Our family of 2 adults + 2 toddlers (age 2 and 5 years old) will be traveling to Germany, Austria and Switzerland in mid Jul for 15 days trip. While we had been on road trip in UK and France, this will be our first time here.
We have a draft itinerary however we would very much appreciate your input to fine tune the plan. Traveling with 2 young ones, we prefer to go for more scenic route instead of adventurous ones. Here's the draft:
Frankfurt (1 day) -- pick up car
Nuremberg / Rothenburg (1 day)
Munich (2 days)
Salzburg / Hallstatt (2 days)
Lucerne (1 day) -- by train from Salzburg
Basel / Colmar (3 days) -- drive from Lucerne
Black Forest (2 days)
Frankurt (1 day)
1. Is the above routes alright, or are we over ambitious?
2. We plan to rent a car except for the journey from Salzburg - Lucerne (which seem like a long journey). Is this economical and is the road condition too challenging considering we are right-hand drivers here? We though renting a car allow us better flexibility with the kids.
3. Which would be the recommended car rental in these countries?
4. After reading much feedback we're considering to leave Neuswanstein Castle and Zurich out from our itinerary. Will prefer to choose a castle that does not have such long queues and not too long drive. Are we making the right decision here..?
5. Understand there are travel pass / permit requires when driving in Switzerland, is it mandatory and how can we purchase that before the trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 나인카지노 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 오션카지노 c p s 33 . c o m
- 3 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 4 Athens Help
- 5 Crete Holiday
- 6 Apartment Montreux area
- 7 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 8 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 9 Safety in Rome
- 10 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 11 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 12 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 13 Europe First Timers
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 Uber vs. TfL
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 19 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 20 base in brussels
- 21 Rome or Venice first
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 24 Berlin
- 25 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
Feedback needed for family trip to Germany-Austria-Switzerland