I've been issus a european passport a year ago (I'm not living in Europe) . I've have entered with it to Austria no problem and on the way back in the airport the officer told me the scanner can't read the passport. I guess it bent a little bit since I put it in my internal belt to be more secure. Anyway, he let me out. When get back home I've put some books on it so it won't be bent anymore and went to the embassy who issued me the passport. They checked and said everything is ok with it. It seems they don't have a scanner for the chip and I think they scanned the barcode or only checking in the computer. So wil I have trouble trying to enter a european country next time? What might happen if the chip won't work?
How do they expect me to check it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 3 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 4 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 7 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 8 Interesting places to visit
- 9 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 10 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 11 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 12 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 13 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 14 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 15 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 16 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 17 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 18 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 19 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 Train help for Prague
- 22 Germany train help!
- 23 Acropolis Athens
- 24 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges