Hello, 1st time here.
I’ve reading posts about europe in winter for a while and I’m planning a trip in december this year. But I’ve tons of questions…
First, some introduction, we are a brazilian group (me, my wife and a couple of friends), I love snowboard, we never been in Europe before.
Our trip has 3 things that we don’t negotiate: Paris, a week in alps and a white Christmas
So far what I plan to do is:
December 7 – 12 – Paris
December 13 – 18 – Munich (day trips to Neuschwanstein, Dachau, Salzburg and Innsbruck, maybe)
December 19 – 26 - Breuil-Cervinia (planning to cross to Zermatt)
December 27 – 30 – Milan
We are aware about the cold, the special clothes and so on.
What we don’t know is:
Is this a good plan? We put Paris first thinking that early December won’t be so freezing, is that true?
Travel only by train is the better option? We want to avoid delays in airports due bad weather.
Is enough time to each city? Any suggestions/modifications? We cut off Zurich because it’s very expensive. One day in Zurich is worth, maybe after Munich?
We love to visit Vienna, Prague, Berlin but because of the distance we choose to stay in closer cities.
We are a little lost, and a little afraid - first trip to Europe we only speak Portuguese and English (this one very badly as you can see…) any help will be much appreciated.
Euro winter trip, HELP PLEEEEEASE
Hello, 1st time here.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 2 5 Observations About Paris
- 3 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 4 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 5 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 6 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 7 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 8 Southern Spain
- 9 Museums in Berlin
- 10 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 11 Schengen Visa Rules
- 12 Scotland November 2015
- 13 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 14 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 15 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 16 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 17 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 18 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 19 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 20 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 21 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 22 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 23 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 24 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 25 Amsterdam in the early 1980s