Due to an unforeseen change in jobs and living situation, I now have some time to burn and plan to travel Europe for the month of Novemeber. A bit non-ideal in terms of weather, but I've been saving credit card points for a while and PROMISED myself that the next time-abundant portion of my life (while young) I'm just going to bite the bullet and go. So I'm going. Apologies for any redundancies or newbness but I have some questions and need some help. I'm obviously cognoscente of the weather and understand some northern spots and even others will be cooler, which I'm fine with and will pack accordingly.
So here are my givens: 1 Month, $3K-$4K budget (sans flight), have about $1200 worth of flyer miles money on my chase sapphire preferred. Traveling alone. Very flexible and nimble, and right in the middle between shoe string and "balling out", obviously will lean on being frugal. IE not a ton of drinking, mostly museums and hostiles, occasional dinner or snack kind of thing. Will buy a one month eurorail pass.
Given that, here are my questions:
- Can credit card points be redeemed for INTL flights?
- There's a super dirt cheap ($200) WOW flight from SF to Amsterdam, where I plan to start.... anybody go with WOW before? From reviews it looks like as long as you do your homework, stay diligent, it's totally feasible.
- Keep in mind here I'll be flying to Ireland to END the trip for 3-4 days to meet with family... so with that in mind 80-85% of the balance will be continental Europe and then a small stint planned at the tail end in Ireland, so that may affect how I get there either VIA plane from Spain or France.
- Some thoughts on itinerary: Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Barcelona, Sevilla, Lisbon. Paris either in between or at the end. Any cities based on context and weather you would omit or add here? Any to emphasize for length of stay vs others?
- I'd definitely like to hit France (Paris or South of France) so would it make sense to cut across and hit there before heading to Spain, or revert back up after spain?
- Any thoughts on AirBnB vs hostile? Maybe focus on hostiles mostly and AirBnb in a few choice cities where it would be worth it?
- Any general thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated and thanks so much in advance!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 2 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 3 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 4 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 5 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 6 Hiking in Switzerland
- 7 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 8 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 9 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 10 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 11 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 12 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 13 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 14 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 15 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 20 CASH OR CARD?
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 23 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 24 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 25 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again