Some visitors to Paris and any Paris resident is familiar with the canal system in eastern Paris, starting along the Seine as the Bassin de l'Arsenal and continuing north to the Canal Saint-Martin, Bassin de la Villette and then forking at the intersection of the Canal Saint-Denis and the Canal de l'Ourcq. There are some lovely parts along the Canal de l'Ourcq with biking/walking trails along its banks which continue out into the countryside as the canal leaves Paris. A visit here here is popular with visitors and locals alike. Since people are familiar with the part of the canal within Paris then perhaps you'd be interested in visiting it's starting point some 70km to 80km northeast of Paris near the charming village of La Ferté-Milon, which makes a nice day trip in its own right. I took my bike out to pedal along a 20km stretch of the canal and finished up with a visit of La Ferté-Milon. The report has lots of photos of the sights along the way and some brief historical commentary. If interested you can have a look at my report: http://tinyurl.com/kb2mbnb
Exploring The Canal de l'Ourcq, A Day Trip in Autumn Foliage
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 2 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 3 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 4 Euro Quiz # 82 - Wednesday 4-1-15
- 5 Our first trip to Europe
- 6 Mont St. Michele?
- 7 Vatican Museum tour guide
- 8 What Happened to My Hairdryer? - An Electrical Question
- 9 itinerary help needed - Mediterranean Turkey / Turquoise Coast
- 10 Southwestern England
- 11 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 12 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 13 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 14 London/Help
- 15 Is Jungfraujoch worth the trip for a CLAUSTROPHOBIC person?
- 16 recommendations for driver/transfer tour from Siena to Rome airport.
- 17 Can teaching patriotism protect France?
- 18 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 19 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 20 Central European train travel
- 21 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 22 Best driving map for Greece?
- 23 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 24 Lago d`Iseo
- 25 Train tickets within Italy