My husband and I have been contemplating a tour of Europe for about 6 months. We are thinking of visiting about 8- 10 countries.
A Danube river country or 2 (not sure where yet, any recommendations?)
Jerusalem (Holy Land)
What is a fair estimate for a trip like this for 2 ppl?
We would be interested in culture, architecture and history, not looking to party and drink.
We are looking at about a $12K budget after airfare from east coast to Europe, and we are willing to stay at cheaper hotels (probably not hostels) , eating on a budget with an occasional decent restaurant meal once in a while.
Are guided tours in each city worth it or could we do it on our own? Any recommendations, tips or advice would be appreciated. Any other web sites for additional research could help too. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 2 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 3 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 4 Croatia
- 5 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 6 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 7 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 8 Croatia trip Planning
- 9 If you had to choose one......
- 10 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 11 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 16 Driving in Italy?
- 17 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 18 Tour groups
- 19 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 20 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 21 Ireland in April
- 22 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 23 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 24 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 25 So much to do, so little time!