I was on a Friday-Monday trip to Sevilla with two friends in the beginning of October, and I was so enchanted I decided to organize a family trip to Andalucia for the school vacation a month later.
We are five, on a budget, and I started planning just two weeks before departure.
I initially planned for us to be away for 10 days and to include Granada, Malaga, Cordoba, Sevilla and Cadiz. We had to shorten it to 8 days (including travelling days), so I decided to cut out Malaga.
I looked for low-cost flights from Paris to one of the destinations on our list, and the least expensive alternative was to take Vueling from Paris to Granada (ca 600€ for five) and return on Vueling Sevilla – Paris (ca 500€ for five). Other alternative companies I looked at were Transavia and Ryanair.
( In October I had gone Paris - Sevilla roundtrip with Transavia for 70€/pers, booked five months ahead.)
So this is how it turned out:
Day 1 - flight with Vueling Paris - Granada (6h55 – 12h).
When booking, this sounded like a really good idea; travel in the morning and have the rest of the day on location. But at the Orly airport we were informed that the flight was delayed and our connecting flight in Barcelona was rebooked to 7.30 in the evening.
We arrived in Barcelona around 11 am, picked up some restaurant tickets from Vueling as a compensation for the delay, had coffee, snacks at the airport, and took the really slow train to the centre of Barcelona to wait for our evening flight. Barcelona was gray and cold when we arrived at the station near Casa Battlo http://www.casabatllo.es/. We took some pictures of the facade and started strolling down Passeig de Gràcia to Plaça de Catalunya and on to las Ramblas. We decided to have lunch at a restaurant on a side street from La Rambla - L'Eucaliptus, http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187497-d1795392-Reviews-L_eucaliptus-Barcelona_Catalonia.html - good and inexpensive.
Barcelona is wonderful - when it is your planned destination.
After lunch we slowly walked back to the train station and took the slow train back to the airport, used up the last restaurant tickets, went through security, boarded the plane and were finally on our way to Granada.
We landed at 10 o clock at night and took the airport shuttle to our hotel, Hotel Saray:
Being on a budget, my goal was to find lodging around 100€/night for the five of us. At the hotel Saray we had two rooms (1 double, 1 triple) for a total of 107€/night. This hotel is within walking distance of central Granada, and is fine unless you look for something charming, typical Andalus.
After this very long first day we went straight to bed.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 코리아카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼인터넷카지노추천⊥인터넷카지노주소
- 2 스카이토토＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼카지노사이트■카지노사이트추천
- 3 스위피 ▶ 홈피:≫ttw46.com≪
- 4 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 5 Cordoba Overnight?
- 6 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 7 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 8 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 9 Sintra
- 10 France Itinerary Advice
- 11 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 12 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 13 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 16 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 17 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 18 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 19 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 20 Itinerary help for 2 weeks vacation
- 21 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 22 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 23 Uffizi Phone Number
- 24 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 25 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?