Six of us (parents and 4 children aged 15, 13, 7 and 4) will be flying from JFK to Milan on March 31 2015 and returning on April 12th.
Need some advice from the Fodors gurus about the following questions:
1. How should we divide our time between the top destinations in Italy? (Because of our younger kids, we won't be interested in any nightlife, fashion, Operas etc)
2. What's the best way to travel within Italy? (rent a car, train, combination)
3. If train, then should we buy a pass or pay as we go?
4. Any good places to search for vacation rentals or apartments? We avoid hotels.
5. What's the best way to navigate inside the city? Cab? Bus?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 2 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 3 Paris: Best (or Worst) Apartment Rental Companies
- 4 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 5 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands
- 6 Norway Self-Drive - Winter 2017
- 7 French restaurants
- 8 Azores in February
- 9 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 10 Trains in Alps and UK
- 11 Scotland Trip
- 12 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Lisbon trip report
- 15 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 16 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 17 Ireland in April
- 18 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 19 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 20 Driving in Italy?
- 21 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 22 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 23 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 24 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 25 Planning a European Trip