I'm a college senior hoping to do some travel in my breaks before going off to a cubicle.
the plan is too see Europe via backpacking, hostels, and Eurorail.
A sample itinerary is below. I'd greatly appreciate any insights.
14-17 Dec. - Spain - Barcelona
18-20 Dec. - France - Paris
21-22 Dec. - Monaco or Nice, France
23-25 Dec. - Italy - Rome
(that's 12 days)
26–28 Dec. . Italy Venice
29-30 Dec. Croatia Dubrovnik
31 Dec. – 4 Jan. Greece Athens
My concerns are
This is my first backpacking trip. Perhaps I should end the trip around 10 or 12 days (maybe in France or Rome).
Maybe some other time in my life I can do the rest of Italy, Greece etc.
(B) season - I have three chances to travel
Winter Break (12/13-1/7)
Spring Break (3/8 - 3/23)
and summer (5/20 - 6/15)
Winter has advantages (I have a longer break, Rome at Christmas). My main problem with winter is I might have waited too long for cheap rates and to plan as thoroughly as I should
(C) Cost (cheap as possible)
Thank you for any feedback!
Europe, Season, Pace
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How do you find French food?
- 2 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 3 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 4 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 5 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 6 airport hold baggage
- 7 7 Nights in Paris
- 8 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 9 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 10 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 11 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 12 Monet in Normandy
- 13 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 14 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 15 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 16 "New SAT Won’t Include Obscure Vocabulary Words"
- 17 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 18 Gargano Promontory
- 19 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 20 Santorini
- 21 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 22 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 23 Airport to Piraeus
- 24 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 25 Getting from London to Southhampton