Hello, 1st time here.
I’ve reading posts about europe in winter for a while and I’m planning a trip in december this year. But I’ve tons of questions…
First, some introduction, we are a brazilian group (me, my wife and a couple of friends), I love snowboard, we never been in Europe before.
Our trip has 3 things that we don’t negotiate: Paris, a week in alps and a white Christmas
So far what I plan to do is:
December 7 – 12 – Paris
December 13 – 18 – Munich (day trips to Neuschwanstein, Dachau, Salzburg and Innsbruck, maybe)
December 19 – 26 - Breuil-Cervinia (planning to cross to Zermatt)
December 27 – 30 – Milan
We are aware about the cold, the special clothes and so on.
What we don’t know is:
Is this a good plan? We put Paris first thinking that early December won’t be so freezing, is that true?
Travel only by train is the better option? We want to avoid delays in airports due bad weather.
Is enough time to each city? Any suggestions/modifications? We cut off Zurich because it’s very expensive. One day in Zurich is worth, maybe after Munich?
We love to visit Vienna, Prague, Berlin but because of the distance we choose to stay in closer cities.
We are a little lost, and a little afraid - first trip to Europe we only speak Portuguese and English (this one very badly as you can see…) any help will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beaches in Southern France
- 2 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 3 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 4 Seville in late January
- 5 Norfolk base
- 6 Berlin restaurant recs
- 7 Macedonia - the land of sun!
- 8 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 9 RFID Protection
- 10 3 days to spend in europe
- 11 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 12 Drinks in Spain
- 13 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 14 12 days europe
- 15 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 16 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 17 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 18 Travelling to Shiroka Luka, Bulgaria
- 19 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 20 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 21 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 22 Spain Itinerary Help
- 23 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 24 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 25 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
Hello, 1st time here.