I am 31 male planning a first ever trip (and that too solo) from London to the western side of the highlands for four nights end of this month. budget constraints apply. main focus is outdoors - walking, hiking and cycling. plan is to fly to inverness early morning (trains seem too expensive/time consuming), take a tour of the city then catch the bus to Fort Williams, settle in any decent b & b in the vicinity. (preferring fort williams area over inverness primarily due to better scenery/walks etc, correct me please if wrong)
day 2; climb ben nevis or steall falls or any other scenic route not exceeding 6 to 8 kms.
day 3; get to Mallaig by train (buy one way ticket on spot) or explore other option. Roam around, take ferry to Isle of Skye. stay some where close to Broadford
day 4; explore the area
day 5; catch the bus to inverness airport
Is the above doable without being too much on the road ? everything is open, suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Walking GPS?
- 2 Portugal trains
- 3 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 4 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 5 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 6 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 7 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 8 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 9 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 10 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 11 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 12 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 13 Hi altitude limitations in Switzerland
- 14 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 15 Bus to Cadaques ?
- 16 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 17 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 18 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 19 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 20 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 21 New Dublin Museum
- 22 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 23 Sentimental Journey
- 24 Cost of Van from CDG
- 25 When to Arrive At The Airport