As a teacher in Australia, my long break is in Dec / Jan.... so I have the opportunity to travel for 4-5 weeks at this time of the year. We just love Europe and so want to see more, but haven't travelled in winter time before. We have been to Switzerland, London, Berlin, Prague, Paris , Italy - but not experienced them in Winter.
We are after some ideas / advice regarding:
Pros / cons to travelling in the Europe in winter
Things to be wary of
We are into photography, history, walking - not so much skiing - so any recommendations on where to go.
A similar post appears in the USA thread as we are trying to decide between the 2!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 2 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 3 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 4 2 Months in Sicily
- 5 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 6 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 9 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 10 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 11 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 12 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 13 Azores
- 14 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 15 Sundays in Puglia
- 16 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 17 Prague
- 18 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 19 What tips can you give about packing?
- 20 Sim Card Options
- 21 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 22 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 23 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 24 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 25 Como Bus to Bellagio