We are looking to visit Europe in February for a week or so. Browsing the forums on here, it looks like some of the more popular spots during this time are Paris/Nice, Monaco, Sicily/Southern Italy, and Greece (perhaps Athens?)
I just want to get some insight from anyone that has been to these places during colder times and see how your experience was. I know most people are saying to stay in the cities where there is more things to do inside, so if I had to pick one city to stay in, where would you suggest?
My husband and I are both love food, wine, and history (especially architecture and art) if that background helps narrow it down too.
Thank you - I know this is a really broad question, but I just want some input on what others have enjoyed most, especially during this February time frame.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany train help!
- 2 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 3 Versailles
- 4 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 5 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 6 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 7 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 8 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 9 Petrol in Greece
- 10 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 11 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 12 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 13 Where to enjoy Paris
- 14 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 15 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 16 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 19 Meteora for older folk
- 20 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 21 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 22 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 23 Lofoten, Norway Trip Report
- 24 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 25 Please help allocate time in Lofoten and Bergen area