I've prepared a rough itinerary to cover quite a few places in Europe across 15-16 days in first 2 weeks of September. Need a little help to finalize it.
Take a flight from New Delhi (India) and spend first 3 days in Prague, take a bus to Munich and do half a day worth of sightseeing. Rent a car from Munich next day and drive through Bavarian Alps and reach Switzerland over the next 2 days (1 night halt in the Alps somewhere).
Spend 4 days and 5 nights in Switzerland and cover various places like Zermatt, Interlaken, Thun, Jungfrau, Lake Lucerne etc.
Then take the car back to Munich through other side of Bavarian Alps with one night halt (Lindau, Nesselwang, Hohenschwangau, Steingaden etc.) and reach Munich to drop off the car.
Here onwards I have 3 days that are not yet finalized.
Initially I had thought of taking the overnight train to Amsterdam and spend the last 3 days there. Probably take a day trip to Leiden if we get bored. Now the only reason I'm skeptic of Amsterdam is because I feel it might be too modern for us to include in our itinerary.
Other options that have put me in dilemma are Rome or Venice in Italy. Now is Venice too overrated because of being featured in movies? Is Amsterdam going to be too dull in September. Is Rome too much of architecture only.
What we need a little bit of mixture of history, water (canals or beaches) and excellent weather to roam around leisurely.
Any other ideas guys?
Thanks & Regards,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 2 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 3 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 4 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 5 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 6 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 7 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 8 Paris to Italy
- 9 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 12 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 15 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Barcelona alternative
- 18 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 19 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Driving through Paris
- 22 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 23 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 24 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 25 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question