We are landing in Istanbul for a day layover, then flying to Munich and renting a car for 12 days. We have 3 teenagers. We plan to stay in Munich 5 days, drive and visit Austria and Switzerland and end up back in Munich the last 2 days. Advice on what to do in Munich and any off the beaten track places while driving though Germany to Austria and Switzerland. We've done research and have informal plans; however, would appreciate any advice on what has worked with families before. We have a day layover in Istanbul and our hotel is yards away from the Blue Mosque. I would love to see the Grand Bazaar, but that may be pushing it. We have a day layover in Istanbul going and we have hotel reservations in Munich going and coming...the middle part of the trip we do not have hotel reservations as of yet. My husband wants to not have the whole trip planned out and I can plan a trip to where it's no fun! We leave 7/2 and arrive home 7/16. Site suggestions, eating suggestion, etc. are welcome. I don't even know where to think about eating in Istanbul but it needs to be close by. Can we take a bus across the bridge....I'd sure like to cross while we're there, but I'm unsure how long it takes to get back and forth from the airport in Istanbul. Thanks....I appreciate everyone's time and advice.
Family 14 day trip to Istanbul, Munich, and Austria and Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A1 to A12 vs. A14: Which is the easier drive from Sulmona to Mondovi?
- 2 Accomodation detail in VISA application
- 3 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 4 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 5 Spain to France Itenerary Question: Plane or Train
- 6 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 7 Zermatt, Switzerland
- 8 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 9 Villa Borghese - Neighborhood restaurants?
- 10 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 11 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 12 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 13 netherlands-Prag-vienne-budapest-munich BY CAR in WINTER?roads?
- 14 Paris then Glasgow with 5 kids
- 15 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 16 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 17 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 18 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 19 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 20 Trip report: solo female traveler in Spain
- 21 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 22 Trip to Pyrenees
- 23 Traveling to Russia and then onto Germany or Austria...Good idea?
- 24 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 25 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice