we are planning a visit to Iceland and Greenland in Sept first half. we know its gonna be cold but this is the only chance we are gonna get to go to iceland. any feedback will be highly appreciated. Please see daily planned itinerary as below:
1. Helsinki to Reykjavik with overnight in Reykjavik.
2. Fly to Ilulissat with overnight for 2 days in Illulissat and take tours from there.
3. Fly from Ilulissat to Reykjavik and overnight stay for 2 days with visiting places nearby.
4. Drive from Reykjavik and visit Borgarfjörður - Grábrók – Skagafjörður with an overnight stay in Akureyri.
5. Drive from Akureyri and visit Goðafoss - Lake Mývatn and overnight in Lake Mývatn.
6. Go from Lake Mývatn and visit Jökuldalsheiði - Dettifoss - Egilsstaðir – Hengifoss and overnight in Fáskrúðsfjörður.
7. Drive from Fáskrúðsfjörður to Vatnajökull - Jökulsárlón - Skaftafell National Park and overnight in Kirkjubæjarklaustur.
8. Go from Kirkjubæjarklaustur to Skógafoss - Seljalandsfoss - Vík and stay in Hveragerði overnight.
9.Drive from Hveragerði visiting Gullfoss - Geysir - Thingvellir National Park and stay overnight in Reykjavik.
10. Fly back!
We plan to drive ourselves to all these places. For ilulissat we plan to take a tour.
many thanks in advance! any feedback will be highly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 2 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 3 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 4 Car rental leaving Rome
- 5 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 6 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 7 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 8 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 9 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 10 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 11 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 12 Greece in March?
- 13 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 14 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 15 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 16 Holland/France/Spain
- 17 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 18 Why Not Helsinki?
- 19 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 20 Best boutique shops for kids within walking distance of Notre Dame?
- 21 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 22 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 23 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 24 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 25 Glasgow and Edinburgh