I need advice. We didn't have an opportunity to plan our summer vacation due to various reasons - one being that I had to prolong my passport, and, with my native country's consulate, you never know how long it would take Now that we have our documents in order and all the important business and personal plans are laid out, the only month we can go is July. Which is considered the worst for European travel. We were thinking about Portugal, Spain, Greece, France (mostly Bretagne) or Great Britain (this last one is my less favorite, since it's quite expensive). Are all of these destinations as intolerable in July as the common wisdom has it? Is there any other nice European place that we've overlooked? We like mixing cities and country roads, cultural vibe and relaxing atmosphere.
Thank you very much. I appreciate any advice from this forum!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 2 Italy - rental car damages query
- 3 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 4 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 CDG much improved
- 7 European Cooking Secrets
- 8 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 9 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 10 London's Must Sights!
- 11 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 12 Venice & Bellagio Trip Report
- 13 20 Days in Europe
- 14 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 15 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 16 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 17 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 18 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 19 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 20 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 21 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 22 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 23 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 24 Europe in late January
- 25 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?