I am 31 male planning a first ever trip (and that too solo) from London to the western side of the highlands for four nights end of this month. budget constraints apply. main focus is outdoors - walking, hiking and cycling. plan is to fly to inverness early morning (trains seem too expensive/time consuming), take a tour of the city then catch the bus to Fort Williams, settle in any decent b & b in the vicinity. (preferring fort williams area over inverness primarily due to better scenery/walks etc, correct me please if wrong)
day 2; climb ben nevis or steall falls or any other scenic route not exceeding 6 to 8 kms.
day 3; get to Mallaig by train (buy one way ticket on spot) or explore other option. Roam around, take ferry to Isle of Skye. stay some where close to Broadford
day 4; explore the area
day 5; catch the bus to inverness airport
Is the above doable without being too much on the road ? everything is open, suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 2 Croatia, Slovenia and Bosnia Herzegovina in September
- 3 Normandy Trip Report Day #1 of my Month Stay
- 4 What to do with leftover Euros
- 5 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 6 Our Paris plans
- 7 First Trip To Spain, 10 day Itinerary
- 8 Help with 1 day trip to black forest
- 9 Rome apt or 2-star hotel near Trastevere
- 10 Costa Brava - In 7 Days Suggestions
- 11 Railcard and oyster card in the UK
- 12 Italy Oct 2015 Where to go
- 13 Flixbus and the like?
- 14 Ideas for trip somewhere in Europe this October for 4?
- 15 southern italy? hmmmmm.
- 16 Munich hotel options
- 17 Seeking suggestions on Eastern Alps/Salzberg/Innsbruck trip
- 18 Travelling Solo in South of France and Paris
- 19 21 day from milan to prague
- 20 Swiss Transport Questions
- 21 Belgium in September
- 22 London theater recommendation(s)
- 23 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 24 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 25 Last Supper Tickets Milan