Hello, 1st time here.
I’ve reading posts about europe in winter for a while and I’m planning a trip in december this year. But I’ve tons of questions…
First, some introduction, we are a brazilian group (me, my wife and a couple of friends), I love snowboard, we never been in Europe before.
Our trip has 3 things that we don’t negotiate: Paris, a week in alps and a white Christmas
So far what I plan to do is:
December 7 – 12 – Paris
December 13 – 18 – Munich (day trips to Neuschwanstein, Dachau, Salzburg and Innsbruck, maybe)
December 19 – 26 - Breuil-Cervinia (planning to cross to Zermatt)
December 27 – 30 – Milan
We are aware about the cold, the special clothes and so on.
What we don’t know is:
Is this a good plan? We put Paris first thinking that early December won’t be so freezing, is that true?
Travel only by train is the better option? We want to avoid delays in airports due bad weather.
Is enough time to each city? Any suggestions/modifications? We cut off Zurich because it’s very expensive. One day in Zurich is worth, maybe after Munich?
We love to visit Vienna, Prague, Berlin but because of the distance we choose to stay in closer cities.
We are a little lost, and a little afraid - first trip to Europe we only speak Portuguese and English (this one very badly as you can see…) any help will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 24 hours in Paris
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 4 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 5 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 6 tickets for Wimbledon
- 7 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 8 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 9 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 10 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 11 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 14 Happy birthday ATM
- 15 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 16 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 17 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 20 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 21 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 22 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 23 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 24 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 25 Fly out Venice or Rome
Hello, 1st time here.