We have had some excellent advice in the past...and in need of some help with planning our next trip.
My girlfiend and I have just purchased a Volkswagen Van, kitted out with a bed, ready to travel around Europe for 3 weeks this Summer. We will be attending a wedding in Orleans at the end of August before heading home - the rest is a blank canvas.
We want an itinerary that involves a bit of city sightseeing, mountain biking (we'll be taking our own) and the outdoors. We would also like some chill out time at the beach/lakes.
We have a rough plan but we need help piecing together the route - to ensure we make the most of the trip.
We are in our late 20's and have a budget of around £2,000. My girlfiend is also fluent in French!
We haven't booked the ferry, campsites or anything for that matter yet - so we need your help.
Here's the route we're thinking:
Cardiff - Dover (Ferry or Tunnel) - travel onto
Belgium - Brussels, then onto
Germany - Black Forest (biking), then onto
Switzerland (maybe Berne) - onto
Italy - Como and Garda - Verona - Pisa - onto
France - Cote d'Azur (Nice & Monaco) before going on to see family in Toulouse and then the wedding in Orleans before returning home.
We appreciate that this is a huge undertaking - 3,000 miles in 3 weeks, but am open to advice and suggestions.
Any help with planning our trip or with any suggested destinations to visit on-route would be invaluable to us!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 2 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 3 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 4 My first trip to Crete
- 5 Final advice (I think) Restaurants!
- 6 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 7 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 8 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 9 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 10 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 11 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 12 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 13 Airport Transportation
- 14 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 15 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 16 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 17 London is it worth it?
- 18 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 19 London and Normandy
- 20 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 21 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 22 Transfer from Naples Airport to Positano
- 23 free international phone calls
- 24 France Study Abroad
- 25 Lisbon