So my family and I are planning a sixteen day trip to Europe during for summer. I need some feedback on this brainstorm of an itinerary. Thank you in advance!
We definitely want to visit England and we have relatives in Germany and Switzerland.
Other countries that we would love to see are France and Italy.
Now, I have been doing research and I know that it is probably not a good idea to cram all of those in at once...especially with a 16 day time frame.
Here is a rough itinerary
*Fly from Philadelphia on air Icelandic (I heard it is cheaper)
*Stop in Iceland and then continue into London.
*Spend around 5 days in England - (We plan on going to London, Liverpool, and around the English countryside but try and use trains to stay close to London)
* Afterwards, travel to Paris, France and spend 2-3 days there. (Paris isn't the top of our list to go)
* Travel up to Germany and stay there - Stuttgart to see family - and then do an hour long drive/ day trip up to the family in Switzerland. (Probably spend 5-6 days combined)
Should Italy even be considered in this equation? Let me know what you think!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 2 How prepared where you for the trip to Iceland?
- 3 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 4 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 5 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 6 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 7 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 8 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 9 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 10 A week in Croatia with kids
- 11 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 Summer School in France
- 14 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 15 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 16 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 17 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 18 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 21 Cutback on Spain trip
- 22 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 23 where to stay in London?
- 24 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 25 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece