I have a month off of work and am seriously considering traveling to Europe with my daughter, who will be 8. My husband is unable to travel with us due to work, so it will just be my daughter and I.
We can travel any time between the beginning of June and mid-August (summer break), but I am leaning toward the month of June. Some of the places I have always wanted to visit are Paris, the south of France, Venice, Rome, and Greece, especially the islands. I am a total foodie. My idea of a good vacation is doing and seeing, not lying on the beach for days on end or staying within the walls of an all-inclusive resort. I love hiking, exploring, and seeing how the locals live. I would rather see a breathtaking landscape or charming little village than visit an art or history museum, but I wouldn't go all the way to Europe and pass over the must-sees. My daughter is a trooper, but she is only 8, so that limits our activities to some degree.
Keeping all of that in mind, I have a number of questions.
1. Does the above (very tentative) itinerary seem doable in one month?
2. Are all of those locations safe for a woman and child traveling alone?
3. Do we have time to add an additional country to our itinerary? If so, any suggestions?
4. What activities would you recommend?
5. Any tips for traveling between these locales?
5. Any additional thoughts, suggestions, or travel advice?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flights to Crete from NE coast of USA
- 2 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 3 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 4 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 5 Best layover option
- 6 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 7 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 8 Iceland car rental agencies
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 11 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 12 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 13 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 14 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 15 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 16 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 17 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 18 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 19 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 20 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 21 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 22 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 23 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 24 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 25 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?