Our DD (15!) thought my suggestion for a driving tour of Germany's Fairy Tale Road for the school Fall Break in October sounded fun, so the planning has begun. We're starting from Vienna via personal vehicle, and our first overnight is near the Steiff Museum past Augsburg, because who doesn't love teddy bears? From there we have another overnight in Mainz before actually beginning along the route.
We would like to base in or near both Kassel and Hameln for day trips, and are seeking a recommended half-timbered guesthouse stay; ideally, somewhere with a little space for everyone, as DDog will also be traveling with us. Lodging in each of the cities would be nice, but is not a requirement. Self-catering is fine, as well. Our budget is flexible. The objective is more to enjoy scenery, historic sights, and to eat and drink well; the "fairy tale" component is just our excuse to hit the road. All suggestions will be appreciated.
Leaving the Fairy Tale Route on our way home, the plan is to drive via Dresden toward Prague and then back to Vienna. Suggestions for a lovely overnight somewhere along the route to Prague would also be appreciated. In Prague I have already secured preferred lodging for our final overnight before returning to Vienna.
In advance, thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NORTON@ password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 3 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 4 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 5 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 6 Hiking in Switzerland
- 7 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 8 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 9 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 10 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 11 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 12 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 13 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 14 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 15 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 20 CASH OR CARD?
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 23 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 24 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 25 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again