I'm planning to fly from New York/Newark to Frankfurt via a connection in Copenhagen next month. After a weeks time there, I plan to fly out of Frankfurt back to New York/Newark via a connection in London. I hold a US Passport. I think I understand the rules of Schengen. Should I expect to have my passport stamped in Copenhagen as my Schengen entry point instead of Frankfurt? And should I get my passport stamped again in London being the UK is not part of Schengen? Or does a connecting flight in London not qualify for a stamp? I have the choice on the return journey to connect in London, Zurich, Milan or Stockholm. I decided to connect in London for the stamp being the others are all part of Schengen and I did not think I would get any additional stamps there. I'm a bit of a passport stamp junkie so I'm curious to know what to expect! Any help from all of you seasoned travelers would be much appreciated. Thanks!
European Passport Stamps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 2 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 3 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 4 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 5 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 6 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 7 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 8 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 9 100 years of French gratitude
- 10 Madrid: City Views
- 11 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 12 Day Trips from Nice
- 13 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 14 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 15 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 16 London restaurants
- 17 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 18 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 19 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 20 Istanbul water
- 21 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 22 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 23 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 24 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 25 Norway 2014