A fermented quiz this time:
1- Lager and Pilsener beers have generally dominated the European beer market but Ales have always been produced in Belgium and England and a few other places and are now gaining traction elsewhere - what is the basic difference in how ales and lagers are made (brewing process)?
2- France is a wine lovers country thought more and more the younger frogs are turning to beer but in Normandy beer and wine often take a back seat to XXXXX, this regions renown fermented beverage.
3- Normadny is also well-known and best known for what kind of cheese?
4- The Netherlands has some famous cheeses associated with certain towns or cities - what cheese is associated with these cities of the same name:
*** Named after a small town on the IJsselmeer, the former Zuider Zee that is now this fresh water lake - you can walk to this town from Volendam.
*** This cheese town with a cheese named after it lies not far southeast of Utrecht and southwest of Kinderdijk windmill complex.
5- This Dutch town hosts a famous Friday a.m. old-style cheese market Aprils thru Septembers.
6- Mozzarella Cheese traditionally was made from the milk of this animal - traditionally only herded in Italy and Romania - modern mozzarella cheese is now typically made from cow's milk. (I've never seen one of these creatures pasturing in Italy!)
7- Cheese made from the milk of this animal include feta of Greece, Roquefort of France, Manchego of Spain and Pecorino Romano from Italy.
8- Beaune is at the epicenter of what French wine-growing district?
9- These two towns are the commercial centers of the Champagne Region and you can tour the fancy Champagne houses in either?
10 - French sheep cheese is called in general Fromage de XXXXX
The first to name the most correct gets a box of used wine corks (shipping and handling extra)!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 vienna
- 2 Questions about Polish sights
- 3 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 4 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 5 Bernina Express mid-March
- 6 Ireland travel passport question
- 7 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 8 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 9 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 10 4 days itinerary for France
- 11 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 12 where to stay in London?
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Juangfrau / mt
- 15 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 16 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 17 Switzerland
- 18 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 19 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 20 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 21 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 24 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 25 Southern Germany - a base for travel
A fermented quiz this time: