I am taking a month-long trip to Europe,firstly flying into London(I have a small lecture to do whilst there).
Afterwards, I would like to get to Rome (flying London to Rome?). After spending 3 nights in Rome, driving onto Florence and staying in outlying area avoiding the ZTL's. And spending 5 nights there, during which, taking day trips out to Pisa, Cinque Terre and Siena (poss). Then onto Milan and Lake Como resting there about 4-5 nights, taking day trips to the other Lakes and poss up north to the Dolomites. Then a change of pace of driving to Austria(I plan to purchase the sticker for the car) and staying Innsbruck a couple of nights(I have left that option open as to whether not I will do that, or just drive somewhere else during that time like Balzano, Verona,etc) and then driving back down, this time ending up in Venice (ditching the car at the Venice airport, before taking the bus or train to the city). From Venice, an overnight train voyage to Paris (where I intend to stay for the week and just live life like a local). Then I fly out of Paris.
This is all tentative and subject to change due to my whim.
I have been to London, Paris,Florence, and Innsbruck on a prior trip about a decade ago. I know this is alot of ground to cover. I have always try to re-do prior trips and add a new place or places to enjoy. I have also been on a train and just have gotten off when it suited me (that's when I discovered the wonderful laid-back life of Lugano, Switzerland) . I am also an obsessed planner of what to do and where to stay, so it doesn't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I love going to museums and have a great pair of walking shoes. I love driving and being in a car and the freedom that comes with that. I will purchase a toll pass for Italy so that I won't need to have worry about having to pay the tolls.I am already have an application ready for an International DL. I will be traveling solo.
So that being said, I was wondering if anyone else has a better flow or opinion about the itinerary. The only "must" is that I am flying into London and leaving from Paris. Everything esle is up for change.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 2 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 3 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 4 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 5 Imbros Gorge
- 6 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 Bus from Budva to Kotor
- 9 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 10 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 13 Itinerary Paris to Dordogne +/- Loire??
- 14 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 15 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 16 How the kids age calculated
- 17 Help required with Itinerary
- 18 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 19 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 20 Slovenia & Croatia Itinerary Feedback
- 21 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 24 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 25 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October