I need advice. We didn't have an opportunity to plan our summer vacation due to various reasons - one being that I had to prolong my passport, and, with my native country's consulate, you never know how long it would take Now that we have our documents in order and all the important business and personal plans are laid out, the only month we can go is July. Which is considered the worst for European travel. We were thinking about Portugal, Spain, Greece, France (mostly Bretagne) or Great Britain (this last one is my less favorite, since it's quite expensive). Are all of these destinations as intolerable in July as the common wisdom has it? Is there any other nice European place that we've overlooked? We like mixing cities and country roads, cultural vibe and relaxing atmosphere.
Thank you very much. I appreciate any advice from this forum!
Europe in July: Where to go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 2 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 3 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 4 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 7 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 8 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 9 Airport to Piraeus
- 10 Train to Airport in Venice
- 11 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 12 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)
- 13 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 14 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 15 Questions for my German friends
- 16 What still confounds you about travel?
- 17 Chip but no PIN
- 18 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 19 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 20 Foie gras, redux
- 21 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 22 Dublin Tour Companies
- 23 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 24 Day trips from Seville
- 25 Oktoberfest reservations