I am 31 male planning a first ever trip (and that too solo) from London to the western side of the highlands for four nights end of this month. budget constraints apply. main focus is outdoors - walking, hiking and cycling. plan is to fly to inverness early morning (trains seem too expensive/time consuming), take a tour of the city then catch the bus to Fort Williams, settle in any decent b & b in the vicinity. (preferring fort williams area over inverness primarily due to better scenery/walks etc, correct me please if wrong)
day 2; climb ben nevis or steall falls or any other scenic route not exceeding 6 to 8 kms.
day 3; get to Mallaig by train (buy one way ticket on spot) or explore other option. Roam around, take ferry to Isle of Skye. stay some where close to Broadford
day 4; explore the area
day 5; catch the bus to inverness airport
Is the above doable without being too much on the road ? everything is open, suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I need a car for four days at Sorrento/Amalfi Coast
- 2 When did an Italian postage stamp cost 0.52 euros
- 3 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 4 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 5 London Paris
- 6 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 7 Apart from the people is Helsinki a little dull?
- 8 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 9 Alsace Accommodations
- 10 Bavaria in August
- 11 Germany with my Girlfriend
- 12 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 13 Sintra day trip from Lisbon - Independent versus Tour?
- 14 How hard (for an American) to drive in Yorkshire?
- 15 A Week on the Canal du Midi
- 16 Planning a two day visit to Montreux
- 17 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 18 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 19 Going to Den Bosch to See the Bosch Exhibit?
- 20 Vienna - Site seeing help
- 21 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 22 Scandinavia????
- 23 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 24 Any partners to join?
- 25 Venice to Positano