I am planning a 4 week trip to europe with my two kids who are ages seven and nine. Please note that this is a once in a lifetime trip. We have been saving for years and it is likely that we will not get back to Europe. My plan is ambitious, but I feel like, it is see it all now or never. Fly to Paris for 3days, lease a Renault and drive to cinque terre Italy for three days, drive to venice for 2 days, ferry to croatia (not sure where yet) for 3 days, drive to Gmunden, Austria stay for 3 days, drive to cesky krumlov, Czech for three days, drive to rothenburge Germany, for three days, then back to Paris to fly home. The general plan is to stay in one quintessential spot for three days in each country and then drive to the next spot and stop for three days. Please note that I am not trying to see the whole country in three days, just one town in that country. The other thing worth noting is that we will be camping the whole time. We are avid campers. My husband and I spent three months in europe 15 years ago, obviously before kids. We camped on that trip too and loved it. I do realize that more time and money would be great, but it is not an option for us. My questions are: what town in croatia would you recommend? Would you consider the towns we chose the most unique/interesting? Any suggested changes, from people who have done a similar trip?
European itinerary with kids ages 7 and 9
- 1 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 2 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 3 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 4 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 5 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 6 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 7 Last monte Paris apartment
- 8 Wimpy's
- 9 Moonliner bus question - can you help please?
- 10 Vienna State Opera - possible for adult and child to switch seats?
- 11 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 12 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 13 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 14 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 15 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 16 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 17 jungfraujoch mid june
- 18 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 19 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 20 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 21 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 22 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 23 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 24 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 25 San Lorenzo Market