I need advice. We didn't have an opportunity to plan our summer vacation due to various reasons - one being that I had to prolong my passport, and, with my native country's consulate, you never know how long it would take Now that we have our documents in order and all the important business and personal plans are laid out, the only month we can go is July. Which is considered the worst for European travel. We were thinking about Portugal, Spain, Greece, France (mostly Bretagne) or Great Britain (this last one is my less favorite, since it's quite expensive). Are all of these destinations as intolerable in July as the common wisdom has it? Is there any other nice European place that we've overlooked? We like mixing cities and country roads, cultural vibe and relaxing atmosphere.
Thank you very much. I appreciate any advice from this forum!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 2 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 5 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 6 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 7 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 8 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 11 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 12 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 13 Salzburg itinerary review
- 14 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 15 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 16 Milan and Lake Como
- 17 weekend from cologne germany
- 18 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 19 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 20 Switzerland in September
- 21 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 22 Where to eat in Rome?
- 23 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 24 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more