I need advice. We didn't have an opportunity to plan our summer vacation due to various reasons - one being that I had to prolong my passport, and, with my native country's consulate, you never know how long it would take Now that we have our documents in order and all the important business and personal plans are laid out, the only month we can go is July. Which is considered the worst for European travel. We were thinking about Portugal, Spain, Greece, France (mostly Bretagne) or Great Britain (this last one is my less favorite, since it's quite expensive). Are all of these destinations as intolerable in July as the common wisdom has it? Is there any other nice European place that we've overlooked? We like mixing cities and country roads, cultural vibe and relaxing atmosphere.
Thank you very much. I appreciate any advice from this forum!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 traveling to stockholm with four kids (11)
- 2 Netflix and Hulu
- 3 Viking Ship Museums and Open Air Museums
- 4 Florence with 11 & 13 year old
- 5 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 6 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 7 Naples
- 8 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 9 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 10 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 11 England--Cambridge on a Sunday (SIM card? Restaurants)
- 12 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 13 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 14 Lisbon and Spain-"must see" advance tix?
- 15 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 16 Amalfi October 16-25
- 17 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 18 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo
- 19 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 20 Germany in 7 days
- 21 Paris hotels
- 22 Portugal itinerary without a car - suggestions appreciated!
- 23 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 24 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 25 Aldeburgh to London-where to drop off rental car and pick up train?