We are landing in Istanbul for a day layover, then flying to Munich and renting a car for 12 days. We have 3 teenagers. We plan to stay in Munich 5 days, drive and visit Austria and Switzerland and end up back in Munich the last 2 days. Advice on what to do in Munich and any off the beaten track places while driving though Germany to Austria and Switzerland. We've done research and have informal plans; however, would appreciate any advice on what has worked with families before. We have a day layover in Istanbul and our hotel is yards away from the Blue Mosque. I would love to see the Grand Bazaar, but that may be pushing it. We have a day layover in Istanbul going and we have hotel reservations in Munich going and coming...the middle part of the trip we do not have hotel reservations as of yet. My husband wants to not have the whole trip planned out and I can plan a trip to where it's no fun! We leave 7/2 and arrive home 7/16. Site suggestions, eating suggestion, etc. are welcome. I don't even know where to think about eating in Istanbul but it needs to be close by. Can we take a bus across the bridge....I'd sure like to cross while we're there, but I'm unsure how long it takes to get back and forth from the airport in Istanbul. Thanks....I appreciate everyone's time and advice.
Family 14 day trip to Istanbul, Munich, and Austria and Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Como transportation questions
- 2 Scotland- Edinburgh
- 3 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 4 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 7 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 8 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 9 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 10 Budget family trip to Europe
- 11 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 12 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 13 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 14 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 15 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 16 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 17 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 18 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 19 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 20 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 21 By train to and out of Prague
- 22 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 23 Cylades Island Hopping
- 24 7 Nights in Paris
- 25 Normandy and Loire