We are landing in Istanbul for a day layover, then flying to Munich and renting a car for 12 days. We have 3 teenagers. We plan to stay in Munich 5 days, drive and visit Austria and Switzerland and end up back in Munich the last 2 days. Advice on what to do in Munich and any off the beaten track places while driving though Germany to Austria and Switzerland. We've done research and have informal plans; however, would appreciate any advice on what has worked with families before. We have a day layover in Istanbul and our hotel is yards away from the Blue Mosque. I would love to see the Grand Bazaar, but that may be pushing it. We have a day layover in Istanbul going and we have hotel reservations in Munich going and coming...the middle part of the trip we do not have hotel reservations as of yet. My husband wants to not have the whole trip planned out and I can plan a trip to where it's no fun! We leave 7/2 and arrive home 7/16. Site suggestions, eating suggestion, etc. are welcome. I don't even know where to think about eating in Istanbul but it needs to be close by. Can we take a bus across the bridge....I'd sure like to cross while we're there, but I'm unsure how long it takes to get back and forth from the airport in Istanbul. Thanks....I appreciate everyone's time and advice.
Family 14 day trip to Istanbul, Munich, and Austria and Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 2 Best beach town in Italy?
- 3 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 4 Help with England/Wales tour
- 5 trip to norway
- 6 Cotswold Churches
- 7 A Greek sojourn
- 8 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 9 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 10 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 11 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 12 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 13 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 14 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 15 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 16 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 17 Is Venice really dirty?
- 18 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 19 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 20 Will a European two prong electrical adapter work with U.S. power strip ?
- 21 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 22 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 25 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train