I have some time off I need to take in December and am thinking about traveling to Europe for about 10 days. I am in my mid-20s and on a budget and therefore will be staying in hostels for the most part. I am having a hard time figuring out where to go that will have most sights open. I am interested in architecture and history mostly so I enjoy taking tours/going to museums. I have traveled around Europe on a few trips with my family. Ive traveled to the "bigger cities" on bus tours (London, Paris, Lucerne, Rome, Florence, Venice, Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Munich, Venice) and toured Greece, Ireland, Belgium, and the Netherlands extensively. Places I considered were northern Italy, Spain, southern France, and England (since Ive only been to London) but wasn't sure if most things would still be open. I am definitely open to suggestions. In addition, I don't speak any other languages besides English unfortunately so I will need to travel to a place where I can get by only speaking one language. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 2 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 3 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 4 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 5 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 6 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 Areas in Milan
- 11 Melia Colbert Paris
- 12 Perugia
- 13 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 14 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 15 Rome to venice
- 16 Help please
- 17 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 18 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 19 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 20 St Denis Cathedral
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 23 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 24 CDG much improved
- 25 Praiano