I'm excited to be back on the boards to plan our next biennial journey, this time to Belgium and the Netherlands. We were happy to learn that we can spend a few days in Iceland - probably on our return trip to the States. I'm thinking that three nights in Reykjavik might be perfect...with one full day to do the Golden Circle and another to enjoy the city itself.
One of the options we've heard mentioned is to make a stop at the Blue Lagoon on the way to or from the airport. We question what we'd do with our luggage while we were there. Is this doable for us?
And more generally speaking, since we'll be at the end of a couple of weeks of travel, can we make these few days a relaxing, enjoyable experience without too much stress, if we've planned ahead? Is my vision of taking a hotel shuttle or another type of bus from Keyflavik into Reykjavik, either renting a car for a day or taking a tour on the Golden Circle (though we aren't typically tour people), enjoying Reyjkavik for a day, then getting back to the airport via the Blue Lagoon - reasonable?
I'd also love suggestions for a place to stay. We are typically B and B or small private hotel people - reasonably priced yet comfortable - and have also enjoyed staying in an apartment, though I wonder if we'd be able to find an apartment for only a 3-night stay.
Sorry for the disorganized post, but I had mentioned potentially renting a car for a day to do the Golden Circle. With the short length of our visit, are we better off using a tour company - and if so, do you have a recommendation for one in particular?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Extended Iceland layover - we need answers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel with Teens
- 2 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 3 Reims for a day
- 4 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 I think this is a scam!
- 7 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 8 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 9 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 10 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 11 Weather in Andalusia and Barcelona?
- 12 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 13 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 14 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 15 Rental car companies in Denizli & Antalya
- 16 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 17 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 18 What are the best places to see in England
- 19 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 20 Indus Tours in Turkey
- 21 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 22 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 23 Estonia Amber
- 24 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid