My husband and I have been contemplating a tour of Europe for about 6 months. We are thinking of visiting about 8- 10 countries.
A Danube river country or 2 (not sure where yet, any recommendations?)
Jerusalem (Holy Land)
What is a fair estimate for a trip like this for 2 ppl?
We would be interested in culture, architecture and history, not looking to party and drink.
We are looking at about a $12K budget after airfare from east coast to Europe, and we are willing to stay at cheaper hotels (probably not hostels) , eating on a budget with an occasional decent restaurant meal once in a while.
Are guided tours in each city worth it or could we do it on our own? Any recommendations, tips or advice would be appreciated. Any other web sites for additional research could help too. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 2 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 3 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 4 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 5 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 6 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 Praiano
- 9 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 10 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 11 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 12 Travelling through Europe by RV in May 2017
- 13 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 14 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 15 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 16 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 17 A hole in the wall in St Germain. Paris
- 18 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 19 Oporto
- 20 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 21 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 22 Italy bus or train
- 23 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 24 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 25 Porto and vicinity