We have had some excellent advice in the past...and in need of some help with planning our next trip.
My girlfiend and I have just purchased a Volkswagen Van, kitted out with a bed, ready to travel around Europe for 3 weeks this Summer. We will be attending a wedding in Orleans at the end of August before heading home - the rest is a blank canvas.
We want an itinerary that involves a bit of city sightseeing, mountain biking (we'll be taking our own) and the outdoors. We would also like some chill out time at the beach/lakes.
We have a rough plan but we need help piecing together the route - to ensure we make the most of the trip.
We are in our late 20's and have a budget of around £2,000. My girlfiend is also fluent in French!
We haven't booked the ferry, campsites or anything for that matter yet - so we need your help.
Here's the route we're thinking:
Cardiff - Dover (Ferry or Tunnel) - travel onto
Belgium - Brussels, then onto
Germany - Black Forest (biking), then onto
Switzerland (maybe Berne) - onto
Italy - Como and Garda - Verona - Pisa - onto
France - Cote d'Azur (Nice & Monaco) before going on to see family in Toulouse and then the wedding in Orleans before returning home.
We appreciate that this is a huge undertaking - 3,000 miles in 3 weeks, but am open to advice and suggestions.
Any help with planning our trip or with any suggested destinations to visit on-route would be invaluable to us!!!
European Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 2 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 3 Train from Copenhagen to Stockholm; Best site to book and when?
- 4 Stockholm Metro Stations
- 5 Crazy Trying to Rent a Car
- 6 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 7 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?
- 8 British English
- 9 August highway traffic problems in Italy???
- 10 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 11 Spain for 7 days
- 12 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 13 Southern Italy, Pompeii and where to stay
- 14 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 15 London: Open-Air Winter Swimming...Take the Plunge!
- 16 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 17 Passport Delays
- 18 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 19 Brugge photo on Bing
- 20 A town in France for a month
- 21 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna
- 22 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 23 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 24 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace