I need advice. We didn't have an opportunity to plan our summer vacation due to various reasons - one being that I had to prolong my passport, and, with my native country's consulate, you never know how long it would take Now that we have our documents in order and all the important business and personal plans are laid out, the only month we can go is July. Which is considered the worst for European travel. We were thinking about Portugal, Spain, Greece, France (mostly Bretagne) or Great Britain (this last one is my less favorite, since it's quite expensive). Are all of these destinations as intolerable in July as the common wisdom has it? Is there any other nice European place that we've overlooked? We like mixing cities and country roads, cultural vibe and relaxing atmosphere.
Thank you very much. I appreciate any advice from this forum!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 2 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 3 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 4 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 7 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 8 Trip to Rome
- 9 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 10 Culinary scene in Vienna, Austria
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 12 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 13 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 14 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 15 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 16 Help required with Itinerary
- 17 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 18 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 19 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 20 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 21 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 22 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 23 Exchange: pros & cons?
- 24 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 25 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP