I'm excited to be back on the boards to plan our next biennial journey, this time to Belgium and the Netherlands. We were happy to learn that we can spend a few days in Iceland - probably on our return trip to the States. I'm thinking that three nights in Reykjavik might be perfect...with one full day to do the Golden Circle and another to enjoy the city itself.
One of the options we've heard mentioned is to make a stop at the Blue Lagoon on the way to or from the airport. We question what we'd do with our luggage while we were there. Is this doable for us?
And more generally speaking, since we'll be at the end of a couple of weeks of travel, can we make these few days a relaxing, enjoyable experience without too much stress, if we've planned ahead? Is my vision of taking a hotel shuttle or another type of bus from Keyflavik into Reykjavik, either renting a car for a day or taking a tour on the Golden Circle (though we aren't typically tour people), enjoying Reyjkavik for a day, then getting back to the airport via the Blue Lagoon - reasonable?
I'd also love suggestions for a place to stay. We are typically B and B or small private hotel people - reasonably priced yet comfortable - and have also enjoyed staying in an apartment, though I wonder if we'd be able to find an apartment for only a 3-night stay.
Sorry for the disorganized post, but I had mentioned potentially renting a car for a day to do the Golden Circle. With the short length of our visit, are we better off using a tour company - and if so, do you have a recommendation for one in particular?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 2 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 3 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 4 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 5 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 6 Driving Germany to Benelux
- 7 Fresh juice intoxication at Sunny Beach
- 8 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 9 Prague hotels
- 10 First time in France
- 11 Portugal itinerary help
- 12 Munich
- 13 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 14 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 15 20 days in Great Britain - Self Drive Itinerary Ideas
- 16 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 17 London - Apartment Rental companies
- 18 Puglia or La Langhe
- 19 What to expect over Christmas
- 20 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 21 English Countryside
- 22 Manchester Christmas Markets 2016
- 23 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 24 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 25 Italy/Greece with kids