Husband and I are looking for some input on a ~21 day honeymoon, we are thinking end of May beginning of June. We have not booked any flights/accommodations at this time.
A little about us, mid 20's, like nice scenery moderate hiking, good food, would like to see some tourist highlights, not big into art but don't mind some. Husband has previously been to Paris for 2 weeks. I have never been to Europe.
We are traveling from Canada. We have already scaled back after reading many posts here (we originally wanted to do Portugal, Spain, France, Germany, Italy). We aren't looking to be too rushed but are happy to be on the go more days than not.
Here is our proposed travel itinerary:
1 - Depart Toronto to Barcelona in evening
2 - Arr Barcelona AM
3 - Barcelona
4 - Barcelona
5 - Barcelona to Paris - fly
6 - Paris
7 - Paris
8 - Paris
9 - Paris
10 - Paris to Venice - fly Easy Jet
11 - Venice
12 - Venice to Positano - train (not sure what the best way to do this is)
13 - Cinque Terre & Pisa to Florence - train
14 - Florence
15 - Florence
16 - Florence to Rome - train
17 - Rome
18 - Rome
19 - Rome
20 - flex day/flight depending departure time of return flights.
21 - Rome to Toronto
Some of our must see tourist attractions:
Eiffel tower, Arc de Triomphe, Notre-Dame (these are mine as my husband has done all 3)
Cinque Terre, Trevi Fountain, Collesum
Nice to see:
Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, walk La Ramblas
St Peters Basilica, Vatican
We are open to all types of suggestions on places to stay (hotel, airbnb, vrbo etc. our ideal budget per night is 100EUR), things to do, places to eat.
Since we have minimal experience we are looking to get some feedback from experienced travelers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 hill of crosses
- 4 Austria Trip Report
- 5 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 6 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 7 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 8 Driving through Paris
- 9 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 10 Northern Ireland ideas
- 11 Italy June 6-16
- 12 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 13 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 16 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 17 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 18 Long weekend in Albania
- 19 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 20 Airfare from Paris to Bastia
- 21 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 22 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 23 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 24 Planning A trip
- 25 To the top of Europe, and back again.