I've been wanting to go to Italy for a few years now. We always end up choosing somewhere else. The reason : Italy just seems so expensive! We always travel in the summer July or August- only choice. We have 3 teens. So, before we choose another country, I wanted to check in with u all. Can we do Rome (south Italy appeals to me too), the cirque sounds fun and Florence, somehow on a budget? Should we base ourselves in Rome? Any thoughts?
Family trip to Italy - doable with a small budget?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 2 Europe in 21 days
- 3 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 4 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 5 Street food in Turkey
- 6 Dublin Hostels
- 7 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 8 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 9 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 10 Spain Questions
- 11 9 days in turkey
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 14 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 15 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 16 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 17 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 18 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 19 Mont St Michel
- 20 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 21 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 22 Renting a car in Ireland - pick up/off at Dublin airport or city center?
- 23 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 24 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 25 Avignon to London?