My partner and I are travelling to Spain for 3 weeks (21 nights) late September-mid October. It is our honeymoon. I have the LP and RG books but would like some personal experience on what I have researched.
About us: We would like a combination of romance and true exploration. We enjoy food/wine and want to ensure we have some downtime but also really want to explore the history, architecture and art. My partner is an amateur photographer. We have tried to narrow down to 3 'areas' with about a week in each.
I'm looking for advice on the following:
-is the suggested itinerary below too ambitious/busy?
-If yes, what would you skip?
-Any replacement town suggestions?
-Do we really need to book hotels in advance in most places or can we wing it so we have more flexibility to stay or leave somewhere based on experience? Are there any places you recommend we certainly try to book ahead?
Madrid & Surrounds (7 nights)
-Fly into Madrid
-3.5 full days in Madrid
-Day trip to toledo (or take time madrid and spend a night here?)
-Day trip to Segovia
-1 overnight (2 days) in Salamanca
Andalusia (7 nights)
-3 days Seville
-2 days Cordoba
-2 days Granada
Rioja/Navarra, Basque, San Sebastian (we are wine lovers) (6 nights)
(Rent a Car)
-3 nights Pamplona (home base for touring and one full day in Pamplona itself)
-2 days exploring Haro, Lograno by car
-3 nights San Sebastian
-day trip to Bilbao (or spend a night?)
Travel back to Madrid for one night to fly out early morning.
(any benefit to doing Andalucia last?)
thank you so much in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 2 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 3 Visit to Engand
- 4 Help with basic itinerary
- 5 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 6 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 7 Final Four
- 8 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 9 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 10 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 11 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 12 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 13 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 14 Cornwall UK
- 15 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 16 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 17 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 18 Short Trip to Paris
- 19 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 20 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 21 Cinqueterre
- 22 Parking in Girona
- 23 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 24 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 25 SNCF - low price for summer