I'm a volunteer with Great Baikal Trail and would like to invite you to take part in our 2015 volunteer projects! It's a unique opportunity to explore the deepest, largest, and oldest lake in the world (Lake Baikal); learn about Russian culture; enjoy life in a natural setting; and meet new friends - all while contributing to regional eco-tourism development and having a lot of fun!
A usual GBT trailbuilding project lasts two weeks, which volunteers spend living in tents, taking turns to make their food over campfire and working six days a week (5-6 hours a day depending on the weather). On rest days, volunteers can hike around the beautiful, local sites - some difficult to find unless on a GBT project! It's a great way to immerse yourself in local culture and easily explore the nature reserves of Siberia.
GBT projects are run at a variety of locations around Lake Baikal - you can take a look at 2014 project descriptions now, and we'll have 2015 projects up on our website by mid-November.
Until then, we'll be happy to answer your questions! Take a look at our website
( www.greatbaikaltrail.org/en ) or browse through project photos on our Facebook page
( www.facebook.com/greatbaikaltrail )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SBCGLOBALPassword Reset CONTACT ☎1800:681:7208SBCGLOBALTec#SUPP
- 2 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 3 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 4 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 5 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 Berlin to ?
- 8 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 9 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 10 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 11 Studying art in English in venice
- 12 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 13 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 14 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 15 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 16 Trogir or Split
- 17 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 18 Scotland
- 19 Hotels in Turin
- 20 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 21 Istria in two days
- 22 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 23 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 24 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 25 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights