I've prepared a rough itinerary to cover quite a few places in Europe across 15-16 days in first 2 weeks of September. Need a little help to finalize it.
Take a flight from New Delhi (India) and spend first 3 days in Prague, take a bus to Munich and do half a day worth of sightseeing. Rent a car from Munich next day and drive through Bavarian Alps and reach Switzerland over the next 2 days (1 night halt in the Alps somewhere).
Spend 4 days and 5 nights in Switzerland and cover various places like Zermatt, Interlaken, Thun, Jungfrau, Lake Lucerne etc.
Then take the car back to Munich through other side of Bavarian Alps with one night halt (Lindau, Nesselwang, Hohenschwangau, Steingaden etc.) and reach Munich to drop off the car.
Here onwards I have 3 days that are not yet finalized.
Initially I had thought of taking the overnight train to Amsterdam and spend the last 3 days there. Probably take a day trip to Leiden if we get bored. Now the only reason I'm skeptic of Amsterdam is because I feel it might be too modern for us to include in our itinerary.
Other options that have put me in dilemma are Rome or Venice in Italy. Now is Venice too overrated because of being featured in movies? Is Amsterdam going to be too dull in September. Is Rome too much of architecture only.
What we need a little bit of mixture of history, water (canals or beaches) and excellent weather to roam around leisurely.
Any other ideas guys?
Thanks & Regards,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 2 ATM
- 3 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 4 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 5 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 6 ATM help
- 7 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 8 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 10 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 11 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 12 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 13 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 14 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 15 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 16 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 17 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 18 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 19 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 20 International drivers permit
- 21 Spain Itinerary
- 22 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 23 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 24 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 25 Best Barcelona neighborhood