As our family really enjoys combining different areas of one country or different areas in a few countries when we travel in Europe, we thought it would be interesting to read what other combinations other traveler's have experienced in their travels.
There are many people who enjoy seeing one area in detail and that is great as well. However, we like to "mix it up" so we feel we have been on more than one vacation in a 3-4 week period.
For example, one vacation we took was to land in Madrid, rent a car and visit Lake Como, Munich (and the surrounding area), Trieste, Slovenia and Venice.
On another vacation, we spent the entire time in Italy, flying into Rome, immediately renting a car and visiting the Amalfi Coast, Lecce, Otranto and Rome.
Would love to hear your European combinations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London in Winter Report
- 2 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 3 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 4 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 5 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 6 London is it worth it?
- 7 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 8 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 9 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 10 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 11 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 12 Montserrat Express
- 13 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 14 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 15 International drivers permit
- 16 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 17 Places to stop/stay?
- 18 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 19 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 20 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 21 ATM help
- 22 Stockholm 5.5 days
- 23 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 24 Visit to Sardinia
- 25 Car Rentals in Ireland