I've been issus a european passport a year ago (I'm not living in Europe) . I've have entered with it to Austria no problem and on the way back in the airport the officer told me the scanner can't read the passport. I guess it bent a little bit since I put it in my internal belt to be more secure. Anyway, he let me out. When get back home I've put some books on it so it won't be bent anymore and went to the embassy who issued me the passport. They checked and said everything is ok with it. It seems they don't have a scanner for the chip and I think they scanned the barcode or only checking in the computer. So wil I have trouble trying to enter a european country next time? What might happen if the chip won't work?
How do they expect me to check it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT Tec*h care 24/7??
- 2 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 3 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 6 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Italy Car Scam
- 9 God Save the Queen?
- 10 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 11 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 14 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 15 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Paris to Italy
- 18 9 Days in Spain
- 19 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 20 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 23 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 24 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 25 Iceland