It's good to be posting again after a hiatus - I hope you are all well!
We just booked our 9th trip to Italy (second with both boys along for the fun), and will be flying out of FCO in Rome. Here's the quandary. Normally, with an 11:15am departure out of FCO, I'd spend the final night of the trip in our beloved apartment steps from the Pantheon and take an early taxi to the airport. *However*, we will have rental cars on our hands (two of them, as the grandparents are joining us). We will be driving in from the Assisi-area on Sunday, 7 June, and need to spend the night somewhere near FCO. Then return the cars in the morning on the 8th, check in for flights, and depart at 11:15am. So while we love, love, love historic Rome, it doesn't seem to fit practically into this trip.
Suggestions for where to stay that's close to FCO (and easy to navigate early on a Monday morning)? Our sons will be 2 and 4 years old, respectively. We have visited Ostia Antica a couple times but I didn't see much in the way of accommodations in the town. I believe there is a beach somewhere close but don't know how nice it is, how the accommodations are, nor how the drive to FCO would be in the morning.
Budget - 250E or less per room, preferably, and I'd love to come in under since this is just a short overnight stay. Apartments are always a plus with young kids, but I'd be surprised if anyone wanted to rent for one night only. We don't need a quad room - we do 2 doubles when staying in hotels.
Many Thanks for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help please
- 2 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 3 St Denis Cathedral
- 4 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 5 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 6 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 7 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 8 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 11 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 12 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 13 CDG much improved
- 14 Praiano
- 15 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 16 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 17 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 18 Norway fjord
- 19 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 20 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 21 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 22 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 23 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 24 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 25 A few days in Naples - what a great city