I am in the beginning stages of planning an itinerary for a trip to the UK and would love some feedback. I will be going for 3 and ½ weeks in July with a friend. We are both in our mid-twenties and enjoy exploring new places on foot. We’re hoping to visit a variety of places but don’t want to be rushing the whole trip. We’ll be getting around by bus/train and plan to stay mostly in hostels.
So far what we are thinking is:
- 4 days/5 nights in London
- 2 days/2 nights in Oxford
- 1 day/2 nights in Bath
- 2 days/1 night in Liverpool
- 1 day/1 night in Carlisle/Newcastle
- 2 days/3 nights in Edinburgh
- 3 days/2 nights on a tour of Isle of Skye
- 2 days/3 nights in Glasgow
We still have 2 days/2 nights left to fill during our time in the UK. Places we are thinking: Brighton, York, or somewhere in North Wales for outdoorsy stuff (Aberystwyth/Harlech/Bangor).
Any feedback on where we’re going, how long we’re staying in each place, and the feasibility of doing all this by public transit would be very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 2 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 3 Westerplatte
- 4 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 5 Biarritz family holiday
- 6 Ireland hotel questions
- 7 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 8 Croatia transportation question.
- 9 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 10 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 11 Cutback on Spain trip
- 12 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 13 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 14 getting to CDG
- 15 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 16 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 17 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 18 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 19 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 20 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 21 Ireland travel passport question
- 22 Bernina Express mid-March
- 23 If you had to choose one......
- 24 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 25 Trying to pick a Greek Island