I am in the beginning stages of planning an itinerary for a trip to the UK and would love some feedback. I will be going for 3 and ½ weeks in July with a friend. We are both in our mid-twenties and enjoy exploring new places on foot. We’re hoping to visit a variety of places but don’t want to be rushing the whole trip. We’ll be getting around by bus/train and plan to stay mostly in hostels.
So far what we are thinking is:
- 4 days/5 nights in London
- 2 days/2 nights in Oxford
- 1 day/2 nights in Bath
- 2 days/1 night in Liverpool
- 1 day/1 night in Carlisle/Newcastle
- 2 days/3 nights in Edinburgh
- 3 days/2 nights on a tour of Isle of Skye
- 2 days/3 nights in Glasgow
We still have 2 days/2 nights left to fill during our time in the UK. Places we are thinking: Brighton, York, or somewhere in North Wales for outdoorsy stuff (Aberystwyth/Harlech/Bangor).
Any feedback on where we’re going, how long we’re staying in each place, and the feasibility of doing all this by public transit would be very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 APPLY FOR REAL REGISTERED DATABASE PASSPORT
- 2 England and Wales by public transport
- 3 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 4 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 5 More Info : http://eternitynaturalsgarcinia.com/acai-plus-avis/
- 6 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 7 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 8 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 9 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 10 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 11 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 12 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 13 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 14 To do afternoon of arrival in London
- 15 MiFi in Italy
- 16 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 17 One quick week -- where in France?
- 18 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 19 Guides - Matera
- 20 Spain Itinerary Help
- 21 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 22 Ravello to Paestum
- 23 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 24 Girona and Besalau
- 25 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!