I am 31 male planning a first ever trip (and that too solo) from London to the western side of the highlands for four nights end of this month. budget constraints apply. main focus is outdoors - walking, hiking and cycling. plan is to fly to inverness early morning (trains seem too expensive/time consuming), take a tour of the city then catch the bus to Fort Williams, settle in any decent b & b in the vicinity. (preferring fort williams area over inverness primarily due to better scenery/walks etc, correct me please if wrong)
day 2; climb ben nevis or steall falls or any other scenic route not exceeding 6 to 8 kms.
day 3; get to Mallaig by train (buy one way ticket on spot) or explore other option. Roam around, take ferry to Isle of Skye. stay some where close to Broadford
day 4; explore the area
day 5; catch the bus to inverness airport
Is the above doable without being too much on the road ? everything is open, suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 2 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 3 Our European adventures
- 4 Spain Trip Report
- 5 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 6 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 7 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 8 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 9 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 10 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 11 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 12 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 13 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 14 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 15 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 16 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 17 20 free days of Europe
- 18 CDG international flight
- 19 12 days europe
- 20 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 21 Budapest on a budget
- 22 Seville in late January
- 23 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 24 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 25 Help family trip Sardinia with 2years old