We are a NZ family , 2 adults (mid late 40's) with twins ( son and daughter , 16yr old) not an adventurous family love travels, landscapes, the cultural exchange, parks, walks,food, arts, museums , architecture , first timers in Europe, in Paris for 3 x nights from 10th Dec and set off for Genoa (IT) to do a 7 x night Mediterrenian cruise setting off on 14th Dec from Genoa . I have spent hours/days/weeks researching and compiled my findings and need some more assurance whether we are making the right move
We are very excited and need help/advise to plan our trip better with places to visit and stay etc etc. I shall do the the booking soon, and need to hear from you too, your thoughts/ideas suggestions.
Our itinerary (draft) looks like this and are we on right path, pls advise
Day1 - 10th Dec - lands in CDG airport at 6pm & will take RER B to come to our apartment at Appartements Basfroi 12 passage Basfroi, 75011 Paris
Questions: A) Is RER B is the right option for us,B) can we buy tickets from the station itself on the day after flights? C) will it take us near to our apartment, D) Apartment costs us approx $200per night -is this reasonable price wise and location near attractions?
NOTE: We have ONLY 2 x days in Paris, and need choosing the best attractions that may suit in closer proximity to save time and (Question E): what would you suggest in which order ( as a rough draft ) for DAY 1 and DAY 2 , I have found the following . Thank you so much for this in advance
11th Dec & 12 th Dec in Paris - attractions.
- The eiffel tower
- Le centre Pompidou = Musée Pompidou
- Les champs élisées -
- The district "Le marai"(3rd and 4th districts),
- Le Louvre museum.
- The garden and palace of "Les tuilleries" -
- Cathedral "Notre dame"
- The "Hotel des invalides"
- The "Hotel des invalides"
- The Pantheon
- Place Vendôme with all its luxury shops
- The district "Pigalle" with the Moulin Rouge (go there on the way up to Montmartre and the basilica Sacré coeur) -
- The basilica of "Le sacré coeur" at Montmartre district. Nestled on the top of the Montmartre hill, it is an iconic place of Paris
From Gare de Lyon, Paris, France train trip to Genoa , hope this is the correct train tickets for us ( change the train at Milano) http://www.raileurope.co.nz/spip.php?page=sales&re_domain=ptp&re_oper=results
we stay at http://www.hotelacquaverdegenova.it/home_eng.html at Via Balbi, 29
16126 Genova, which is near to port of MSC cruises
14th Dec morning to see some attractions -any particular attractions near by that you would recommend as we need to embark /and boarding start at 2pm we will not have much time left so , need some hand picked places to visit
14th Dec 21st Cruise
21st disembarkation and some local touring around (any places you consider we must go and see) and then hop back on ' night train' leaving Genoa for Paris. Must be fun any tips suggestions.
22nd morning in Paris chill out a bit and come to near airport CDG to stay over night Séjours & Affaires Roissy Village - found a motel and any interesting places you suggest there around CDG for us to fill us for following day 23rd Dec til afternoon / evening as our Return flight is on 23rd Dec.
Can''t wait to hear your tips /suggestions to make this happened!
Thank you again so much for your tips/advise.
Anita and family
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 3 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 4 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 5 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 6 Route des Vins
- 7 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 8 2 days in Florence
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 11 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 12 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 13 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 14 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 15 base for Andalucia
- 16 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 19 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 20 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 21 Windsor Castle
- 22 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 23 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 24 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 25 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
Family in Paris ( 3 x nights),Train trip to Genoa IT( Return)- Help Please