I'm a volunteer with Great Baikal Trail and would like to invite you to take part in our 2015 volunteer projects! It's a unique opportunity to explore the deepest, largest, and oldest lake in the world (Lake Baikal); learn about Russian culture; enjoy life in a natural setting; and meet new friends - all while contributing to regional eco-tourism development and having a lot of fun!
A usual GBT trailbuilding project lasts two weeks, which volunteers spend living in tents, taking turns to make their food over campfire and working six days a week (5-6 hours a day depending on the weather). On rest days, volunteers can hike around the beautiful, local sites - some difficult to find unless on a GBT project! It's a great way to immerse yourself in local culture and easily explore the nature reserves of Siberia.
GBT projects are run at a variety of locations around Lake Baikal - you can take a look at 2014 project descriptions now, and we'll have 2015 projects up on our website by mid-November.
Until then, we'll be happy to answer your questions! Take a look at our website
( www.greatbaikaltrail.org/en ) or browse through project photos on our Facebook page
( www.facebook.com/greatbaikaltrail )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 3 Planning A trip
- 4 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 5 A week in the Occitanie
- 6 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 7 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 8 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 9 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 10 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 11 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 12 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 13 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 14 Train Through Spain
- 15 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Italy June 6-16
- 18 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 19 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 20 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 21 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 22 hill of crosses
- 23 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 24 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 25 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son