I'm a college senior hoping to do some travel in my breaks before going off to a cubicle.
the plan is too see Europe via backpacking, hostels, and Eurorail.
A sample itinerary is below. I'd greatly appreciate any insights.
14-17 Dec. - Spain - Barcelona
18-20 Dec. - France - Paris
21-22 Dec. - Monaco or Nice, France
23-25 Dec. - Italy - Rome
(that's 12 days)
26–28 Dec. . Italy Venice
29-30 Dec. Croatia Dubrovnik
31 Dec. – 4 Jan. Greece Athens
My concerns are
This is my first backpacking trip. Perhaps I should end the trip around 10 or 12 days (maybe in France or Rome).
Maybe some other time in my life I can do the rest of Italy, Greece etc.
(B) season - I have three chances to travel
Winter Break (12/13-1/7)
Spring Break (3/8 - 3/23)
and summer (5/20 - 6/15)
Winter has advantages (I have a longer break, Rome at Christmas). My main problem with winter is I might have waited too long for cheap rates and to plan as thoroughly as I should
(C) Cost (cheap as possible)
Thank you for any feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 2 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 3 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 4 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 5 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 6 Sentimental Journey
- 7 A few last minute questions
- 8 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 9 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 10 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 11 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 12 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 13 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 14 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 15 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 16 Stay away from EF Tours
- 17 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 18 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 19 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 20 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 21 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 22 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 23 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 24 Antwerp Tram
- 25 Trip report European honeymoon