I've been issus a european passport a year ago (I'm not living in Europe) . I've have entered with it to Austria no problem and on the way back in the airport the officer told me the scanner can't read the passport. I guess it bent a little bit since I put it in my internal belt to be more secure. Anyway, he let me out. When get back home I've put some books on it so it won't be bent anymore and went to the embassy who issued me the passport. They checked and said everything is ok with it. It seems they don't have a scanner for the chip and I think they scanned the barcode or only checking in the computer. So wil I have trouble trying to enter a european country next time? What might happen if the chip won't work?
How do they expect me to check it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 3 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 4 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 5 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 6 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 9 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 10 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 11 Juangfrau / mt
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Switzerland
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Questions about Polish sights
- 17 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Italy
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Revised itinerary for italy
- 24 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 25 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!