My husband and I have been contemplating a tour of Europe for about 6 months. We are thinking of visiting about 8- 10 countries.
A Danube river country or 2 (not sure where yet, any recommendations?)
Jerusalem (Holy Land)
What is a fair estimate for a trip like this for 2 ppl?
We would be interested in culture, architecture and history, not looking to party and drink.
We are looking at about a $12K budget after airfare from east coast to Europe, and we are willing to stay at cheaper hotels (probably not hostels) , eating on a budget with an occasional decent restaurant meal once in a while.
Are guided tours in each city worth it or could we do it on our own? Any recommendations, tips or advice would be appreciated. Any other web sites for additional research could help too. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Amsterdam and...?
- 4 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 5 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 6 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 7 US foods not available in the UK
- 8 Andalucia Spain
- 9 Whistle stop family road trip
- 10 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 11 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 12 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 13 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 14 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 15 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 16 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 17 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 18 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 19 Driving in Italy
- 20 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 21 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 22 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 24 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 25 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017