Our itinerary for the 5 of us will be Paris to Caen for a day trip, Paris to Nice; Nice to Florence (probably through Ventimiglia and Milan); finally Florence to Rome. We also may do 1-2 more day trips. I can get a six day France/Italy pass for $987CDN. I just tried to see what reservations would cost and it looks like about $70/leg; approx. $350-400 more. Now a couple don't "require" reservations but I don't know if I want to risk it as our schedule is somewhat fixed. We will be in France/Italy from May 20-June 5.
Do you think a rail pass is worth it? Can we just get tickets "as we go"? If I just book individual tickets do I still need a reservation?
Thanks for any info or advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Get-Assits: AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 AOL MAIL D*J
- 2 Get-Assits: AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 AOL MAIL D*J
- 3 Get-Assits: AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 AOL MAIL D*J
- 4 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 5 Iceland trip report!
- 6 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 7 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 8 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 9 Bernese Oberland
- 10 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 11 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 12 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 13 Couscous
- 14 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 15 15 days in Denmark / Sweden in May 17
- 16 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 17 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 18 Denmark or Sweden?
- 19 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 20 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 21 Moscow Favorites
- 22 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 23 TIM in FCO - update
- 24 Life's most embarrassing moments
- 25 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria