We are landing in Istanbul for a day layover, then flying to Munich and renting a car for 12 days. We have 3 teenagers. We plan to stay in Munich 5 days, drive and visit Austria and Switzerland and end up back in Munich the last 2 days. Advice on what to do in Munich and any off the beaten track places while driving though Germany to Austria and Switzerland. We've done research and have informal plans; however, would appreciate any advice on what has worked with families before. We have a day layover in Istanbul and our hotel is yards away from the Blue Mosque. I would love to see the Grand Bazaar, but that may be pushing it. We have a day layover in Istanbul going and we have hotel reservations in Munich going and coming...the middle part of the trip we do not have hotel reservations as of yet. My husband wants to not have the whole trip planned out and I can plan a trip to where it's no fun! We leave 7/2 and arrive home 7/16. Site suggestions, eating suggestion, etc. are welcome. I don't even know where to think about eating in Istanbul but it needs to be close by. Can we take a bus across the bridge....I'd sure like to cross while we're there, but I'm unsure how long it takes to get back and forth from the airport in Istanbul. Thanks....I appreciate everyone's time and advice.
Family 14 day trip to Istanbul, Munich, and Austria and Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Netflix has expanded to 6 new countries today.
- 2 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 3 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 4 See You In Minsk
- 5 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 6 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 7 Florence Hotel Advice
- 8 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 9 Italy tours
- 10 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 11 Air France strike
- 12 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin
- 13 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 14 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 15 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 16 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 17 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 18 Best day trips from Paris
- 19 Scottish Passport
- 20 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 21 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 22 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 23 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 24 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?
- 25 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s