I'm a volunteer with Great Baikal Trail and would like to invite you to take part in our 2015 volunteer projects! It's a unique opportunity to explore the deepest, largest, and oldest lake in the world (Lake Baikal); learn about Russian culture; enjoy life in a natural setting; and meet new friends - all while contributing to regional eco-tourism development and having a lot of fun!
A usual GBT trailbuilding project lasts two weeks, which volunteers spend living in tents, taking turns to make their food over campfire and working six days a week (5-6 hours a day depending on the weather). On rest days, volunteers can hike around the beautiful, local sites - some difficult to find unless on a GBT project! It's a great way to immerse yourself in local culture and easily explore the nature reserves of Siberia.
GBT projects are run at a variety of locations around Lake Baikal - you can take a look at 2014 project descriptions now, and we'll have 2015 projects up on our website by mid-November.
Until then, we'll be happy to answer your questions! Take a look at our website
( www.greatbaikaltrail.org/en ) or browse through project photos on our Facebook page
( www.facebook.com/greatbaikaltrail )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland itinerary help please
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 4 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 5 CDG much improved
- 6 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 7 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 8 St Denis Cathedral
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 12 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 15 Rouen Tour Companies
- 16 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 17 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 18 Ronda Wine/biking
- 19 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 20 Italy bus or train
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 24 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 25 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?