Hello, 1st time here.
I’ve reading posts about europe in winter for a while and I’m planning a trip in december this year. But I’ve tons of questions…
First, some introduction, we are a brazilian group (me, my wife and a couple of friends), I love snowboard, we never been in Europe before.
Our trip has 3 things that we don’t negotiate: Paris, a week in alps and a white Christmas
So far what I plan to do is:
December 7 – 12 – Paris
December 13 – 18 – Munich (day trips to Neuschwanstein, Dachau, Salzburg and Innsbruck, maybe)
December 19 – 26 - Breuil-Cervinia (planning to cross to Zermatt)
December 27 – 30 – Milan
We are aware about the cold, the special clothes and so on.
What we don’t know is:
Is this a good plan? We put Paris first thinking that early December won’t be so freezing, is that true?
Travel only by train is the better option? We want to avoid delays in airports due bad weather.
Is enough time to each city? Any suggestions/modifications? We cut off Zurich because it’s very expensive. One day in Zurich is worth, maybe after Munich?
We love to visit Vienna, Prague, Berlin but because of the distance we choose to stay in closer cities.
We are a little lost, and a little afraid - first trip to Europe we only speak Portuguese and English (this one very badly as you can see…) any help will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 2 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 3 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 4 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 5 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 6 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 7 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 8 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 9 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 10 Azores
- 11 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 12 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 Short Trip in July
- 16 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 17 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 18 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 19 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 20 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 21 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 22 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Sim Card Options
- 25 Greek Islands (small)
Hello, 1st time here.