I'm excited to be back on the boards to plan our next biennial journey, this time to Belgium and the Netherlands. We were happy to learn that we can spend a few days in Iceland - probably on our return trip to the States. I'm thinking that three nights in Reykjavik might be perfect...with one full day to do the Golden Circle and another to enjoy the city itself.
One of the options we've heard mentioned is to make a stop at the Blue Lagoon on the way to or from the airport. We question what we'd do with our luggage while we were there. Is this doable for us?
And more generally speaking, since we'll be at the end of a couple of weeks of travel, can we make these few days a relaxing, enjoyable experience without too much stress, if we've planned ahead? Is my vision of taking a hotel shuttle or another type of bus from Keyflavik into Reykjavik, either renting a car for a day or taking a tour on the Golden Circle (though we aren't typically tour people), enjoying Reyjkavik for a day, then getting back to the airport via the Blue Lagoon - reasonable?
I'd also love suggestions for a place to stay. We are typically B and B or small private hotel people - reasonably priced yet comfortable - and have also enjoyed staying in an apartment, though I wonder if we'd be able to find an apartment for only a 3-night stay.
Sorry for the disorganized post, but I had mentioned potentially renting a car for a day to do the Golden Circle. With the short length of our visit, are we better off using a tour company - and if so, do you have a recommendation for one in particular?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 3 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 4 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 5 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 6 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 7 Biarritz family holiday
- 8 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 9 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 10 Bernina Express mid-March
- 11 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 12 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 13 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 14 Ireland hotel questions
- 15 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 16 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 17 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 18 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 19 Revised itinerary for italy
- 20 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 where to stay in London?
- 23 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 24 Flamenco in October
- 25 Malaga - places to stay and eat