I've been issus a european passport a year ago (I'm not living in Europe) . I've have entered with it to Austria no problem and on the way back in the airport the officer told me the scanner can't read the passport. I guess it bent a little bit since I put it in my internal belt to be more secure. Anyway, he let me out. When get back home I've put some books on it so it won't be bent anymore and went to the embassy who issued me the passport. They checked and said everything is ok with it. It seems they don't have a scanner for the chip and I think they scanned the barcode or only checking in the computer. So wil I have trouble trying to enter a european country next time? What might happen if the chip won't work?
How do they expect me to check it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 advance tickets?
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 4 Greek Islands (small)
- 5 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 6 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 7 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 8 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 9 Public Transportation in England
- 10 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 11 K-Day
- 12 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 Help required with Itinerary
- 15 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 16 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 17 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 18 Spain in December
- 19 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 20 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 21 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 22 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 25 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)