A fermented quiz this time:
1- Lager and Pilsener beers have generally dominated the European beer market but Ales have always been produced in Belgium and England and a few other places and are now gaining traction elsewhere - what is the basic difference in how ales and lagers are made (brewing process)?
2- France is a wine lovers country thought more and more the younger frogs are turning to beer but in Normandy beer and wine often take a back seat to XXXXX, this regions renown fermented beverage.
3- Normadny is also well-known and best known for what kind of cheese?
4- The Netherlands has some famous cheeses associated with certain towns or cities - what cheese is associated with these cities of the same name:
*** Named after a small town on the IJsselmeer, the former Zuider Zee that is now this fresh water lake - you can walk to this town from Volendam.
*** This cheese town with a cheese named after it lies not far southeast of Utrecht and southwest of Kinderdijk windmill complex.
5- This Dutch town hosts a famous Friday a.m. old-style cheese market Aprils thru Septembers.
6- Mozzarella Cheese traditionally was made from the milk of this animal - traditionally only herded in Italy and Romania - modern mozzarella cheese is now typically made from cow's milk. (I've never seen one of these creatures pasturing in Italy!)
7- Cheese made from the milk of this animal include feta of Greece, Roquefort of France, Manchego of Spain and Pecorino Romano from Italy.
8- Beaune is at the epicenter of what French wine-growing district?
9- These two towns are the commercial centers of the Champagne Region and you can tour the fancy Champagne houses in either?
10 - French sheep cheese is called in general Fromage de XXXXX
The first to name the most correct gets a box of used wine corks (shipping and handling extra)!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 2 Naples + Walking Tour
- 3 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 4 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 5 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 6 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 7 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 8 Need hotel in Athens
- 9 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 10 Avoid Europcar!
- 11 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 12 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 13 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 15 Train / Calabria
- 16 16 days in France and Italy
- 17 Scotland - We're Here!
- 18 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 19 Paris for children
- 20 Madrid food advice needed
- 21 Best areas of Porto to stay
- 22 Couscous
- 23 Visiting Plitvice - base location/lodging
- 24 IWM
- 25 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
A fermented quiz this time: