Some visitors to Paris and any Paris resident is familiar with the canal system in eastern Paris, starting along the Seine as the Bassin de l'Arsenal and continuing north to the Canal Saint-Martin, Bassin de la Villette and then forking at the intersection of the Canal Saint-Denis and the Canal de l'Ourcq. There are some lovely parts along the Canal de l'Ourcq with biking/walking trails along its banks which continue out into the countryside as the canal leaves Paris. A visit here here is popular with visitors and locals alike. Since people are familiar with the part of the canal within Paris then perhaps you'd be interested in visiting it's starting point some 70km to 80km northeast of Paris near the charming village of La Ferté-Milon, which makes a nice day trip in its own right. I took my bike out to pedal along a 20km stretch of the canal and finished up with a visit of La Ferté-Milon. The report has lots of photos of the sights along the way and some brief historical commentary. If interested you can have a look at my report: http://tinyurl.com/kb2mbnb
Exploring The Canal de l'Ourcq, A Day Trip in Autumn Foliage
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 2 Amalfi Coast in October
- 3 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 4 London for Free
- 5 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 6 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 7 RENFE- AVE link stopped
- 8 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 9 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 10 Terrorism in Europe
- 11 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 12 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 13 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 14 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 15 Northern Lights in Scotland??
- 16 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 17 Madrid: City Views
- 18 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 19 London restaurants
- 20 biking in France
- 21 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 22 Flying Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy to London
- 23 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 24 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 25 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?