We have had some excellent advice in the past...and in need of some help with planning our next trip.
My girlfiend and I have just purchased a Volkswagen Van, kitted out with a bed, ready to travel around Europe for 3 weeks this Summer. We will be attending a wedding in Orleans at the end of August before heading home - the rest is a blank canvas.
We want an itinerary that involves a bit of city sightseeing, mountain biking (we'll be taking our own) and the outdoors. We would also like some chill out time at the beach/lakes.
We have a rough plan but we need help piecing together the route - to ensure we make the most of the trip.
We are in our late 20's and have a budget of around £2,000. My girlfiend is also fluent in French!
We haven't booked the ferry, campsites or anything for that matter yet - so we need your help.
Here's the route we're thinking:
Cardiff - Dover (Ferry or Tunnel) - travel onto
Belgium - Brussels, then onto
Germany - Black Forest (biking), then onto
Switzerland (maybe Berne) - onto
Italy - Como and Garda - Verona - Pisa - onto
France - Cote d'Azur (Nice & Monaco) before going on to see family in Toulouse and then the wedding in Orleans before returning home.
We appreciate that this is a huge undertaking - 3,000 miles in 3 weeks, but am open to advice and suggestions.
Any help with planning our trip or with any suggested destinations to visit on-route would be invaluable to us!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 2 electrical activity is described
- 3 Spain Itinerary Help
- 4 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 5 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 6 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 7 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 8 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 9 Beaches in Southern France
- 10 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 11 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 12 Ali
- 13 Drinks in Spain
- 14 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 15 Gelato course in Rome?
- 16 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 17 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 18 Too much for one day?
- 19 Travel WiFi - France
- 20 Norfolk base
- 21 Lipari to Capri??
- 22 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 23 Iceland Trip report
- 24 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 25 12 days europe