We have settled on Malcesine for our stay on Lake Garda in the latter part of May (three nights).
Now, the hotel. I saw a good reco for Hotel Bellevue San Lorenzo but in reading Tripadvisor a person stated it was a 30 minute walk into town, very steep and along a busy road.
On the one hand, it sounds like it must have great views. Also, having stayed at Eremo Gaudio on Lake Como a few times, Mom and I are used to a good 15 minute walk up and down a fairly steep hill (but, very quiet road as it's a dead end at the top) to get to that particular hotel. Would this be worse, same thing, etc.
We really liked being up that high, but it's also the case that once you are there in the evening, you aren't as psyched about heading back down into town because it's such a trek. Not to mention that my Mom just turned 70. Very mobile and chipper 70, but it might be nice not to have a trek twice a day (or more).
Thoughts? Has anyone stayed there? Even better, if you have also visited the Eremo Gaudio and can give a comparison...
Other possibilities? What are thoughts on Hotel Castello (lakefront), or maybe the Majestic Palace Hotel?
Many thanks for any ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shoes in Scotland
- 2 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 3 Engadine Valley help
- 4 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 5 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 6 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 7 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 8 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 9 Naples, Italy
- 10 Ireland in April
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 13 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 14 French restaurants
- 15 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 16 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 17 Tuscany 6 nights
- 18 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 19 Ireland travel passport question
- 20 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 21 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 22 Planning a European Trip
- 23 France & Italy, May or June
- 24 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 25 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?