3 Eiffel-tower-shut-staff-walk-
- 4 London-Paris solo trip
- 5 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 6 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 7 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 8 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 9 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 10 Bad Wimpfen or Schwaebisch Hall
- 11 French Prem Train Fares
- 12 Northern Spain
- 13 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 14 Shoppingin Spain
- 15 Dublin to Dingle?
- 16 To Hampton Court Palace
- 17 Day trip London to Belgium - Help!
- 18 Anyone have a good word to say about Zurich?
- 19 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 20 Scotland for a week with 6 1/2 year old
- 21 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 22 venice to lucca by car
- 23 Train or bus from Annecy to Cully Switzerland
- 24 Athens Hotels Plaka
- 25 Swallows and Amazons! (or a midweek break in the Lake District)