Me & my husband are planning for a month trip to Europe in November for our anniversary. This will be our first time to Europe. Kindly bear with me for this long post!
I know most of you won't suggest Europe for november but since we live in middle east we really appreciate cooler temperatures (including rainfalls) plus lesser crowds.
Area of interests:
Good food, medieval towns, castles, countryside or coastal views/drives. We aren't too much into museums or ruins but appreciate renaissance art & cathedrals.
Below is my tentative itinerary, would you please advice if the days assigned to each city makes sense. We haven't booked any tickets yet so the itinerary is open for any valuable changes suggested.
All of the transit flights/trains will be taken during morning so that we can reach the next city around noon or before that, which will give us approx half day for that particular city.
30th 0ct - Arrival in Amsterdam
31st, 1st, 2nd nov - Amsterdam
3rd - fly to Berlin
4th, 5th, 6th - berlin
7th - berlin to Prague via train
8th, 9th, 10th - explore Prague
11th - Prague to Munich via train
12th - day trip to salzburg from Munich
13th - day trip to Rothenburg ob der tauber from Munich
14th - day trip to Mittenwald from munich
15th - day trip to ludwig castle from munich
16th - flight from Munich to florence (arrival at 12.40pm)
17th - day trip to Venice from florence
18th - day trip to Sienna from florence
19th - explore florence
20th - florence to Rome via train
21st - explore Rome
22nd - day trip to Amalfi coast from rome
23rd - rome to Barcelona (fly with Ryanair)
24th, 25th, 26th - Barcelona
27th - fly back home
1. We are well aware it will be a rainy season in most parts of Europe, will it still be a good idea to do Amalfi coast, we aren't expecting a beach experience anyway. But would want to have a look at the beautiful coastline.
2. What kind of clothing should we pack for the northern Europe.
3. Is day trip to ludwig castle possible from Munich?
4. Can you please suggest best day trips from berlin.
5. Can you also suggest some more beautiful medieval towns like Rothenburg.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 2 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 5 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 6 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 7 Jewish Vienna
- 8 Short time in Vienna
- 9 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 10 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 11 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 12 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 13 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 14 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 15 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 16 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 17 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 18 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 19 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 20 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 21 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 22 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 23 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 24 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 25 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales