I'm excited to be back on the boards to plan our next biennial journey, this time to Belgium and the Netherlands. We were happy to learn that we can spend a few days in Iceland - probably on our return trip to the States. I'm thinking that three nights in Reykjavik might be perfect...with one full day to do the Golden Circle and another to enjoy the city itself.
One of the options we've heard mentioned is to make a stop at the Blue Lagoon on the way to or from the airport. We question what we'd do with our luggage while we were there. Is this doable for us?
And more generally speaking, since we'll be at the end of a couple of weeks of travel, can we make these few days a relaxing, enjoyable experience without too much stress, if we've planned ahead? Is my vision of taking a hotel shuttle or another type of bus from Keyflavik into Reykjavik, either renting a car for a day or taking a tour on the Golden Circle (though we aren't typically tour people), enjoying Reyjkavik for a day, then getting back to the airport via the Blue Lagoon - reasonable?
I'd also love suggestions for a place to stay. We are typically B and B or small private hotel people - reasonably priced yet comfortable - and have also enjoyed staying in an apartment, though I wonder if we'd be able to find an apartment for only a 3-night stay.
Sorry for the disorganized post, but I had mentioned potentially renting a car for a day to do the Golden Circle. With the short length of our visit, are we better off using a tour company - and if so, do you have a recommendation for one in particular?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bordeaux TRIP
- 2 Greece in 15 Days
- 3 Adaptors for Belgium
- 4 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 5 Walking Scotland
- 6 Home base for a month in France?
- 7 Train Ticket Help
- 8 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 9 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 10 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 11 20 free days of Europe
- 12 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 13 tablet
- 14 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 15 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 16 Flamenco -Seville 8/18 to 8/24/16
- 17 Planning Advice!
- 18 Germany and Austria trip report
- 19 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 20 How many days in the cities of Bordeaux and la Rochelle?
- 21 When to go to Norway for a ski trip?
- 22 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 23 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 24 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 25 Just booked Athens & Santorini