My husband and I have been contemplating a tour of Europe for about 6 months. We are thinking of visiting about 8- 10 countries.
A Danube river country or 2 (not sure where yet, any recommendations?)
Jerusalem (Holy Land)
What is a fair estimate for a trip like this for 2 ppl?
We would be interested in culture, architecture and history, not looking to party and drink.
We are looking at about a $12K budget after airfare from east coast to Europe, and we are willing to stay at cheaper hotels (probably not hostels) , eating on a budget with an occasional decent restaurant meal once in a while.
Are guided tours in each city worth it or could we do it on our own? Any recommendations, tips or advice would be appreciated. Any other web sites for additional research could help too. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bernese Oberland
- 2 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 3 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 4 London 6 day itinerary
- 5 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 6 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 7 Threat Level in UK
- 8 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 9 ATM
- 10 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 11 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 12 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 13 Living in Paris......for a week
- 14 ATM help
- 15 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 16 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 17 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 18 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 19 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 20 Iceland trip report!
- 21 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 22 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 23 Athens tour guide advice
- 24 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 25 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria