I need advice. We didn't have an opportunity to plan our summer vacation due to various reasons - one being that I had to prolong my passport, and, with my native country's consulate, you never know how long it would take Now that we have our documents in order and all the important business and personal plans are laid out, the only month we can go is July. Which is considered the worst for European travel. We were thinking about Portugal, Spain, Greece, France (mostly Bretagne) or Great Britain (this last one is my less favorite, since it's quite expensive). Are all of these destinations as intolerable in July as the common wisdom has it? Is there any other nice European place that we've overlooked? We like mixing cities and country roads, cultural vibe and relaxing atmosphere.
Thank you very much. I appreciate any advice from this forum!
Europe in July: Where to go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 2 First time touring Europe
- 3 Ireland itinerary
- 4 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 5 Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?
- 6 big family in Ireland
- 7 Barcelona & Mallorca: Bon Dia
- 8 An Elegant Caribbean Treasure Wedding Decor Theme
- 9 Debit card with 6 digit pin
- 10 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 11 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 12 UK for 10 days with 9 and 13 year old
- 13 Istanbul Itinerary
- 14 London - Site List Triage -
- 15 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 16 Santorini transportation
- 17 How to get from Pula to Ljubljana in the evening at night?
- 18 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 19 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 20 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 21 Cheapest, easiest way to get from Ljubljana to Zurich?
- 22 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 23 Bus Tours in Scotland???
- 24 London neighborhood suggestions
- 25 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report