I'm completely new to traveling abroad. I bringing a backpack and will be jumping around Europe for 4 months by myself and would appreciate any advice or help. Here is the tentative itinerary I made through the bit of research I've done via friends and travel books. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated and I won't take any offense to "This schedule is dumb you stupid naive American boy." Thanks in advance!!!
3/26- 4/8 SFO->London (2 weeks)
4/9-4/25 Fly London-> Berlin (2.5 weeks)
4/25-5/3 bus/train Berlin-> Amsterdam -> Ghent->Brussels (1.5 weeks)
5/4-5/11 euroline bus or rideshare Brussels->Paris, France (1 week)
5/12-5/31 fly or overnight train Paris->Spain--- Barcelona->Madrid->Lisbon (Salamanca/Toledo/Avila if there is time)--3 weeks
6/1-6/13 Fly/ train Lisbon->Rome, Italy, train ->Florence and Milan (2 weeks)
6/13-6/30 fly/ferry ->Greece (2 weeks)
6/30-7/14 Fly Greece->Milan, scenic train -> Vienna->Budapest->Prague (2 wk)
7/15-20 5 extra days for flexibility in travels-maybe back to Berlin.
7/21-7/24 back to London->SFO/Home
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 2 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 3 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 4 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 5 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 6 Italy Car Scam
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 11 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 12 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 13 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 14 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Can parking
- 21 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 22 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 23 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 24 Douro Valley in January?
- 25 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini