My friend and I need your help! In July we are flying to London from New Zealand to travel Europe by Eurail within 5 months. So far the only route we have planned is to head to Guernsey from London.
This is where we get a bit stuck.
As Guernsey is so close to France, we're thinking of starting our Europe travels in France. But we're currently unsure as to what route to take from there.
Would it be better to start our journey Northern Europe or Southern Europe?
So far we've had mixed responses. Most people we know have done Southern Europe first then headed over to Northern Europe when it's colder and have had a great time! But many people are also telling us to head to Northern Europe first as it will be less busy during August/September then to head to Southern Europe when it's not so hot.
We're stuck and could really use your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short Visit to Munich for the Christmas markets
- 2 Car rental help in Sicily
- 3 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 4 favorite app for converting US $$
- 5 Italy - hiking, active, with Sicily
- 6 Clean up spam
- 7 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 8 Driving in Croatia
- 9 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?
- 10 Charming areas to explore in London
- 11 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 12 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 13 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 14 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 15 SNCF - low price for summer
- 16 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 17 Car Rental in France - Europcar
- 18 Transportation Question Italy
- 19 First timer/road trip, itenerary help
- 20 Meaning of BSB as type of German train/bus
- 21 Munich Hotel Location
- 22 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 23 Italy Itinerary Advice
- 24 Berner Oberland - Mild winter, early spring
- 25 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo