Some visitors to Paris and any Paris resident is familiar with the canal system in eastern Paris, starting along the Seine as the Bassin de l'Arsenal and continuing north to the Canal Saint-Martin, Bassin de la Villette and then forking at the intersection of the Canal Saint-Denis and the Canal de l'Ourcq. There are some lovely parts along the Canal de l'Ourcq with biking/walking trails along its banks which continue out into the countryside as the canal leaves Paris. A visit here here is popular with visitors and locals alike. Since people are familiar with the part of the canal within Paris then perhaps you'd be interested in visiting it's starting point some 70km to 80km northeast of Paris near the charming village of La Ferté-Milon, which makes a nice day trip in its own right. I took my bike out to pedal along a 20km stretch of the canal and finished up with a visit of La Ferté-Milon. The report has lots of photos of the sights along the way and some brief historical commentary. If interested you can have a look at my report: http://tinyurl.com/kb2mbnb
Exploring The Canal de l'Ourcq, A Day Trip in Autumn Foliage
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luxury romantic hotel to stay in Sardinia?
- 2 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 3 4 week itinerary for German - France - Italy ...too much?
- 4 Baden Wurttembeg for 2 weeks or 1 week?
- 5 What do you think of this itinerary?
- 6 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 7 New Chip and Pin Card from American Airlines
- 8 Napoli logistics
- 9 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 10 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 11 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 12 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour
- 13 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 14 buying souviners and art
- 15 Italy food budget
- 16 Tax refund in France
- 17 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 18 Positano in high season???
- 19 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 20 Is Greece cheaper to visit then Italy and France??
- 21 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 22 Archaeological Find In Paris
- 23 Spain in late November/early December
- 24 Train tickets France and Spain
- 25 Pestana Porto Hotel in Porto