I've been issus a european passport a year ago (I'm not living in Europe) . I've have entered with it to Austria no problem and on the way back in the airport the officer told me the scanner can't read the passport. I guess it bent a little bit since I put it in my internal belt to be more secure. Anyway, he let me out. When get back home I've put some books on it so it won't be bent anymore and went to the embassy who issued me the passport. They checked and said everything is ok with it. It seems they don't have a scanner for the chip and I think they scanned the barcode or only checking in the computer. So wil I have trouble trying to enter a european country next time? What might happen if the chip won't work?
How do they expect me to check it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 2 Budapest language lessons
- 3 Italy travel plan help
- 4 Thinking about the Fjords
- 5 Tours in Wales
- 6 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 7 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 8 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 9 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 10 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 barcelona neighborhood
- 13 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 14 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 15 Alsace to Austria?
- 16 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 17 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 18 Shorts in South of France?
- 19 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 20 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 21 Late fall 2015 visit to Poland, Budapest and Amsterdam
- 22 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 23 Private Guide in Lyon
- 24 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 25 Budapest Card