Our itinerary for the 5 of us will be Paris to Caen for a day trip, Paris to Nice; Nice to Florence (probably through Ventimiglia and Milan); finally Florence to Rome. We also may do 1-2 more day trips. I can get a six day France/Italy pass for $987CDN. I just tried to see what reservations would cost and it looks like about $70/leg; approx. $350-400 more. Now a couple don't "require" reservations but I don't know if I want to risk it as our schedule is somewhat fixed. We will be in France/Italy from May 20-June 5.
Do you think a rail pass is worth it? Can we just get tickets "as we go"? If I just book individual tickets do I still need a reservation?
Thanks for any info or advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 2 Paris in August
- 3 Visiting Zurich
- 4 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 5 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 6 Christmas in Spain
- 7 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 8 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 9 Train travel to and from Paris
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 Zadar or Sibenik
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 13 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 16 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 17 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 18 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 19 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 20 Driving in Italy
- 21 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 22 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 23 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 24 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 25 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!