As a teacher in Australia, my long break is in Dec / Jan.... so I have the opportunity to travel for 4-5 weeks at this time of the year. We just love Europe and so want to see more, but haven't travelled in winter time before. We have been to Switzerland, London, Berlin, Prague, Paris , Italy - but not experienced them in Winter.
We are after some ideas / advice regarding:
Pros / cons to travelling in the Europe in winter
Things to be wary of
We are into photography, history, walking - not so much skiing - so any recommendations on where to go.
A similar post appears in the USA thread as we are trying to decide between the 2!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인 릴 게임 사이트 ▣ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 2 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 3 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 8 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 9 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 15 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 16 3 day trip to iceland
- 17 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 18 Alitala
- 19 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 20 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 21 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 24 celticmoon, a quick question
- 25 Car service from Vienna Airport