Six of us (parents and 4 children aged 15, 13, 7 and 4) will be flying from JFK to Milan on March 31 2015 and returning on April 12th.
Need some advice from the Fodors gurus about the following questions:
1. How should we divide our time between the top destinations in Italy? (Because of our younger kids, we won't be interested in any nightlife, fashion, Operas etc)
2. What's the best way to travel within Italy? (rent a car, train, combination)
3. If train, then should we buy a pass or pay as we go?
4. Any good places to search for vacation rentals or apartments? We avoid hotels.
5. What's the best way to navigate inside the city? Cab? Bus?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 2 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 3 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 4 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 5 Germany train help!
- 6 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 7 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 8 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 9 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 10 Another tipping question: concierges
- 11 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 12 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 13 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 14 Interesting places to visit
- 15 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 16 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 19 Acropolis Athens
- 20 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 23 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 24 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 25 Trip Ideas