I've prepared a rough itinerary to cover quite a few places in Europe across 15-16 days in first 2 weeks of September. Need a little help to finalize it.
Take a flight from New Delhi (India) and spend first 3 days in Prague, take a bus to Munich and do half a day worth of sightseeing. Rent a car from Munich next day and drive through Bavarian Alps and reach Switzerland over the next 2 days (1 night halt in the Alps somewhere).
Spend 4 days and 5 nights in Switzerland and cover various places like Zermatt, Interlaken, Thun, Jungfrau, Lake Lucerne etc.
Then take the car back to Munich through other side of Bavarian Alps with one night halt (Lindau, Nesselwang, Hohenschwangau, Steingaden etc.) and reach Munich to drop off the car.
Here onwards I have 3 days that are not yet finalized.
Initially I had thought of taking the overnight train to Amsterdam and spend the last 3 days there. Probably take a day trip to Leiden if we get bored. Now the only reason I'm skeptic of Amsterdam is because I feel it might be too modern for us to include in our itinerary.
Other options that have put me in dilemma are Rome or Venice in Italy. Now is Venice too overrated because of being featured in movies? Is Amsterdam going to be too dull in September. Is Rome too much of architecture only.
What we need a little bit of mixture of history, water (canals or beaches) and excellent weather to roam around leisurely.
Any other ideas guys?
Thanks & Regards,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 charter@Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:800:681:7208 CHARTER Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 3 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 4 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 5 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 6 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 9 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 10 Madrird and Seville
- 11 Greece
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 15 Lake Como AREA questions
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 20 Help on ancient history route
- 21 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 24 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 25 Iceland