I am planning a 4 week trip to europe with my two kids who are ages seven and nine. Please note that this is a once in a lifetime trip. We have been saving for years and it is likely that we will not get back to Europe. My plan is ambitious, but I feel like, it is see it all now or never. Fly to Paris for 3days, lease a Renault and drive to cinque terre Italy for three days, drive to venice for 2 days, ferry to croatia (not sure where yet) for 3 days, drive to Gmunden, Austria stay for 3 days, drive to cesky krumlov, Czech for three days, drive to rothenburge Germany, for three days, then back to Paris to fly home. The general plan is to stay in one quintessential spot for three days in each country and then drive to the next spot and stop for three days. Please note that I am not trying to see the whole country in three days, just one town in that country. The other thing worth noting is that we will be camping the whole time. We are avid campers. My husband and I spent three months in europe 15 years ago, obviously before kids. We camped on that trip too and loved it. I do realize that more time and money would be great, but it is not an option for us. My questions are: what town in croatia would you recommend? Would you consider the towns we chose the most unique/interesting? Any suggested changes, from people who have done a similar trip?
European itinerary with kids ages 7 and 9
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 2 Car in Prague
- 3 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 4 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 5 Euro Train
- 6 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 7 Public transport from Ostuni
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 Prague - must see
- 10 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 11 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 12 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 13 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 14 Internet in Vienna, Budapest, Krakow and Prague
- 15 is train travel okay between prague to vienna
- 16 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 17 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 18 Hotels In Prague in Old Town, Less Quarter, Castle Area or New Town
- 19 One more last question on Bayeux
- 20 Prague: hotels Golden Well vs Pachtuv Palace? anyone there recently?
- 21 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 22 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 23 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 24 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia