I am taking a month-long trip to Europe,firstly flying into London(I have a small lecture to do whilst there).
Afterwards, I would like to get to Rome (flying London to Rome?). After spending 3 nights in Rome, driving onto Florence and staying in outlying area avoiding the ZTL's. And spending 5 nights there, during which, taking day trips out to Pisa, Cinque Terre and Siena (poss). Then onto Milan and Lake Como resting there about 4-5 nights, taking day trips to the other Lakes and poss up north to the Dolomites. Then a change of pace of driving to Austria(I plan to purchase the sticker for the car) and staying Innsbruck a couple of nights(I have left that option open as to whether not I will do that, or just drive somewhere else during that time like Balzano, Verona,etc) and then driving back down, this time ending up in Venice (ditching the car at the Venice airport, before taking the bus or train to the city). From Venice, an overnight train voyage to Paris (where I intend to stay for the week and just live life like a local). Then I fly out of Paris.
This is all tentative and subject to change due to my whim.
I have been to London, Paris,Florence, and Innsbruck on a prior trip about a decade ago. I know this is alot of ground to cover. I have always try to re-do prior trips and add a new place or places to enjoy. I have also been on a train and just have gotten off when it suited me (that's when I discovered the wonderful laid-back life of Lugano, Switzerland) . I am also an obsessed planner of what to do and where to stay, so it doesn't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I love going to museums and have a great pair of walking shoes. I love driving and being in a car and the freedom that comes with that. I will purchase a toll pass for Italy so that I won't need to have worry about having to pay the tolls.I am already have an application ready for an International DL. I will be traveling solo.
So that being said, I was wondering if anyone else has a better flow or opinion about the itinerary. The only "must" is that I am flying into London and leaving from Paris. Everything esle is up for change.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 2 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 3 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 4 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 5 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 8 Belgium Itinerary
- 9 Driving through Paris
- 10 Can parking
- 11 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 14 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 15 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 16 Zurich to Milan trip
- 17 Electrical Power Conversion
- 18 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 19 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 20 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 21 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 22 italy Cinque Terre
- 23 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 24 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 25 Bruges