I am 31 male planning a first ever trip (and that too solo) from London to the western side of the highlands for four nights end of this month. budget constraints apply. main focus is outdoors - walking, hiking and cycling. plan is to fly to inverness early morning (trains seem too expensive/time consuming), take a tour of the city then catch the bus to Fort Williams, settle in any decent b & b in the vicinity. (preferring fort williams area over inverness primarily due to better scenery/walks etc, correct me please if wrong)
day 2; climb ben nevis or steall falls or any other scenic route not exceeding 6 to 8 kms.
day 3; get to Mallaig by train (buy one way ticket on spot) or explore other option. Roam around, take ferry to Isle of Skye. stay some where close to Broadford
day 4; explore the area
day 5; catch the bus to inverness airport
Is the above doable without being too much on the road ? everything is open, suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks
Exploring western scottish highlands
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 history museums or locations
- 2 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 3 Anyone trying to get out of the French Alps?
- 4 Budget family trip to Europe
- 5 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 6 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 7 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 8 caroline_venezia
- 9 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 10 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 11 Italy trip questions
- 12 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 13 Spain, Summer 2014 Itinerary Suggestions
- 14 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 15 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 16 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 17 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 18 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 19 Airport bus Bilbao to San Sebastian and back
- 20 Where to stay Venice, Cinque Terre, Florence, Siena, and Rome.
- 21 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 22 Suggestion for travel memories
- 23 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 24 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 25 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy