I'm a college senior hoping to do some travel in my breaks before going off to a cubicle.
the plan is too see Europe via backpacking, hostels, and Eurorail.
A sample itinerary is below. I'd greatly appreciate any insights.
14-17 Dec. - Spain - Barcelona
18-20 Dec. - France - Paris
21-22 Dec. - Monaco or Nice, France
23-25 Dec. - Italy - Rome
(that's 12 days)
26–28 Dec. . Italy Venice
29-30 Dec. Croatia Dubrovnik
31 Dec. – 4 Jan. Greece Athens
My concerns are
This is my first backpacking trip. Perhaps I should end the trip around 10 or 12 days (maybe in France or Rome).
Maybe some other time in my life I can do the rest of Italy, Greece etc.
(B) season - I have three chances to travel
Winter Break (12/13-1/7)
Spring Break (3/8 - 3/23)
and summer (5/20 - 6/15)
Winter has advantages (I have a longer break, Rome at Christmas). My main problem with winter is I might have waited too long for cheap rates and to plan as thoroughly as I should
(C) Cost (cheap as possible)
Thank you for any feedback!
Europe, Season, Pace
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 2 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 3 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 4 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 7 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 8 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 9 nearby cities to london
- 10 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 11 London hotel
- 12 Prague - Tram #22
- 13 A drive in Europe
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 16 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 17 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 18 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 19 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 20 Where to stay in Rome
- 21 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 22 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 23 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 24 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 25 Italy Apartment What To Bring