Due to an unforeseen change in jobs and living situation, I now have some time to burn and plan to travel Europe for the month of Novemeber. A bit non-ideal in terms of weather, but I've been saving credit card points for a while and PROMISED myself that the next time-abundant portion of my life (while young) I'm just going to bite the bullet and go. So I'm going. Apologies for any redundancies or newbness but I have some questions and need some help. I'm obviously cognoscente of the weather and understand some northern spots and even others will be cooler, which I'm fine with and will pack accordingly.
So here are my givens: 1 Month, $3K-$4K budget (sans flight), have about $1200 worth of flyer miles money on my chase sapphire preferred. Traveling alone. Very flexible and nimble, and right in the middle between shoe string and "balling out", obviously will lean on being frugal. IE not a ton of drinking, mostly museums and hostiles, occasional dinner or snack kind of thing. Will buy a one month eurorail pass.
Given that, here are my questions:
- Can credit card points be redeemed for INTL flights?
- There's a super dirt cheap ($200) WOW flight from SF to Amsterdam, where I plan to start.... anybody go with WOW before? From reviews it looks like as long as you do your homework, stay diligent, it's totally feasible.
- Keep in mind here I'll be flying to Ireland to END the trip for 3-4 days to meet with family... so with that in mind 80-85% of the balance will be continental Europe and then a small stint planned at the tail end in Ireland, so that may affect how I get there either VIA plane from Spain or France.
- Some thoughts on itinerary: Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Barcelona, Sevilla, Lisbon. Paris either in between or at the end. Any cities based on context and weather you would omit or add here? Any to emphasize for length of stay vs others?
- I'd definitely like to hit France (Paris or South of France) so would it make sense to cut across and hit there before heading to Spain, or revert back up after spain?
- Any thoughts on AirBnB vs hostile? Maybe focus on hostiles mostly and AirBnb in a few choice cities where it would be worth it?
- Any general thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated and thanks so much in advance!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro
- 2 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 3 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 4 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 7 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 8 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 9 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 10 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 11 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 12 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 13 getting to CDG
- 14 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 15 Cambrils
- 16 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 17 Amalfi Coast help
- 18 CDG airport and connection time
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 21 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 22 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 23 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 24 Trains in Alps and UK
- 25 Switzerland