Me & my husband are planning for a month trip to Europe in November for our anniversary. This will be our first time to Europe. Kindly bear with me for this long post!
I know most of you won't suggest Europe for november but since we live in middle east we really appreciate cooler temperatures (including rainfalls) plus lesser crowds.
Area of interests:
Good food, medieval towns, castles, countryside or coastal views/drives. We aren't too much into museums or ruins but appreciate renaissance art & cathedrals.
Below is my tentative itinerary, would you please advice if the days assigned to each city makes sense. We haven't booked any tickets yet so the itinerary is open for any valuable changes suggested.
All of the transit flights/trains will be taken during morning so that we can reach the next city around noon or before that, which will give us approx half day for that particular city.
30th 0ct - Arrival in Amsterdam
31st, 1st, 2nd nov - Amsterdam
3rd - fly to Berlin
4th, 5th, 6th - berlin
7th - berlin to Prague via train
8th, 9th, 10th - explore Prague
11th - Prague to Munich via train
12th - day trip to salzburg from Munich
13th - day trip to Rothenburg ob der tauber from Munich
14th - day trip to Mittenwald from munich
15th - day trip to ludwig castle from munich
16th - flight from Munich to florence (arrival at 12.40pm)
17th - day trip to Venice from florence
18th - day trip to Sienna from florence
19th - explore florence
20th - florence to Rome via train
21st - explore Rome
22nd - day trip to Amalfi coast from rome
23rd - rome to Barcelona (fly with Ryanair)
24th, 25th, 26th - Barcelona
27th - fly back home
1. We are well aware it will be a rainy season in most parts of Europe, will it still be a good idea to do Amalfi coast, we aren't expecting a beach experience anyway. But would want to have a look at the beautiful coastline.
2. What kind of clothing should we pack for the northern Europe.
3. Is day trip to ludwig castle possible from Munich?
4. Can you please suggest best day trips from berlin.
5. Can you also suggest some more beautiful medieval towns like Rothenburg.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 2 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 3 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 4 3 day trip to iceland
- 5 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 6 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 7 Alitala
- 8 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 9 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 10 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 13 Rome or Venice first
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 16 celticmoon, a quick question
- 17 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 18 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 19 B&B in Ireland
- 20 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 21 Europe First Timers
- 22 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 23 Trains in Italy
- 24 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 25 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4