As a teacher in Australia, my long break is in Dec / Jan.... so I have the opportunity to travel for 4-5 weeks at this time of the year. We just love Europe and so want to see more, but haven't travelled in winter time before. We have been to Switzerland, London, Berlin, Prague, Paris , Italy - but not experienced them in Winter.
We are after some ideas / advice regarding:
Pros / cons to travelling in the Europe in winter
Things to be wary of
We are into photography, history, walking - not so much skiing - so any recommendations on where to go.
A similar post appears in the USA thread as we are trying to decide between the 2!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help
- 2 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 3 House Hunting in France
- 4 http://yoursbetterhealthsolutions.com/tengenix-reviews/
- 5 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 6 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 7 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 8 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 9 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 10 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 11 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 12 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 13 If you had to choose one......
- 14 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 15 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 16 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Portugal with large family
- 21 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 22 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 23 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 24 Croatia
- 25 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May