Our itinerary for the 5 of us will be Paris to Caen for a day trip, Paris to Nice; Nice to Florence (probably through Ventimiglia and Milan); finally Florence to Rome. We also may do 1-2 more day trips. I can get a six day France/Italy pass for $987CDN. I just tried to see what reservations would cost and it looks like about $70/leg; approx. $350-400 more. Now a couple don't "require" reservations but I don't know if I want to risk it as our schedule is somewhat fixed. We will be in France/Italy from May 20-June 5.
Do you think a rail pass is worth it? Can we just get tickets "as we go"? If I just book individual tickets do I still need a reservation?
Thanks for any info or advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whathello Paris
- 2 November in Rome
- 3 PARIS
- 4 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?
- 5 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 6 Germany or Sweden
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 9 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 10 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 11 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 12 Rome -- The next time around
- 13 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 14 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 15 London vacation rental agency
- 16 Alitala
- 17 Transport for local Venice travel
- 18 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 19 Campania in June, July, September
- 20 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 21 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 22 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 23 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 24 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 25 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa