I am new to the forum We would like to visit Europe mainly Italy and other countries that you suggest. We have 2 kids (10 and 7) and both are good travelers. Never been to Europe in December before so a bit weary of the weather, planning from Dec 12- 1 Jan 15. We love food, culture, architectures and history, def want to see Florence and Pompeii. Would also like to see one or 2 Xmas market. We won't be driving this and planning to take the trains everywhere. Also planning for an open jaw ticket from Australia, for example arriving in Paris and leaving from Rome.
I am open to any suggestion and ideas. Any itinerary that is doable by trains is greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany train help!
- 2 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 3 Versailles
- 4 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 5 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 6 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 7 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 8 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 9 Petrol in Greece
- 10 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 11 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 12 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 13 Where to enjoy Paris
- 14 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 15 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 16 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 19 Meteora for older folk
- 20 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 21 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 22 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 23 Lofoten, Norway Trip Report
- 24 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 25 Please help allocate time in Lofoten and Bergen area