C'mon you knew this one was coming
1. 1. There is a popular square in this major Portuguese City ( Lisbon), in the square is a statue of a King.
The statue was once in the centre of the square but has been moved.
What is the name of the Square.?
What is the name of the Statue?
Why was the Statue moved.?
Where was the Statue moved.?
2. This Bridge in a city in Spain has 26 arches.
The first 15 arches date to the Roman times and the other to Hispanic times
What is the name of the City and the Bridge.
3. This Bridge in Ireland was once named Wellington Bridge and now is officially called Liffey Bridge.
Yet it is still better know by it's nickname.
What is the nickname of the bridge ?
Why is it called by that name.?
4. Europe's tallest fountain is in this well known Switzerland city.
The fountain shoots water up to 460 feet high at the rate of 125 mph.
Where is this fountain.?
What is the fountain's name.?
5. This government building is the Second Largest Government building in the world.
You have to pass strict security to tour this complex.
The poor people of this country were taxed to death to pay for this extravagance.
What is the name of the country? The name of the building?
and we might as well ask for what is the Largest Government building in the World.?
6. In Munich to enter the Old Town from the west you have to enter through this gate, which was named to honor an Elector in 1791.
What is the name of the Gate.?
7. The Nymphenburg Palace on the west edge of Munich has a large room called "Gallery of Beauties".
The ladies are all pretty but one young girl stands out among the rest.
She was the 17 year old daughter of a shoemaker.
Her painting was commissioned by King Ludwig I
( I can tell you that she is very beautiful)
What is her name ?
Why the interest in this 17 year old shoemaker's daughter.
8. In Varna Bulgaria, a very quaint lovely seaside town on the shores of the Black Sea there is a unique restaurant called ___________.
In the town of Vidin Bulgaria, along the Danube River , there is a large complex ( Castle) that has the same name as the restaurant in Varna.
Why is the restaurant unique?
What name am I looking for.?
9. I am thinking of a very famous covered bridge in a Switzerland city.
It is the oldest wooden Bridge in Europe ( early 14 century). If you came to this city you would absolutely walk this bridge.
It has painted panels in the roof covering the bridge. The bridge crosses the river at an angle. At the junction of the angle is a tower, once a prison and lighthouse.
What is the name of the city? Name of the Bridge.? Name of the Tower.?
10. The very lovely large Square in Salamanca Spain called Plaza Mayor has a statue of the two architects who designed the square in the early 18 century.
Why was the Square built.?
Go get 'em !!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 2 Italian lakes
- 3 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 4 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 5 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 6 Is the Amalfi Coast kid friendly enough
- 7 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 8 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 9 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 10 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 11 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 12 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 13 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 14 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 15 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 16 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 17 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 18 "Never Mind"
- 19 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 20 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 21 Italian car factory tours
- 22 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 23 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 24 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 25 Visa Free Entry To Spain
C'mon you knew this one was coming