I am 31 male planning a first ever trip (and that too solo) from London to the western side of the highlands for four nights end of this month. budget constraints apply. main focus is outdoors - walking, hiking and cycling. plan is to fly to inverness early morning (trains seem too expensive/time consuming), take a tour of the city then catch the bus to Fort Williams, settle in any decent b & b in the vicinity. (preferring fort williams area over inverness primarily due to better scenery/walks etc, correct me please if wrong)
day 2; climb ben nevis or steall falls or any other scenic route not exceeding 6 to 8 kms.
day 3; get to Mallaig by train (buy one way ticket on spot) or explore other option. Roam around, take ferry to Isle of Skye. stay some where close to Broadford
day 4; explore the area
day 5; catch the bus to inverness airport
Is the above doable without being too much on the road ? everything is open, suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 2 We're here!
- 3 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 4 Versailles
- 5 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 6 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 7 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 8 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 9 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 10 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 11 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 12 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 13 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 14 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 15 Germany train help!
- 16 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 17 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 18 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 19 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 20 Acorn TV
- 21 Train help for Prague
- 22 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 23 Sicily
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You