A fermented quiz this time:
1- Lager and Pilsener beers have generally dominated the European beer market but Ales have always been produced in Belgium and England and a few other places and are now gaining traction elsewhere - what is the basic difference in how ales and lagers are made (brewing process)?
2- France is a wine lovers country thought more and more the younger frogs are turning to beer but in Normandy beer and wine often take a back seat to XXXXX, this regions renown fermented beverage.
3- Normadny is also well-known and best known for what kind of cheese?
4- The Netherlands has some famous cheeses associated with certain towns or cities - what cheese is associated with these cities of the same name:
*** Named after a small town on the IJsselmeer, the former Zuider Zee that is now this fresh water lake - you can walk to this town from Volendam.
*** This cheese town with a cheese named after it lies not far southeast of Utrecht and southwest of Kinderdijk windmill complex.
5- This Dutch town hosts a famous Friday a.m. old-style cheese market Aprils thru Septembers.
6- Mozzarella Cheese traditionally was made from the milk of this animal - traditionally only herded in Italy and Romania - modern mozzarella cheese is now typically made from cow's milk. (I've never seen one of these creatures pasturing in Italy!)
7- Cheese made from the milk of this animal include feta of Greece, Roquefort of France, Manchego of Spain and Pecorino Romano from Italy.
8- Beaune is at the epicenter of what French wine-growing district?
9- These two towns are the commercial centers of the Champagne Region and you can tour the fancy Champagne houses in either?
10 - French sheep cheese is called in general Fromage de XXXXX
The first to name the most correct gets a box of used wine corks (shipping and handling extra)!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice/Mestre
- 2 Quizz !
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 5 9 Days in Spain
- 6 Pay attention to your watches !
- 7 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 8 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 9 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 10 8 Days in Spain
- 11 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 12 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 13 car insurance italy
- 14 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 15 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 16 Italy Car Scam
- 17 auto europa or auto europe?
- 18 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Barcelona alternative
- 21 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 22 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 23 Spanish Medical Providers
- 24 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris
A fermented quiz this time: