I've been issus a european passport a year ago (I'm not living in Europe) . I've have entered with it to Austria no problem and on the way back in the airport the officer told me the scanner can't read the passport. I guess it bent a little bit since I put it in my internal belt to be more secure. Anyway, he let me out. When get back home I've put some books on it so it won't be bent anymore and went to the embassy who issued me the passport. They checked and said everything is ok with it. It seems they don't have a scanner for the chip and I think they scanned the barcode or only checking in the computer. So wil I have trouble trying to enter a european country next time? What might happen if the chip won't work?
How do they expect me to check it?
european passport with bad chip
- 1 Istanbul Hotels
- 2 Florence to nice- help
- 3 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 4 What is the best food in France?
- 5 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 6 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 7 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 8 Amsterdam to Chamonix road trip
- 9 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 10 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 11 Where to stay in London in July
- 12 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 13 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 14 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 15 Hiking in Germany/Innsbruck/Salzburg and where else?
- 16 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 17 This is a great book if you are visiting Venice
- 18 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 19 ferry to Harwich
- 20 Barcelona experts PLEASE pick which of these 2,apartments I should rent
- 21 Reporting from Paris May 12-25
- 22 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 23 Berlin Hotels
- 24 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 25 One way car rental Lisbon to Bordeaux