I'm excited to be back on the boards to plan our next biennial journey, this time to Belgium and the Netherlands. We were happy to learn that we can spend a few days in Iceland - probably on our return trip to the States. I'm thinking that three nights in Reykjavik might be perfect...with one full day to do the Golden Circle and another to enjoy the city itself.
One of the options we've heard mentioned is to make a stop at the Blue Lagoon on the way to or from the airport. We question what we'd do with our luggage while we were there. Is this doable for us?
And more generally speaking, since we'll be at the end of a couple of weeks of travel, can we make these few days a relaxing, enjoyable experience without too much stress, if we've planned ahead? Is my vision of taking a hotel shuttle or another type of bus from Keyflavik into Reykjavik, either renting a car for a day or taking a tour on the Golden Circle (though we aren't typically tour people), enjoying Reyjkavik for a day, then getting back to the airport via the Blue Lagoon - reasonable?
I'd also love suggestions for a place to stay. We are typically B and B or small private hotel people - reasonably priced yet comfortable - and have also enjoyed staying in an apartment, though I wonder if we'd be able to find an apartment for only a 3-night stay.
Sorry for the disorganized post, but I had mentioned potentially renting a car for a day to do the Golden Circle. With the short length of our visit, are we better off using a tour company - and if so, do you have a recommendation for one in particular?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Extended Iceland layover - we need answers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 2 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 3 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 4 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 5 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 6 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 7 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 8 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 9 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 10 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 11 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 12 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 13 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 14 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 15 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 16 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 17 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 18 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 19 Budget for 3 Month's
- 20 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 21 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 22 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 23 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 24 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 25 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?