I am 31 male planning a first ever trip (and that too solo) from London to the western side of the highlands for four nights end of this month. budget constraints apply. main focus is outdoors - walking, hiking and cycling. plan is to fly to inverness early morning (trains seem too expensive/time consuming), take a tour of the city then catch the bus to Fort Williams, settle in any decent b & b in the vicinity. (preferring fort williams area over inverness primarily due to better scenery/walks etc, correct me please if wrong)
day 2; climb ben nevis or steall falls or any other scenic route not exceeding 6 to 8 kms.
day 3; get to Mallaig by train (buy one way ticket on spot) or explore other option. Roam around, take ferry to Isle of Skye. stay some where close to Broadford
day 4; explore the area
day 5; catch the bus to inverness airport
Is the above doable without being too much on the road ? everything is open, suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Enjoying England for a year!
- 2 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 3 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 4 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 5 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 6 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 7 Stonehenge and Bath
- 8 Barcelona extension
- 9 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 10 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 11 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?
- 12 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 13 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 14 France to stop making foie grois
- 15 Please Rec best VPN Internet service/company for Italy
- 16 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 17 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 18 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 19 Kilt makers
- 20 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/muscle-xtx-reviews/
- 21 Puglia
- 22 Manchester on derby weekend
- 23 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 24 My First Trip to Europe...
- 25 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays