We have settled on Malcesine for our stay on Lake Garda in the latter part of May (three nights).
Now, the hotel. I saw a good reco for Hotel Bellevue San Lorenzo but in reading Tripadvisor a person stated it was a 30 minute walk into town, very steep and along a busy road.
On the one hand, it sounds like it must have great views. Also, having stayed at Eremo Gaudio on Lake Como a few times, Mom and I are used to a good 15 minute walk up and down a fairly steep hill (but, very quiet road as it's a dead end at the top) to get to that particular hotel. Would this be worse, same thing, etc.
We really liked being up that high, but it's also the case that once you are there in the evening, you aren't as psyched about heading back down into town because it's such a trek. Not to mention that my Mom just turned 70. Very mobile and chipper 70, but it might be nice not to have a trek twice a day (or more).
Thoughts? Has anyone stayed there? Even better, if you have also visited the Eremo Gaudio and can give a comparison...
Other possibilities? What are thoughts on Hotel Castello (lakefront), or maybe the Majestic Palace Hotel?
Many thanks for any ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 2 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 3 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 4 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 5 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 6 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 7 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 8 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 9 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 10 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 11 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 12 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 13 help with Italy itinerary
- 14 Capri in July
- 15 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 16 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 17 Venice
- 18 London 2For1 question
- 19 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 20 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 22 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 23 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 24 Porto and vicinity
- 25 Layover, not get on connecting flight