I am 31 male planning a first ever trip (and that too solo) from London to the western side of the highlands for four nights end of this month. budget constraints apply. main focus is outdoors - walking, hiking and cycling. plan is to fly to inverness early morning (trains seem too expensive/time consuming), take a tour of the city then catch the bus to Fort Williams, settle in any decent b & b in the vicinity. (preferring fort williams area over inverness primarily due to better scenery/walks etc, correct me please if wrong)
day 2; climb ben nevis or steall falls or any other scenic route not exceeding 6 to 8 kms.
day 3; get to Mallaig by train (buy one way ticket on spot) or explore other option. Roam around, take ferry to Isle of Skye. stay some where close to Broadford
day 4; explore the area
day 5; catch the bus to inverness airport
Is the above doable without being too much on the road ? everything is open, suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 3 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 4 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 5 Towersey, London
- 6 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 7 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 8 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 9 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 10 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 11 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 12 Westerplatte
- 13 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 14 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 15 Cutback on Spain trip
- 16 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 17 2017 Easter in Italy
- 18 Bernina Express mid-March
- 19 Croatia transportation question.
- 20 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 21 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 22 Biarritz family holiday
- 23 Ireland hotel questions
- 24 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 25 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece