We have settled on Malcesine for our stay on Lake Garda in the latter part of May (three nights).
Now, the hotel. I saw a good reco for Hotel Bellevue San Lorenzo but in reading Tripadvisor a person stated it was a 30 minute walk into town, very steep and along a busy road.
On the one hand, it sounds like it must have great views. Also, having stayed at Eremo Gaudio on Lake Como a few times, Mom and I are used to a good 15 minute walk up and down a fairly steep hill (but, very quiet road as it's a dead end at the top) to get to that particular hotel. Would this be worse, same thing, etc.
We really liked being up that high, but it's also the case that once you are there in the evening, you aren't as psyched about heading back down into town because it's such a trek. Not to mention that my Mom just turned 70. Very mobile and chipper 70, but it might be nice not to have a trek twice a day (or more).
Thoughts? Has anyone stayed there? Even better, if you have also visited the Eremo Gaudio and can give a comparison...
Other possibilities? What are thoughts on Hotel Castello (lakefront), or maybe the Majestic Palace Hotel?
Many thanks for any ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 2 Amsterdam hotels
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Europe itinerary questions
- 8 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 9 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 10 Brugge hotel help
- 11 Old European currency
- 12 Denmark or Sweden?
- 13 Five night Ireland Trip
- 14 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 London Hotels
- 18 10 days in Paris and......
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 21 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 22 1 month in Europe
- 23 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 24 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 25 Intercity Notte training boarding time