As a teacher in Australia, my long break is in Dec / Jan.... so I have the opportunity to travel for 4-5 weeks at this time of the year. We just love Europe and so want to see more, but haven't travelled in winter time before. We have been to Switzerland, London, Berlin, Prague, Paris , Italy - but not experienced them in Winter.
We are after some ideas / advice regarding:
Pros / cons to travelling in the Europe in winter
Things to be wary of
We are into photography, history, walking - not so much skiing - so any recommendations on where to go.
A similar post appears in the USA thread as we are trying to decide between the 2!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 2 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 3 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 4 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 5 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 6 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 7 Andalucia Spain
- 8 Going to Paris for one day
- 9 Valencia Spain
- 10 Rome Water Shortage
- 11 Europe for Beginners
- 12 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 13 Getting around London
- 14 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 15 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 16 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 17 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 18 WWI sites
- 19 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Lake Como,Italy
- 22 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 23 Paris to Bordeaux
- 24 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 25 13 nights in switzerland