I need advice. We didn't have an opportunity to plan our summer vacation due to various reasons - one being that I had to prolong my passport, and, with my native country's consulate, you never know how long it would take Now that we have our documents in order and all the important business and personal plans are laid out, the only month we can go is July. Which is considered the worst for European travel. We were thinking about Portugal, Spain, Greece, France (mostly Bretagne) or Great Britain (this last one is my less favorite, since it's quite expensive). Are all of these destinations as intolerable in July as the common wisdom has it? Is there any other nice European place that we've overlooked? We like mixing cities and country roads, cultural vibe and relaxing atmosphere.
Thank you very much. I appreciate any advice from this forum!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stockholm Hotel Tegnerlunden or Birger Jarl?
- 2 booking the train from Pompeii to Rome
- 3 Norway in a NutShell via Car/Boat
- 4 Naples & Amalfi Coast
- 5 Looking for Recommendations around ENNA in Sicily
- 6 Avignon
- 7 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 8 Palace of the Popes
- 9 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 10 Trip report-London, France, Belguim
- 11 Taking wine home from France
- 12 Booking through conciergerie.com
- 13 Cycling in France
- 14 September in Switzerland
- 15 Drive or train Austria
- 16 International Driver's license requested at rental agencies in Spain
- 17 Need advice on transportation
- 18 3.5 days Itinerary in Switzerland
- 19 St Moritz hiking
- 20 TURKEY + ? in 20 days
- 21 Suggestions for cheaper destinations for mid-twenties couple
- 22 Ferry Milazzo to Lipari
- 23 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 24 Stops between Frankfurt and Berner Oberland
- 25 Franfurt to Munich over a week - Fodorite wisdom?