I have some time off I need to take in December and am thinking about traveling to Europe for about 10 days. I am in my mid-20s and on a budget and therefore will be staying in hostels for the most part. I am having a hard time figuring out where to go that will have most sights open. I am interested in architecture and history mostly so I enjoy taking tours/going to museums. I have traveled around Europe on a few trips with my family. Ive traveled to the "bigger cities" on bus tours (London, Paris, Lucerne, Rome, Florence, Venice, Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Munich, Venice) and toured Greece, Ireland, Belgium, and the Netherlands extensively. Places I considered were northern Italy, Spain, southern France, and England (since Ive only been to London) but wasn't sure if most things would still be open. I am definitely open to suggestions. In addition, I don't speak any other languages besides English unfortunately so I will need to travel to a place where I can get by only speaking one language. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with basic itinerary
- 2 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 3 Cinqueterre
- 4 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 5 Final Four
- 6 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 7 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 8 Parking in Girona
- 9 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 10 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 11 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 12 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 13 SNCF - low price for summer
- 14 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 15 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 16 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 17 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 18 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 19 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 20 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 21 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 22 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 23 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 24 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges