I'm planning a cruise to Europe within the next year. I'm curious about the best time of year to go. I live in New Orleans, and prefer not to travel during hurricane season, which is June though November. I could stretch a little and probably schedule something in June, or from October on, but I realize that's probably not the best weather-wise for a European cruise. Also, which cruise lines are the best value for the money for this type of trip? I'd like a 7 day cruise, with a day or two tagged on each end of the cruise at the departure and arrival cities to do some sightseeing on my own. Ports I'm interested in in are Barcelona, Venice, Greek Isles, Rome, Nice. Any suggestions or past experiences?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 2 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 3 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 4 Porto -City Break
- 5 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 6 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 7 Prague - Tram #22
- 8 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 9 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 10 7 days in Greece
- 11 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 12 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 13 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 14 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 15 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 16 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 17 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 18 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 19 nearby cities to london
- 20 London hotel
- 21 A drive in Europe
- 22 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 23 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 24 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 25 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace