I am planning a 4 week trip to europe with my two kids who are ages seven and nine. Please note that this is a once in a lifetime trip. We have been saving for years and it is likely that we will not get back to Europe. My plan is ambitious, but I feel like, it is see it all now or never. Fly to Paris for 3days, lease a Renault and drive to cinque terre Italy for three days, drive to venice for 2 days, ferry to croatia (not sure where yet) for 3 days, drive to Gmunden, Austria stay for 3 days, drive to cesky krumlov, Czech for three days, drive to rothenburge Germany, for three days, then back to Paris to fly home. The general plan is to stay in one quintessential spot for three days in each country and then drive to the next spot and stop for three days. Please note that I am not trying to see the whole country in three days, just one town in that country. The other thing worth noting is that we will be camping the whole time. We are avid campers. My husband and I spent three months in europe 15 years ago, obviously before kids. We camped on that trip too and loved it. I do realize that more time and money would be great, but it is not an option for us. My questions are: what town in croatia would you recommend? Would you consider the towns we chose the most unique/interesting? Any suggested changes, from people who have done a similar trip?
European itinerary with kids ages 7 and 9
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 2 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 3 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 4 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 7 He said , she said
- 8 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 9 Munich with a car?
- 10 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 11 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 12 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 13 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 14 Itinerary Help!
- 15 Toulouse and beyond -
- 16 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 18 tour guides in rome
- 19 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 22 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 23 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 24 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 25 Seaside island village in Greece