As I learn Polish with the idea of trip to Germany and Poland in the not-too-distant future, I've been investigating via YouTube Polish singers as I find listening to music sometimes helps me as I'm learning a language, but also brings me in touch with well-respected figures in a given country.
More interested in folk music, popular music , 20th century classics, rock, ballads than say rap. Any "incontournables" (un-missables) as they say in French?
Of what I've found so far, I've appreciated Ania Wyszkoni (Wiem że jesteś tam), Masters (Szukam dziewczyny and others) and Czerwone gitary (Anna Maria). So, I can like ranging from ballads to pop/dance to classics as those of you in the know can see from these 3. I found I actually understood whole sentence of Ania Wyszkoni at times! Anyway, I feel a bit aimless in my searches, typically going from one popular hit to another popular hit, so I'd enjoy hearing personal favorites of Fodors folks. I'd gotten some good pointers on German language favorites in the past, so I'd love to hear about your Polish favorites!
Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 2 Cell Phone Question
- 3 Help required with Itinerary
- 4 UK Visa Help
- 5 advance tickets?
- 6 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 7 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 8 Greek Islands (small)
- 9 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 10 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 11 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 12 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 13 Public Transportation in England
- 14 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 15 K-Day
- 16 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 17 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 18 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 19 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 20 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 21 Spain in December
- 22 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 23 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 24 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 25 Recommendations for Wiesbaden