Some visitors to Paris and any Paris resident is familiar with the canal system in eastern Paris, starting along the Seine as the Bassin de l'Arsenal and continuing north to the Canal Saint-Martin, Bassin de la Villette and then forking at the intersection of the Canal Saint-Denis and the Canal de l'Ourcq. There are some lovely parts along the Canal de l'Ourcq with biking/walking trails along its banks which continue out into the countryside as the canal leaves Paris. A visit here here is popular with visitors and locals alike. Since people are familiar with the part of the canal within Paris then perhaps you'd be interested in visiting it's starting point some 70km to 80km northeast of Paris near the charming village of La Ferté-Milon, which makes a nice day trip in its own right. I took my bike out to pedal along a 20km stretch of the canal and finished up with a visit of La Ferté-Milon. The report has lots of photos of the sights along the way and some brief historical commentary. If interested you can have a look at my report: http://tinyurl.com/kb2mbnb
Exploring The Canal de l'Ourcq, A Day Trip in Autumn Foliage
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 2 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 3 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 4 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 5 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 6 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 7 Scotland Votes "No"
- 8 Transports in Santorini
- 9 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 10 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 11 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 12 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 13 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 15 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 16 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 17 Best day trips from Paris
- 18 Santorini transportation
- 19 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 20 Gift for French business associate
- 21 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 22 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 23 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 24 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 25 Air France strike is extended until 26 September