I am planning a 4 week trip to europe with my two kids who are ages seven and nine. Please note that this is a once in a lifetime trip. We have been saving for years and it is likely that we will not get back to Europe. My plan is ambitious, but I feel like, it is see it all now or never. Fly to Paris for 3days, lease a Renault and drive to cinque terre Italy for three days, drive to venice for 2 days, ferry to croatia (not sure where yet) for 3 days, drive to Gmunden, Austria stay for 3 days, drive to cesky krumlov, Czech for three days, drive to rothenburge Germany, for three days, then back to Paris to fly home. The general plan is to stay in one quintessential spot for three days in each country and then drive to the next spot and stop for three days. Please note that I am not trying to see the whole country in three days, just one town in that country. The other thing worth noting is that we will be camping the whole time. We are avid campers. My husband and I spent three months in europe 15 years ago, obviously before kids. We camped on that trip too and loved it. I do realize that more time and money would be great, but it is not an option for us. My questions are: what town in croatia would you recommend? Would you consider the towns we chose the most unique/interesting? Any suggested changes, from people who have done a similar trip?
European itinerary with kids ages 7 and 9
- 1 One week in Norway
- 2 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 3 Vueling - Be Very Careful
- 4 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 5 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 6 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 7 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip
- 8 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 9 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 10 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 11 Venice Apartment - Help!
- 12 Christmas Markets - Frankfurt or Copenhagen
- 13 Chech Republic, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro and Slovenia in 3 weeks
- 14 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 15 Driving Through Adriatic Italy
- 16 France Itinerary Help
- 17 pier in Copenhagen
- 18 Time Allotment - Baltic States/Finland & Sweeden
- 19 Paris Ticket t+
- 20 Transportation from Barcelona airport to Li Riberia
- 21 14 days Ireland/Scotland Trip Report
- 22 Best Base on the Rhine for Day Trips
- 23 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 24 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 25 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013