I'm completely new to traveling abroad. I bringing a backpack and will be jumping around Europe for 4 months by myself and would appreciate any advice or help. Here is the tentative itinerary I made through the bit of research I've done via friends and travel books. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated and I won't take any offense to "This schedule is dumb you stupid naive American boy." Thanks in advance!!!
3/26- 4/8 SFO->London (2 weeks)
4/9-4/25 Fly London-> Berlin (2.5 weeks)
4/25-5/3 bus/train Berlin-> Amsterdam -> Ghent->Brussels (1.5 weeks)
5/4-5/11 euroline bus or rideshare Brussels->Paris, France (1 week)
5/12-5/31 fly or overnight train Paris->Spain--- Barcelona->Madrid->Lisbon (Salamanca/Toledo/Avila if there is time)--3 weeks
6/1-6/13 Fly/ train Lisbon->Rome, Italy, train ->Florence and Milan (2 weeks)
6/13-6/30 fly/ferry ->Greece (2 weeks)
6/30-7/14 Fly Greece->Milan, scenic train -> Vienna->Budapest->Prague (2 wk)
7/15-20 5 extra days for flexibility in travels-maybe back to Berlin.
7/21-7/24 back to London->SFO/Home
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Theater in London
- 2 Umbria / Le Marche
- 3 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 4 Scotland Itinerary Advice
- 5 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 6 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 7 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 8 Food in Positano
- 9 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 10 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 11 Katyn massacres
- 12 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 13 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 14 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 15 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 16 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 17 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 18 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 19 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 20 Ireland hotel questions
- 21 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 22 Italy
- 23 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 24 3 weeks in Spain
- 25 Emergencies in Ireland