Our itinerary for the 5 of us will be Paris to Caen for a day trip, Paris to Nice; Nice to Florence (probably through Ventimiglia and Milan); finally Florence to Rome. We also may do 1-2 more day trips. I can get a six day France/Italy pass for $987CDN. I just tried to see what reservations would cost and it looks like about $70/leg; approx. $350-400 more. Now a couple don't "require" reservations but I don't know if I want to risk it as our schedule is somewhat fixed. We will be in France/Italy from May 20-June 5.
Do you think a rail pass is worth it? Can we just get tickets "as we go"? If I just book individual tickets do I still need a reservation?
Thanks for any info or advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 London Hotels
- 4 Europe itinerary questions
- 5 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 8 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Back from Paris
- 11 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 12 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 13 1 month in Europe
- 14 Paris hotels
- 15 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 16 10 days in Paris and......
- 17 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 18 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 19 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 20 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 21 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 22 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 23 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 24 LIsbon
- 25 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days