We are a group of 4 adults travelling from India to experience for ourselves the fabled beauty of Scotland!
We plan to travel either at the end of November, around Thanksgiving, or at the end of December, during Christmas and New Year. We know while it is going to be cold and wet especially in the highlands (and we plan to drive ourselves), we really want to put up either a walk / a trek / or a land rover safari on our itinerary.
It will be really helpful if you could help us choose:
1) When would be a better time to come to Scotland to truly be able to appreciate the beauty of the highlands; end of Nov vs end of Dec ?
2) If there are certain packages you would recommend over the others for exploring the highlands.
You see, coming from a tropical country, (despite having trekked on the Himalayas) , we would like an expert to guide us on the weather. We neither want to miss the Highland Safari(s), nor do we want to miss witnessing the Scottish Culture & its Traditions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days in Spain
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 Driving through Paris
- 13 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 14 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Frankfurt to UK
- 21 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 22 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 25 Electrical Power Conversion