I'm a volunteer with Great Baikal Trail and would like to invite you to take part in our 2015 volunteer projects! It's a unique opportunity to explore the deepest, largest, and oldest lake in the world (Lake Baikal); learn about Russian culture; enjoy life in a natural setting; and meet new friends - all while contributing to regional eco-tourism development and having a lot of fun!
A usual GBT trailbuilding project lasts two weeks, which volunteers spend living in tents, taking turns to make their food over campfire and working six days a week (5-6 hours a day depending on the weather). On rest days, volunteers can hike around the beautiful, local sites - some difficult to find unless on a GBT project! It's a great way to immerse yourself in local culture and easily explore the nature reserves of Siberia.
GBT projects are run at a variety of locations around Lake Baikal - you can take a look at 2014 project descriptions now, and we'll have 2015 projects up on our website by mid-November.
Until then, we'll be happy to answer your questions! Take a look at our website
( www.greatbaikaltrail.org/en ) or browse through project photos on our Facebook page
( www.facebook.com/greatbaikaltrail )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 2 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 3 One week in Europe
- 4 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 5 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 6 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 7 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 8 Munich itinerary review
- 9 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 10 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 11 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 12 Switzerland in September
- 13 Where to eat in Rome?
- 14 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 15 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 16 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 17 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 18 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 19 AMS Car Rental
- 20 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 21 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 22 London Theater
- 23 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 24 Europe itinerary questions
- 25 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?