I'm planning to fly from New York/Newark to Frankfurt via a connection in Copenhagen next month. After a weeks time there, I plan to fly out of Frankfurt back to New York/Newark via a connection in London. I hold a US Passport. I think I understand the rules of Schengen. Should I expect to have my passport stamped in Copenhagen as my Schengen entry point instead of Frankfurt? And should I get my passport stamped again in London being the UK is not part of Schengen? Or does a connecting flight in London not qualify for a stamp? I have the choice on the return journey to connect in London, Zurich, Milan or Stockholm. I decided to connect in London for the stamp being the others are all part of Schengen and I did not think I would get any additional stamps there. I'm a bit of a passport stamp junkie so I'm curious to know what to expect! Any help from all of you seasoned travelers would be much appreciated. Thanks!
European Passport Stamps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 2 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 3 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 4 history museums or locations
- 5 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 6 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 7 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 8 Greek Seas- Sailing on the Mediterranean
- 9 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 10 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 11 Good times in Munich, the city
- 12 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 13 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 14 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 15 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 16 Lake Como transportation questions
- 17 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 18 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 19 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 20 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 21 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 22 By train to and out of Prague
- 23 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 24 Cylades Island Hopping
- 25 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)