Some visitors to Paris and any Paris resident is familiar with the canal system in eastern Paris, starting along the Seine as the Bassin de l'Arsenal and continuing north to the Canal Saint-Martin, Bassin de la Villette and then forking at the intersection of the Canal Saint-Denis and the Canal de l'Ourcq. There are some lovely parts along the Canal de l'Ourcq with biking/walking trails along its banks which continue out into the countryside as the canal leaves Paris. A visit here here is popular with visitors and locals alike. Since people are familiar with the part of the canal within Paris then perhaps you'd be interested in visiting it's starting point some 70km to 80km northeast of Paris near the charming village of La Ferté-Milon, which makes a nice day trip in its own right. I took my bike out to pedal along a 20km stretch of the canal and finished up with a visit of La Ferté-Milon. The report has lots of photos of the sights along the way and some brief historical commentary. If interested you can have a look at my report: http://tinyurl.com/kb2mbnb
Exploring The Canal de l'Ourcq, A Day Trip in Autumn Foliage
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 2 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 3 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 4 Naxos in May
- 5 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 Trains in Europe
- 8 Scuol, Switzerland
- 9 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 10 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 11 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 12 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 13 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 14 Scenic train rides from Milan to Lucerne
- 15 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 16 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 17 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 18 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 19 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 20 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 21 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 22 Paris and where else?
- 23 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 24 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 25 Eleanor's Pages