Our DD (15!) thought my suggestion for a driving tour of Germany's Fairy Tale Road for the school Fall Break in October sounded fun, so the planning has begun. We're starting from Vienna via personal vehicle, and our first overnight is near the Steiff Museum past Augsburg, because who doesn't love teddy bears? From there we have another overnight in Mainz before actually beginning along the route.
We would like to base in or near both Kassel and Hameln for day trips, and are seeking a recommended half-timbered guesthouse stay; ideally, somewhere with a little space for everyone, as DDog will also be traveling with us. Lodging in each of the cities would be nice, but is not a requirement. Self-catering is fine, as well. Our budget is flexible. The objective is more to enjoy scenery, historic sights, and to eat and drink well; the "fairy tale" component is just our excuse to hit the road. All suggestions will be appreciated.
Leaving the Fairy Tale Route on our way home, the plan is to drive via Dresden toward Prague and then back to Vienna. Suggestions for a lovely overnight somewhere along the route to Prague would also be appreciated. In Prague I have already secured preferred lodging for our final overnight before returning to Vienna.
In advance, thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 헬로우카지노⋞」♣「( SO224。COM )」♣「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 2 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 3 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 4 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 5 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 6 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 7 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 8 Versailles
- 9 Petrol in Greece
- 10 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 11 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 12 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 13 Where to enjoy Paris
- 14 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 15 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 16 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 19 Meteora for older folk
- 20 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 21 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 22 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 23 Lofoten, Norway Trip Report
- 24 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 25 Please help allocate time in Lofoten and Bergen area