Some visitors to Paris and any Paris resident is familiar with the canal system in eastern Paris, starting along the Seine as the Bassin de l'Arsenal and continuing north to the Canal Saint-Martin, Bassin de la Villette and then forking at the intersection of the Canal Saint-Denis and the Canal de l'Ourcq. There are some lovely parts along the Canal de l'Ourcq with biking/walking trails along its banks which continue out into the countryside as the canal leaves Paris. A visit here here is popular with visitors and locals alike. Since people are familiar with the part of the canal within Paris then perhaps you'd be interested in visiting it's starting point some 70km to 80km northeast of Paris near the charming village of La Ferté-Milon, which makes a nice day trip in its own right. I took my bike out to pedal along a 20km stretch of the canal and finished up with a visit of La Ferté-Milon. The report has lots of photos of the sights along the way and some brief historical commentary. If interested you can have a look at my report: http://tinyurl.com/kb2mbnb
Exploring The Canal de l'Ourcq, A Day Trip in Autumn Foliage
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 2 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 3 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 4 A drive in Europe
- 5 car rental info
- 6 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 7 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 8 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 9 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 10 bath or york
- 11 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 12 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 13 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 14 Ste Remy France
- 15 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 16 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 17 London tube
- 18 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 21 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 22 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 23 Local Tour in Provence?
- 24 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 25 5am arrival in Dublin