I need advice. We didn't have an opportunity to plan our summer vacation due to various reasons - one being that I had to prolong my passport, and, with my native country's consulate, you never know how long it would take Now that we have our documents in order and all the important business and personal plans are laid out, the only month we can go is July. Which is considered the worst for European travel. We were thinking about Portugal, Spain, Greece, France (mostly Bretagne) or Great Britain (this last one is my less favorite, since it's quite expensive). Are all of these destinations as intolerable in July as the common wisdom has it? Is there any other nice European place that we've overlooked? We like mixing cities and country roads, cultural vibe and relaxing atmosphere.
Thank you very much. I appreciate any advice from this forum!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back from Paris
- 2 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 3 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 4 Fifty Years Later, Paris
- 5 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Trip suggestion
- 8 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 9 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 10 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 11 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 12 Another tipping question: concierges
- 13 Black hair stylists or braids in Barcelona
- 14 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 15 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 16 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 17 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 18 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 19 Summer Travel order
- 20 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 21 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 22 Dijon in December!
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days