I am 31 male planning a first ever trip (and that too solo) from London to the western side of the highlands for four nights end of this month. budget constraints apply. main focus is outdoors - walking, hiking and cycling. plan is to fly to inverness early morning (trains seem too expensive/time consuming), take a tour of the city then catch the bus to Fort Williams, settle in any decent b & b in the vicinity. (preferring fort williams area over inverness primarily due to better scenery/walks etc, correct me please if wrong)
day 2; climb ben nevis or steall falls or any other scenic route not exceeding 6 to 8 kms.
day 3; get to Mallaig by train (buy one way ticket on spot) or explore other option. Roam around, take ferry to Isle of Skye. stay some where close to Broadford
day 4; explore the area
day 5; catch the bus to inverness airport
Is the above doable without being too much on the road ? everything is open, suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens Help
- 2 Crete Holiday
- 3 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 4 Travel in Europe
- 5 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 6 Whathello Paris
- 7 Rome to Venice
- 8 Bordeaux to Nice
- 9 One free day in Barcelona
- 10 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 11 November in Rome
- 12 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 13 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 14 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 15 Trains in Italy
- 16 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 17 Sicily help
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Christmas markets
- 20 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 21 PARIS
- 22 Germany or Sweden
- 23 Alitala
- 24 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 25 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?