My boyfriend is travelling for a work "offsite" (aka excuse for a party) to Amsterdam in June (21-24). I am planning on joining him there. However, since he would be sharing a room with a colleague, I will need to make my own lodging arrangements. I would like the place to be as close to his hotel as possible, so that we/he can attend office functions easily and head to our hotel conveniently (and late at night).
His hotel is not finalised yet, but it will be one of these three:
Double Tree by Hilton Hotel
Oosterdokseiland 4 1011 DK Amsterdam
NH Barbizon Palace Prins
Hendrikkade 59-72 1012 AD Amsterdam
Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam
Damrak 1-5 1012 LG Amsterdam
I can see that these are pretty pricey and touristy locations which I would not otherwise prefer (I would prefer Vondelpaark or Jordaan). However, does anyone have suggestions for a hotel maybe <15 minutes walking from these places, and fairly affordable - maybe <100 euros a night for 2 people?
Any recommendations would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 2 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 3 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 4 Electrical Power Conversion
- 5 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Zurich to Milan trip
- 8 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 9 italy Cinque Terre
- 10 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 11 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 12 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 13 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 14 Bruges
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 16 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 17 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 18 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 19 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 20 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 21 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 22 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 23 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 24 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 25 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy