I need advice. We didn't have an opportunity to plan our summer vacation due to various reasons - one being that I had to prolong my passport, and, with my native country's consulate, you never know how long it would take Now that we have our documents in order and all the important business and personal plans are laid out, the only month we can go is July. Which is considered the worst for European travel. We were thinking about Portugal, Spain, Greece, France (mostly Bretagne) or Great Britain (this last one is my less favorite, since it's quite expensive). Are all of these destinations as intolerable in July as the common wisdom has it? Is there any other nice European place that we've overlooked? We like mixing cities and country roads, cultural vibe and relaxing atmosphere.
Thank you very much. I appreciate any advice from this forum!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 2 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 3 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 4 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 5 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 6 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 7 Corsica experts: Where should I spend an extra night?
- 8 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 9 8 Days in Corsica--Not Enough!
- 10 Italy by car
- 11 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 12 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 13 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 14 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 15 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 16 T Mobile Does it Again
- 17 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 18 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 19 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 20 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 21 Seville Itinerary
- 22 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 23 Dolomites October 14-18
- 24 Florence 2 weeks
- 25 Santorini