I'm a college senior hoping to do some travel in my breaks before going off to a cubicle.
the plan is too see Europe via backpacking, hostels, and Eurorail.
A sample itinerary is below. I'd greatly appreciate any insights.
14-17 Dec. - Spain - Barcelona
18-20 Dec. - France - Paris
21-22 Dec. - Monaco or Nice, France
23-25 Dec. - Italy - Rome
(that's 12 days)
26–28 Dec. . Italy Venice
29-30 Dec. Croatia Dubrovnik
31 Dec. – 4 Jan. Greece Athens
My concerns are
This is my first backpacking trip. Perhaps I should end the trip around 10 or 12 days (maybe in France or Rome).
Maybe some other time in my life I can do the rest of Italy, Greece etc.
(B) season - I have three chances to travel
Winter Break (12/13-1/7)
Spring Break (3/8 - 3/23)
and summer (5/20 - 6/15)
Winter has advantages (I have a longer break, Rome at Christmas). My main problem with winter is I might have waited too long for cheap rates and to plan as thoroughly as I should
(C) Cost (cheap as possible)
Thank you for any feedback!
Europe, Season, Pace
- 1 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 2 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 3 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 4 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 5 Spain - Andalucia
- 6 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 7 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 10 One more last question on Bayeux
- 11 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 12 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 13 Medieval Tallinn
- 14 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 15 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 16 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 17 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 20 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 21 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Italian language schools
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 When to visit Provence updated info
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins