we are planning a visit to Iceland and Greenland in Sept first half. we know its gonna be cold but this is the only chance we are gonna get to go to iceland. any feedback will be highly appreciated. Please see daily planned itinerary as below:
1. Helsinki to Reykjavik with overnight in Reykjavik.
2. Fly to Ilulissat with overnight for 2 days in Illulissat and take tours from there.
3. Fly from Ilulissat to Reykjavik and overnight stay for 2 days with visiting places nearby.
4. Drive from Reykjavik and visit Borgarfjörður - Grábrók – Skagafjörður with an overnight stay in Akureyri.
5. Drive from Akureyri and visit Goðafoss - Lake Mývatn and overnight in Lake Mývatn.
6. Go from Lake Mývatn and visit Jökuldalsheiði - Dettifoss - Egilsstaðir – Hengifoss and overnight in Fáskrúðsfjörður.
7. Drive from Fáskrúðsfjörður to Vatnajökull - Jökulsárlón - Skaftafell National Park and overnight in Kirkjubæjarklaustur.
8. Go from Kirkjubæjarklaustur to Skógafoss - Seljalandsfoss - Vík and stay in Hveragerði overnight.
9.Drive from Hveragerði visiting Gullfoss - Geysir - Thingvellir National Park and stay overnight in Reykjavik.
10. Fly back!
We plan to drive ourselves to all these places. For ilulissat we plan to take a tour.
many thanks in advance! any feedback will be highly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Italy
- 2 Frankfurt to UK
- 3 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 4 Milan or Turin
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 10 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 13 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 14 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 15 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 16 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 17 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 18 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 19 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 20 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 21 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 22 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 23 9 Days in Spain
- 24 Barcelona alternative
- 25 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP