Planning a big trip to Europe from the end of October to the end of December. No work commitments so can extend my itinerary longer to accommodate for changes. Will be flying into London and likely out of Prague (have not booked flights yet so this can change). Hard to say what my budget will be as I will be saving for the whole year until I leave, but am planning to stay in hostels and possibly some couch surfing for most of the trip, and travel by train or cheap buses / flights (likely without a eurail pass as I will book all of my tickets in advance and will hopefully save money this way). The London, Amsterdam, Brugge and Paris portion of the trip will be with my partner, and the rest on my own. Now a bit about myself: I am a 21 year old female from Australia however definitely not planning to party whatsoever, am more into scenery and nature, as well as wandering aimlessly in beautiful cities, will visit must see museums but is not a huge must and don't want to be sick of them after 2 months, although am highly interested in WWII Nazi Germany's side of things and will go out of my way to visit things like auschwitz.I am aware it will be bordering on winter so have saved coastal destinations e.g. Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast, Greece, Spain, Portugal for another trip. Am also hoping to balance the trip out with some small, cute towns. I will be doing quite a lot of day trips out of cities as I would prefer to leave my luggage in one home base rather than lugging it around everywhere, even if I am backtracking a bit. I have done LOTS of research and this is a final draft of my itinerary prior to booking flights so any last minute suggestions would be great! Particularly regarding adding or subtracting days in particular places or adding destinations in.
London: 5 nights. A day trip to the Cotswolds, will also visit Oxford or Cambridge and possibly Stonehenge.
Amsterdam: 3 nights
Brugge: 2 nights
Paris: 5 nights. Day trip to Versailles, mont st michel and potentially some Normandy sites and towns (would love to visit Rouen based on Pinterest pictures, haha!)
Strasbourg: 3 nights. Day trip to Colmar.
Lauterbrunnen: 3 nights. Possibly visit Wengen and Gimmelwald but not a must.
Annecy: 3 nights. Day trip to Mont Blanc.
Avignon: 4 nights. Use two days to visit Provence towns especially st remy, may do a Viator trip to do 3 towns in one day without hassle of public transport. Have chosen Avignon as most forum posters suggest this as a central point with lots of transport options if you are not hiring a car.
Nice: 3 nights. Must visit Eze! If time will see Monaco and Cannes but not a must.
Florence: 4 nights. Will use most days to visit Tuscan towns especially San gimignano, volterra, Siena, Lucca, montepulciano. May do this via a Viator trip. Am open to staying in Siena as a base instead with a day trip to Florence to have a less busy feel to come back to?
Rome: 4 nights
Venice: 4-5 nights as I am doing a day trip to Verona and potentially the dolomite region with a tour group - is this a good idea?
Munich: 4-5 nights as doing a few day trips around romantic road region and definitely dachau and Neuschwanstein Castle.
Salzburg: 3 nights. Day trip to Hallstatt.
Vienna: 3 nights
Budapest: 3 nights
Kraków: 3 nights. Day trip to auschwitz.
Prague: 5-6 nights. Day trip to creaky krumlov and Dresden are musts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 2 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 3 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 4 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 5 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 6 driving from ancona to rome
- 7 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 8 Croatia transportation question.
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 11 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 12 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 13 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 14 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 15 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 16 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 17 2017 Easter in Italy
- 18 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 19 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 20 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 21 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 22 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 23 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 24 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 25 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia