My boyfriend is travelling for a work "offsite" (aka excuse for a party) to Amsterdam in June (21-24). I am planning on joining him there. However, since he would be sharing a room with a colleague, I will need to make my own lodging arrangements. I would like the place to be as close to his hotel as possible, so that we/he can attend office functions easily and head to our hotel conveniently (and late at night).
His hotel is not finalised yet, but it will be one of these three:
Double Tree by Hilton Hotel
Oosterdokseiland 4 1011 DK Amsterdam
NH Barbizon Palace Prins
Hendrikkade 59-72 1012 AD Amsterdam
Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam
Damrak 1-5 1012 LG Amsterdam
I can see that these are pretty pricey and touristy locations which I would not otherwise prefer (I would prefer Vondelpaark or Jordaan). However, does anyone have suggestions for a hotel maybe <15 minutes walking from these places, and fairly affordable - maybe <100 euros a night for 2 people?
Any recommendations would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.trypromusclefit.com/exoslim-garcinia-cambogia/
- 2 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 3 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 4 3 days to spend in europe
- 5 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 6 Guides - Matera
- 7 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 8 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 9 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 10 Europe Sim card help
- 11 England and Wales by public transport
- 12 Buying flowers in London?
- 13 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 14 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 15 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 16 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 17 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 18 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 19 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 20 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 21 To do afternoon of arrival in London
- 22 MiFi in Italy
- 23 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 24 One quick week -- where in France?
- 25 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary