A fermented quiz this time:
1- Lager and Pilsener beers have generally dominated the European beer market but Ales have always been produced in Belgium and England and a few other places and are now gaining traction elsewhere - what is the basic difference in how ales and lagers are made (brewing process)?
2- France is a wine lovers country thought more and more the younger frogs are turning to beer but in Normandy beer and wine often take a back seat to XXXXX, this regions renown fermented beverage.
3- Normadny is also well-known and best known for what kind of cheese?
4- The Netherlands has some famous cheeses associated with certain towns or cities - what cheese is associated with these cities of the same name:
*** Named after a small town on the IJsselmeer, the former Zuider Zee that is now this fresh water lake - you can walk to this town from Volendam.
*** This cheese town with a cheese named after it lies not far southeast of Utrecht and southwest of Kinderdijk windmill complex.
5- This Dutch town hosts a famous Friday a.m. old-style cheese market Aprils thru Septembers.
6- Mozzarella Cheese traditionally was made from the milk of this animal - traditionally only herded in Italy and Romania - modern mozzarella cheese is now typically made from cow's milk. (I've never seen one of these creatures pasturing in Italy!)
7- Cheese made from the milk of this animal include feta of Greece, Roquefort of France, Manchego of Spain and Pecorino Romano from Italy.
8- Beaune is at the epicenter of what French wine-growing district?
9- These two towns are the commercial centers of the Champagne Region and you can tour the fancy Champagne houses in either?
10 - French sheep cheese is called in general Fromage de XXXXX
The first to name the most correct gets a box of used wine corks (shipping and handling extra)!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undisclsoed location
- 2 포츠토토사이트 ≃ ≬ ≇ ≍ 카지노사이트주소≃ ≬ ≇ ≍ ⒷⓊⓈ97.COM ≃ ≬ ≇ ≍
- 3 Rome to venice
- 4 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 5 Italy bus or train
- 6 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 7 Moscow, Onion Domes - Travel Report
- 8 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 9 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 10 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 11 Need help with my itinerary
- 12 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 13 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 14 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 15 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 16 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 17 Chamonix to Paris
- 18 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 19 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 20 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 21 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 22 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 23 Paris in September
- 24 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 25 help with Italy itinerary
A fermented quiz this time: