I'm excited to be back on the boards to plan our next biennial journey, this time to Belgium and the Netherlands. We were happy to learn that we can spend a few days in Iceland - probably on our return trip to the States. I'm thinking that three nights in Reykjavik might be perfect...with one full day to do the Golden Circle and another to enjoy the city itself.
One of the options we've heard mentioned is to make a stop at the Blue Lagoon on the way to or from the airport. We question what we'd do with our luggage while we were there. Is this doable for us?
And more generally speaking, since we'll be at the end of a couple of weeks of travel, can we make these few days a relaxing, enjoyable experience without too much stress, if we've planned ahead? Is my vision of taking a hotel shuttle or another type of bus from Keyflavik into Reykjavik, either renting a car for a day or taking a tour on the Golden Circle (though we aren't typically tour people), enjoying Reyjkavik for a day, then getting back to the airport via the Blue Lagoon - reasonable?
I'd also love suggestions for a place to stay. We are typically B and B or small private hotel people - reasonably priced yet comfortable - and have also enjoyed staying in an apartment, though I wonder if we'd be able to find an apartment for only a 3-night stay.
Sorry for the disorganized post, but I had mentioned potentially renting a car for a day to do the Golden Circle. With the short length of our visit, are we better off using a tour company - and if so, do you have a recommendation for one in particular?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Championship
- 2 want to use Iphone in UK and Italy
- 3 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 4 Sardinia Italian's paradise
- 5 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 6 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 7 Three days in Istanbul in August
- 8 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 9 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 10 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 11 Italy by car
- 12 Are Munich and Vienna too similar for same trip?
- 13 Corsica- Propriano or Porto Vecchio
- 14 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 15 12 days in Austria
- 16 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 17 Train questions for Switzerland
- 18 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 19 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 20 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 21 One in Paris ... help
- 22 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 23 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 24 Travel Safety in Germany & Switzerland
- 25 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center