As our family really enjoys combining different areas of one country or different areas in a few countries when we travel in Europe, we thought it would be interesting to read what other combinations other traveler's have experienced in their travels.
There are many people who enjoy seeing one area in detail and that is great as well. However, we like to "mix it up" so we feel we have been on more than one vacation in a 3-4 week period.
For example, one vacation we took was to land in Madrid, rent a car and visit Lake Como, Munich (and the surrounding area), Trieste, Slovenia and Venice.
On another vacation, we spent the entire time in Italy, flying into Rome, immediately renting a car and visiting the Amalfi Coast, Lecce, Otranto and Rome.
Would love to hear your European combinations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 2 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 3 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 4 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 5 Renting a car in Greece
- 6 renting a car in greece
- 7 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 8 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 9 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 10 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 11 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 12 retruning to US with souveniers
- 13 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 14 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 15 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 16 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 17 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 18 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 19 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 20 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 Help on ancient history route
- 23 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 24 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 25 Can you locate this picture in Greece?