Six of us (parents and 4 children aged 15, 13, 7 and 4) will be flying from JFK to Milan on March 31 2015 and returning on April 12th.
Need some advice from the Fodors gurus about the following questions:
1. How should we divide our time between the top destinations in Italy? (Because of our younger kids, we won't be interested in any nightlife, fashion, Operas etc)
2. What's the best way to travel within Italy? (rent a car, train, combination)
3. If train, then should we buy a pass or pay as we go?
4. Any good places to search for vacation rentals or apartments? We avoid hotels.
5. What's the best way to navigate inside the city? Cab? Bus?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 2 cheap food in london
- 3 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 4 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 5 Eating Indian In London
- 6 Sundays in Puglia
- 7 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 8 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores
- 9 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 10 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 11 K-Day
- 12 ATM at airport
- 13 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 14 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 15 Flat in London
- 16 Lay over time
- 17 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 18 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 19 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 22 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 23 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 24 Spain in December
- 25 Italy Honeymoon in September