So my family and I are planning a sixteen day trip to Europe during for summer. I need some feedback on this brainstorm of an itinerary. Thank you in advance!
We definitely want to visit England and we have relatives in Germany and Switzerland.
Other countries that we would love to see are France and Italy.
Now, I have been doing research and I know that it is probably not a good idea to cram all of those in at once...especially with a 16 day time frame.
Here is a rough itinerary
*Fly from Philadelphia on air Icelandic (I heard it is cheaper)
*Stop in Iceland and then continue into London.
*Spend around 5 days in England - (We plan on going to London, Liverpool, and around the English countryside but try and use trains to stay close to London)
* Afterwards, travel to Paris, France and spend 2-3 days there. (Paris isn't the top of our list to go)
* Travel up to Germany and stay there - Stuttgart to see family - and then do an hour long drive/ day trip up to the family in Switzerland. (Probably spend 5-6 days combined)
Should Italy even be considered in this equation? Let me know what you think!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 2 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 3 Moscow Favorites
- 4 Italy with my Teen daughters
- 5 Couscous
- 6 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 7 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 8 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 9 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 10 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 11 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 12 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 13 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 14 Guided Vatican Tours
- 15 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 16 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 17 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 18 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 19 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 20 Ibiiza Spain
- 21 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 22 Cartagena Spain
- 23 3 nights in Madrid
- 24 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 25 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK