It's good to be posting again after a hiatus - I hope you are all well!
We just booked our 9th trip to Italy (second with both boys along for the fun), and will be flying out of FCO in Rome. Here's the quandary. Normally, with an 11:15am departure out of FCO, I'd spend the final night of the trip in our beloved apartment steps from the Pantheon and take an early taxi to the airport. *However*, we will have rental cars on our hands (two of them, as the grandparents are joining us). We will be driving in from the Assisi-area on Sunday, 7 June, and need to spend the night somewhere near FCO. Then return the cars in the morning on the 8th, check in for flights, and depart at 11:15am. So while we love, love, love historic Rome, it doesn't seem to fit practically into this trip.
Suggestions for where to stay that's close to FCO (and easy to navigate early on a Monday morning)? Our sons will be 2 and 4 years old, respectively. We have visited Ostia Antica a couple times but I didn't see much in the way of accommodations in the town. I believe there is a beach somewhere close but don't know how nice it is, how the accommodations are, nor how the drive to FCO would be in the morning.
Budget - 250E or less per room, preferably, and I'd love to come in under since this is just a short overnight stay. Apartments are always a plus with young kids, but I'd be surprised if anyone wanted to rent for one night only. We don't need a quad room - we do 2 doubles when staying in hotels.
Many Thanks for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 2 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 3 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 4 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 5 A week in Paris
- 6 38 Days in Paris
- 7 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 8 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 9 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 10 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 11 2 Months in Sicily
- 12 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 13 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 14 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 15 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 16 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 17 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 18 Azores
- 19 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 20 Sundays in Puglia
- 21 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 22 Prague
- 23 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 24 What tips can you give about packing?
- 25 Sim Card Options