My boyfriend is travelling for a work "offsite" (aka excuse for a party) to Amsterdam in June (21-24). I am planning on joining him there. However, since he would be sharing a room with a colleague, I will need to make my own lodging arrangements. I would like the place to be as close to his hotel as possible, so that we/he can attend office functions easily and head to our hotel conveniently (and late at night).
His hotel is not finalised yet, but it will be one of these three:
Double Tree by Hilton Hotel
Oosterdokseiland 4 1011 DK Amsterdam
NH Barbizon Palace Prins
Hendrikkade 59-72 1012 AD Amsterdam
Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam
Damrak 1-5 1012 LG Amsterdam
I can see that these are pretty pricey and touristy locations which I would not otherwise prefer (I would prefer Vondelpaark or Jordaan). However, does anyone have suggestions for a hotel maybe <15 minutes walking from these places, and fairly affordable - maybe <100 euros a night for 2 people?
Any recommendations would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 2 advance tickets?
- 3 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 4 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 5 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 6 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 7 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 8 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 11 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 12 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 13 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 14 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 15 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 16 Cell Phone Question
- 17 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 18 Greek Islands (small)
- 19 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 20 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 21 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 22 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 23 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 24 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 25 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have