My boyfriend is travelling for a work "offsite" (aka excuse for a party) to Amsterdam in June (21-24). I am planning on joining him there. However, since he would be sharing a room with a colleague, I will need to make my own lodging arrangements. I would like the place to be as close to his hotel as possible, so that we/he can attend office functions easily and head to our hotel conveniently (and late at night).
His hotel is not finalised yet, but it will be one of these three:
Double Tree by Hilton Hotel
Oosterdokseiland 4 1011 DK Amsterdam
NH Barbizon Palace Prins
Hendrikkade 59-72 1012 AD Amsterdam
Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam
Damrak 1-5 1012 LG Amsterdam
I can see that these are pretty pricey and touristy locations which I would not otherwise prefer (I would prefer Vondelpaark or Jordaan). However, does anyone have suggestions for a hotel maybe <15 minutes walking from these places, and fairly affordable - maybe <100 euros a night for 2 people?
Any recommendations would be great!
Extremely location specific Amsterdam hotel rquirements!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: What can you say about Greece?
- 2 Firenze Card OR Amici Degli Uffizi Card??
- 3 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 4 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 5 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 6 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 7 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 8 Advise for travelling to Eastern Europe(including Balkans)
- 9 Trip Report & Tips for Greece (Nafplio, Santorini, Naxos, & Athens)
- 10 Balkan Tour Operators?
- 11 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 12 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 13 Visiting Amsterdam, Brussels and Bruges
- 14 tuscany wine tours and transfers
- 15 Madrid apartment input, please
- 16 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 17 December honeymoon in Europe
- 18 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 19 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 20 How long in Venice?
- 21 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 22 staying a month or so in each place
- 23 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 24 URGENT: Fontana Del Papa, Tolfa Cooking School Info Pls
- 25 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?