I'm excited to be back on the boards to plan our next biennial journey, this time to Belgium and the Netherlands. We were happy to learn that we can spend a few days in Iceland - probably on our return trip to the States. I'm thinking that three nights in Reykjavik might be perfect...with one full day to do the Golden Circle and another to enjoy the city itself.
One of the options we've heard mentioned is to make a stop at the Blue Lagoon on the way to or from the airport. We question what we'd do with our luggage while we were there. Is this doable for us?
And more generally speaking, since we'll be at the end of a couple of weeks of travel, can we make these few days a relaxing, enjoyable experience without too much stress, if we've planned ahead? Is my vision of taking a hotel shuttle or another type of bus from Keyflavik into Reykjavik, either renting a car for a day or taking a tour on the Golden Circle (though we aren't typically tour people), enjoying Reyjkavik for a day, then getting back to the airport via the Blue Lagoon - reasonable?
I'd also love suggestions for a place to stay. We are typically B and B or small private hotel people - reasonably priced yet comfortable - and have also enjoyed staying in an apartment, though I wonder if we'd be able to find an apartment for only a 3-night stay.
Sorry for the disorganized post, but I had mentioned potentially renting a car for a day to do the Golden Circle. With the short length of our visit, are we better off using a tour company - and if so, do you have a recommendation for one in particular?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO ACCOUNT Tech support 1800 540 6830 YA*HOO M@!L
- 2 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 3 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 4 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 5 Car Rental
- 6 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 7 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 8 First visit to London
- 9 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 10 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 11 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 12 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 13 Balkans
- 14 My first trip to Crete
- 15 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 16 Ireland Trip
- 17 London is it worth it?
- 18 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 19 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 20 Final advice (I think) Restaurants!
- 21 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 22 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 23 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 24 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 25 First Trip to Italy- Help!