We have had some excellent advice in the past...and in need of some help with planning our next trip.
My girlfiend and I have just purchased a Volkswagen Van, kitted out with a bed, ready to travel around Europe for 3 weeks this Summer. We will be attending a wedding in Orleans at the end of August before heading home - the rest is a blank canvas.
We want an itinerary that involves a bit of city sightseeing, mountain biking (we'll be taking our own) and the outdoors. We would also like some chill out time at the beach/lakes.
We have a rough plan but we need help piecing together the route - to ensure we make the most of the trip.
We are in our late 20's and have a budget of around £2,000. My girlfiend is also fluent in French!
We haven't booked the ferry, campsites or anything for that matter yet - so we need your help.
Here's the route we're thinking:
Cardiff - Dover (Ferry or Tunnel) - travel onto
Belgium - Brussels, then onto
Germany - Black Forest (biking), then onto
Switzerland (maybe Berne) - onto
Italy - Como and Garda - Verona - Pisa - onto
France - Cote d'Azur (Nice & Monaco) before going on to see family in Toulouse and then the wedding in Orleans before returning home.
We appreciate that this is a huge undertaking - 3,000 miles in 3 weeks, but am open to advice and suggestions.
Any help with planning our trip or with any suggested destinations to visit on-route would be invaluable to us!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris hotels
- 2 London Hotels
- 3 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Denmark or Sweden?
- 6 We're here!
- 7 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 8 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 9 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 12 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Europe itinerary questions
- 15 Amsterdam hotels
- 16 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 17 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 18 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 19 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 22 Brugge hotel help
- 23 Five night Ireland Trip
- 24 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 25 10 days in Paris and......