I have a month off of work and am seriously considering traveling to Europe with my daughter, who will be 8. My husband is unable to travel with us due to work, so it will just be my daughter and I.
We can travel any time between the beginning of June and mid-August (summer break), but I am leaning toward the month of June. Some of the places I have always wanted to visit are Paris, the south of France, Venice, Rome, and Greece, especially the islands. I am a total foodie. My idea of a good vacation is doing and seeing, not lying on the beach for days on end or staying within the walls of an all-inclusive resort. I love hiking, exploring, and seeing how the locals live. I would rather see a breathtaking landscape or charming little village than visit an art or history museum, but I wouldn't go all the way to Europe and pass over the must-sees. My daughter is a trooper, but she is only 8, so that limits our activities to some degree.
Keeping all of that in mind, I have a number of questions.
1. Does the above (very tentative) itinerary seem doable in one month?
2. Are all of those locations safe for a woman and child traveling alone?
3. Do we have time to add an additional country to our itinerary? If so, any suggestions?
4. What activities would you recommend?
5. Any tips for traveling between these locales?
5. Any additional thoughts, suggestions, or travel advice?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada to Madrid
- 2 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 3 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 4 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 7 Tour groups
- 8 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 9 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 10 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 11 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 12 If you had to choose one......
- 13 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 16 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 17 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 18 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 19 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 20 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 21 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 22 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 23 French restaurants
- 24 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 25 English Countryside