My husband and I have been contemplating a tour of Europe for about 6 months. We are thinking of visiting about 8- 10 countries.
A Danube river country or 2 (not sure where yet, any recommendations?)
Jerusalem (Holy Land)
What is a fair estimate for a trip like this for 2 ppl?
We would be interested in culture, architecture and history, not looking to party and drink.
We are looking at about a $12K budget after airfare from east coast to Europe, and we are willing to stay at cheaper hotels (probably not hostels) , eating on a budget with an occasional decent restaurant meal once in a while.
Are guided tours in each city worth it or could we do it on our own? Any recommendations, tips or advice would be appreciated. Any other web sites for additional research could help too. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 4 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 5 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 6 Rome or Venice first
- 7 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 8 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 celticmoon, a quick question
- 11 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 12 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 15 B&B in Ireland
- 16 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 17 Europe First Timers
- 18 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 19 Trains in Italy
- 20 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 21 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 22 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 23 Greek Village
- 24 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece