I'm a college senior hoping to do some travel in my breaks before going off to a cubicle.
the plan is too see Europe via backpacking, hostels, and Eurorail.
A sample itinerary is below. I'd greatly appreciate any insights.
14-17 Dec. - Spain - Barcelona
18-20 Dec. - France - Paris
21-22 Dec. - Monaco or Nice, France
23-25 Dec. - Italy - Rome
(that's 12 days)
26–28 Dec. . Italy Venice
29-30 Dec. Croatia Dubrovnik
31 Dec. – 4 Jan. Greece Athens
My concerns are
This is my first backpacking trip. Perhaps I should end the trip around 10 or 12 days (maybe in France or Rome).
Maybe some other time in my life I can do the rest of Italy, Greece etc.
(B) season - I have three chances to travel
Winter Break (12/13-1/7)
Spring Break (3/8 - 3/23)
and summer (5/20 - 6/15)
Winter has advantages (I have a longer break, Rome at Christmas). My main problem with winter is I might have waited too long for cheap rates and to plan as thoroughly as I should
(C) Cost (cheap as possible)
Thank you for any feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 2 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 3 Athens tour guide advice
- 4 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 5 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 6 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 7 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 8 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 9 London 6 day itinerary
- 10 Threat Level in UK
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 13 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 14 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 15 Bernese Oberland
- 16 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 17 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 18 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 19 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 20 Trip to Switzerland
- 21 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 22 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 23 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 24 IWM
- 25 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)