We are landing in Istanbul for a day layover, then flying to Munich and renting a car for 12 days. We have 3 teenagers. We plan to stay in Munich 5 days, drive and visit Austria and Switzerland and end up back in Munich the last 2 days. Advice on what to do in Munich and any off the beaten track places while driving though Germany to Austria and Switzerland. We've done research and have informal plans; however, would appreciate any advice on what has worked with families before. We have a day layover in Istanbul and our hotel is yards away from the Blue Mosque. I would love to see the Grand Bazaar, but that may be pushing it. We have a day layover in Istanbul going and we have hotel reservations in Munich going and coming...the middle part of the trip we do not have hotel reservations as of yet. My husband wants to not have the whole trip planned out and I can plan a trip to where it's no fun! We leave 7/2 and arrive home 7/16. Site suggestions, eating suggestion, etc. are welcome. I don't even know where to think about eating in Istanbul but it needs to be close by. Can we take a bus across the bridge....I'd sure like to cross while we're there, but I'm unsure how long it takes to get back and forth from the airport in Istanbul. Thanks....I appreciate everyone's time and advice.
Family 14 day trip to Istanbul, Munich, and Austria and Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reykjavik hotels
- 2 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 3 I dream of Europe
- 4 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 5 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 6 First Time to UK since 2001
- 7 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 8 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 9 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 10 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 11 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 12 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 13 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 14 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 15 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 16 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 17 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 18 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 19 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 20 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 21 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 22 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 23 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 24 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 25 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014