So I'm beginning to plan a trip to Europe for this upcoming September, while it feels "so far away" I know things will creep up rather quickly and that I need to make some decisions soonish. I've been to Europe before but it was with a group and I didn't have to do the itinerary planning myself (also we weren't just there in vacation mode).
My wife's birthday is the 9th of September, and it's the big 30 this year, she's never had a chance to go to Europe and I'd love to surprise her with the opportunity (she's talked about doing it often). Also our anniversary is later in the month (will be back before it as work has me tied up, but celebrate early). So we are both in our late 20s/early 30s we're adventurous but also just love exploring and taking in the culture. I'm not trying to force to much into the schedule so as to give us a chance to soak it in. It's not often we get away from the kids for over a week.
I'm hoping to plan for about 10 days (5th - 15th or so, still looking at flights so still flexible if there is an event, festival, etc. that we should see during that time). The one country my wife has definitely talked about wanting to go is France so I figured on a few days in Paris and I've also read that September is a great time to visit some of France's wine country (we are both wine lovers/drinkers). I'm hoping that the experts on here are able to impart some of their wisdom into planning.
I'm trying to decide also if we should just spend the 10days in France or if we should add another country/city to the itinerary. I'm kind of undecided either way. I don't want to mess up the balance between the "romance" of France and feeling rushed to get somewhere but I also recognize that my wife has never been to Europe.
So much to do and so much to see...thanks for any and all help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://wellnesssystemreport.co.uk/white-light-smile-reviews/
- 2 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 3 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 4 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 5 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 6 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/muscle-xtx-reviews/
- 7 Stonehenge and Bath
- 8 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 9 train from ravenna to parma
- 10 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 11 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 12 Puglia
- 13 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 14 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 15 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 16 Ireland driving itinerary
- 17 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 18 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 19 Manchester on derby weekend
- 20 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 21 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 22 Day trips from Uzes
- 23 Greece Experts
- 24 My First Trip to Europe...
- 25 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...