I'm excited to be back on the boards to plan our next biennial journey, this time to Belgium and the Netherlands. We were happy to learn that we can spend a few days in Iceland - probably on our return trip to the States. I'm thinking that three nights in Reykjavik might be perfect...with one full day to do the Golden Circle and another to enjoy the city itself.
One of the options we've heard mentioned is to make a stop at the Blue Lagoon on the way to or from the airport. We question what we'd do with our luggage while we were there. Is this doable for us?
And more generally speaking, since we'll be at the end of a couple of weeks of travel, can we make these few days a relaxing, enjoyable experience without too much stress, if we've planned ahead? Is my vision of taking a hotel shuttle or another type of bus from Keyflavik into Reykjavik, either renting a car for a day or taking a tour on the Golden Circle (though we aren't typically tour people), enjoying Reyjkavik for a day, then getting back to the airport via the Blue Lagoon - reasonable?
I'd also love suggestions for a place to stay. We are typically B and B or small private hotel people - reasonably priced yet comfortable - and have also enjoyed staying in an apartment, though I wonder if we'd be able to find an apartment for only a 3-night stay.
Sorry for the disorganized post, but I had mentioned potentially renting a car for a day to do the Golden Circle. With the short length of our visit, are we better off using a tour company - and if so, do you have a recommendation for one in particular?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Extended Iceland layover - we need answers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 2 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 3 Dublin Hostels
- 4 Avignon to London?
- 5 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 6 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 7 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 8 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 9 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 10 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 11 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 12 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 13 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 14 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 15 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 16 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 17 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 18 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 19 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 20 Traveling to Munich
- 21 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 22 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation
- 23 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 24 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 25 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs