I've prepared a rough itinerary to cover quite a few places in Europe across 15-16 days in first 2 weeks of September. Need a little help to finalize it.
Take a flight from New Delhi (India) and spend first 3 days in Prague, take a bus to Munich and do half a day worth of sightseeing. Rent a car from Munich next day and drive through Bavarian Alps and reach Switzerland over the next 2 days (1 night halt in the Alps somewhere).
Spend 4 days and 5 nights in Switzerland and cover various places like Zermatt, Interlaken, Thun, Jungfrau, Lake Lucerne etc.
Then take the car back to Munich through other side of Bavarian Alps with one night halt (Lindau, Nesselwang, Hohenschwangau, Steingaden etc.) and reach Munich to drop off the car.
Here onwards I have 3 days that are not yet finalized.
Initially I had thought of taking the overnight train to Amsterdam and spend the last 3 days there. Probably take a day trip to Leiden if we get bored. Now the only reason I'm skeptic of Amsterdam is because I feel it might be too modern for us to include in our itinerary.
Other options that have put me in dilemma are Rome or Venice in Italy. Now is Venice too overrated because of being featured in movies? Is Amsterdam going to be too dull in September. Is Rome too much of architecture only.
What we need a little bit of mixture of history, water (canals or beaches) and excellent weather to roam around leisurely.
Any other ideas guys?
Thanks & Regards,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 2 2 days in Florence
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 6 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 7 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 8 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 9 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 10 base for Andalucia
- 11 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 12 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 13 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 14 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 15 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 16 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 17 Windsor Castle
- 18 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 19 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 20 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 21 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 24 4 nights in Sardinia
- 25 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?