We have settled on Malcesine for our stay on Lake Garda in the latter part of May (three nights).
Now, the hotel. I saw a good reco for Hotel Bellevue San Lorenzo but in reading Tripadvisor a person stated it was a 30 minute walk into town, very steep and along a busy road.
On the one hand, it sounds like it must have great views. Also, having stayed at Eremo Gaudio on Lake Como a few times, Mom and I are used to a good 15 minute walk up and down a fairly steep hill (but, very quiet road as it's a dead end at the top) to get to that particular hotel. Would this be worse, same thing, etc.
We really liked being up that high, but it's also the case that once you are there in the evening, you aren't as psyched about heading back down into town because it's such a trek. Not to mention that my Mom just turned 70. Very mobile and chipper 70, but it might be nice not to have a trek twice a day (or more).
Thoughts? Has anyone stayed there? Even better, if you have also visited the Eremo Gaudio and can give a comparison...
Other possibilities? What are thoughts on Hotel Castello (lakefront), or maybe the Majestic Palace Hotel?
Many thanks for any ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Globus Iberian Tour
- 2 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 3 Italy travel plan help
- 4 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 5 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 6 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 7 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 8 Thinking about the Fjords
- 9 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 10 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 11 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 12 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 13 road trip through scotland
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 16 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 17 Poland to Austria In December
- 18 Tracking the Weather
- 19 Camping on the Tour of Mont Blanc
- 20 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 21 What are your St. Petersburg, Russia experiences?
- 22 base for Andalucia
- 23 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 24 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 25 Budapest Card