Six of us (parents and 4 children aged 15, 13, 7 and 4) will be flying from JFK to Milan on March 31 2015 and returning on April 12th.
Need some advice from the Fodors gurus about the following questions:
1. How should we divide our time between the top destinations in Italy? (Because of our younger kids, we won't be interested in any nightlife, fashion, Operas etc)
2. What's the best way to travel within Italy? (rent a car, train, combination)
3. If train, then should we buy a pass or pay as we go?
4. Any good places to search for vacation rentals or apartments? We avoid hotels.
5. What's the best way to navigate inside the city? Cab? Bus?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 2 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 3 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 4 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 5 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 6 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 7 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 8 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 9 Gap of Dunloe
- 10 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 11 강남역풀살롱추천O1O 4444 9374↙강남역풀살롱예약 강남역풀싸롱
- 12 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 13 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 14 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 15 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 16 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 17 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 18 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 19 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 20 to get to the Rijks Museum from Schiphol - bus or train
- 21 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 22 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 23 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 24 travel around Spain
- 25 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin