I'm hoping the France and Italy travel experts out there can help me with a few questions about my planned trip to Europe in July 2015.
I'm flying with a friend into Barcelona from Australia on July 4 and we will spend a few days there before heading over (probably by train) to San Sebastian. From there I hope to head to the Pyrenees to watch a stage of the Tour de France (July 14 at La Pierre St Martin) but I am having trouble with the details of this bit. Specifically, to watch this stage of the Tour leave from Tarbes and head to the mountain finish, I am wondering if anyone could recommend the best vantage point and where to stay to easily access the Tour passing through. As we will be coming by bus from San Seb I would also like to know logistics like getting food for the few days (so location of accommodation would ideally be close to a supermarket and the stage! But we would hire a bike and ride in this area too, so can access shops that way - as long as getting to the bike hire is close by enough to walk or get a local bus!) I realise this is quite specific so hopefully someone can help!
From the Pyrenees we would head to Paris, which I realise is a 6hr+ trip by train via Bordeaux. We would then spend about four days in Paris before heading (again by train) to Chamonix.
From there we want to head to the Cinque Terre, which appears to be another longish day travel, spend about four days there, and then go to Tuscany, again four about four or five days and then head to Rome also for about four days. We would leave Chamonix on July 26 and spend that day travelling, then have from 27-30 July in CT, travel on July 31, and spend from August 1-4 in Tuscany, travel to Rome on August 5 and then I fly to London on July 9.
I realise this is a fair bit of ground but I have tried to account for travel days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 2 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 5 3 weeks in Spain
- 6 4 days itinerary for France
- 7 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 8 Rent a car in England
- 9 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 10 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 11 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 12 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 15 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 16 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 17 2017 Easter in Italy
- 18 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 19 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 20 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 21 Edinburgh to Skye
- 22 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 23 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 24 Croatia transportation question.
- 25 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport